Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Net carbs

whistley21whistley21 Posts: 3Member, Premium Member Posts: 3Member, Premium Member
As a new premium member but long time general member I don’t understand the lack of calculating net carbs. It is so easy to do via the dashboard that I can’t understand why it not there. Nobody really follow carbs when it’s net carbs that matter. I literally may be moving on from MFP over this small inconvenience:(

Replies

• kimny72kimny72 Posts: 14,236Member Member Posts: 14,236Member Member
    Actually, tons of people don't follow a low carb or keto approach and just watch total carbs.

You can rearrange your columns so carbs and fiber are right next to each other, and do the math in your head in the interim. As this site is used internationally, and different countries figure carbs differently, I wouldn't hold my breath, as figuring automatically would actually mess up the entries of international users.
    edited October 28
  • ceiswynceiswyn Posts: 2,134Member Member Posts: 2,134Member Member
    Almost everything I log is already in net carbs. Because I'm in the UK, and we list net carbs over here.
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 6,621Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,621Member, Premium Member
    So, if it was net carbs, many members would have to do the math. Right now, low carbers have to do the math. How is this a solution, other than to you personally?
  • sijomialsijomial Posts: 15,525Member Member Posts: 15,525Member Member
    Move to another country that has different food labelling laws and label carbs as net carbs - you will have a huge choice of countries as yours is one of the few who don't.
  • healthymom1027healthymom1027 Posts: 16Member, Premium Member Posts: 16Member, Premium Member
    I don’t think he’s suggesting MFP show ONLY net carbs, just show it as a separate macro users can choose to display in daily goals.