Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Unsociable hours

PearsonRDPearsonRD Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
Morning

Just joined but last night I got woken up at 2am by my app on tablet and phone both binging at me. For some reason mfp decided that 2am would be a good time to send me a notification stating that I had not logged my lunch.

Really?!? 2am? Come on mfp that's ridiculous!

Replies

• LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 6,621Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,621Member, Premium Member
    Just go into your settings to turn those notifications off. Or, just turn your phone off while you sleep.
  • tripichick1tripichick1 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    how can i post a question
  • Gisel2015Gisel2015 Posts: 2,848Member Member Posts: 2,848Member Member
    @tripichick1

You just did!!!!
    edited October 30
  • kjarvokjarvo Posts: 246Member Member Posts: 246Member Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Just go into your settings to turn those notifications off. Or, just turn your phone off while you sleep.

I hate this too. Surely companies can set it so it doesn't notify someone at unsociable hours?
  • lx1xlx1x Posts: 16,090Member Member Posts: 16,090Member Member
    socajam wrote: »
    kjarvo wrote: »

I hate this too. Surely companies can set it so it doesn't notify someone at unsociable hours?

What else would you like companies to do.
    How hard is it to change yourself. No wonder we are fast becoming a nation of brain dead people.

Sad but true.
  • deannalfisherdeannalfisher Posts: 5,168Member, Premium Member Posts: 5,168Member, Premium Member
    my guess is tha tyou aren't in the US for time zone - so what is normal time for the US is early morning overseas - but like others said, you can turn off notifications on your device; you can set up silent hours (i.e. i don't get anything from 9:30pm to 7am because of silent time)
  • MostlyWaterMostlyWater Posts: 4,105Member Member Posts: 4,105Member Member
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 6,621Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,621Member, Premium Member
    socajam wrote: »

What else would you like companies to do.
    How hard is it to change yourself. No wonder we are fast becoming a nation of brain dead people.

Amen!!! 🙏
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Posts: 36,942Member Member Posts: 36,942Member Member
    My guess is that push notifications are scheduled for a certain time in whatever time zone the servers are in. That may or may not be "unsociable" hours for you depending on where you are in the world.
  • Hollis100Hollis100 Posts: 279Member, Premium Member Posts: 279Member, Premium Member

Thousands/millions of users with different schedules in the day/night -- from police, firefighters, medical, airlines, military, students, and on and on. How would you expect a company to know what hours people keep? Just learn the technology or turn the phone off.
    edited November 8
  • JBanx256JBanx256 Posts: 465Member Member Posts: 465Member Member
    And certainly you realize not everyone keeps the same hours as you? Plenty of people do shift work (nurses, first responders, etc). Not everyone works a 9-5 job (and ummm...let's not forget time zone differences etc? Right? I mean...really?) and gets to be safe and snug in their beds at 2am.
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 16,430Member Member Posts: 16,430Member Member
    You should be able to adjust the settings on your phone so you only get notifications during your sociable hours, whatever they are for you. That will apply to all your apps and notifications.