How often do you train?

2»

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Daily. I workout at home and am following a program that’s 30 minutes a day. 2 of those days are active recovery days (Pilates and Yoga) and the rest are a mix of cardio and strength training. I also run 3x a week.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    When I'm training for a big triathlon I usually train five days a week with one day of rest. In the off season I like to lift in the gym three days a week. Nothing big just circuits and machines.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    4-5x/week. 15-33 minutes of cardio, followed by ~60-80 minutes of lifting (6-8 lifts, 3-5 sets, 6-15 reps depending on the lift/where I'm at).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    My goal is to be active everyday. I like to do strength training twice per week, but various injuries and issues make that less than I'd like. I also garden, walk, hike, practice yoga, etc.
  • 84creative wrote: »
    ^^^i got tired just looking at that.

May have been overkill for what the OP was asking :-)

I appreciated it.
  • jeffjeff85
    jeffjeff85 Posts: 118 Member
    4 days per week
    2 days 'heavy' for me weights about 30 sets followed by 20 ish mins steady state cardio
    Other 2 days lighter weights (8-10 rep range) followed by higher intensity cardio
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    3x per week strength training with a trainer some cardio included but not the main focus. 2x per week yoga class.
  • 5 days a week lifting. 1 to 2 step aerobics classes a week. I’m pretty sedentary outside the gym.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    weight training at least three days a week, I just cycle through the body parts whatever days I have the time. I do not specifically schedule workouts.
    Cardio is much the same. I try to run at least once a week, but I throw in elliptical, walking, cycling, where possible.
  • pdmatthews
    pdmatthews Posts: 37 Member
    Weights 3 days out of every 4 (push pull legs rest). Light cardio rest day and I walk at least 30 mins everyday