Stay under my calorie goal (currently 1740) โœ”1688

Get 5,000 steps a dayโœ” 11,782

No eating out โœ”

Exercise for at least 20 minutes a day. โœ” 30 minute walk

No caffeine after 1pm (my dr's suggestion for sleep issues) โœ”

Awesome goals and stepping Kai!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Ok - I need help... I need to trim the fat off my budget and I am switching from cable to live streaming... One problem, I know nothing about different streaming stations...

Please help - If you are a streamer and you are currently using a live streaming station (HULU, Netflix, etc.) which includes primary channels ( 4, 5, 7, 10, etc. ), and if you are willing to share, please let me know what it costs you? How it works? What you think about it? or anything else you want to help me out with???

I know this is not about fitness - but my financial and mental stability impact my health too... Help me out, I would love to hear from my friends that do stream...

Thanks
    Steve
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited November 2019
    @ConfidentRaven
    STEPS POSTED KAI... YOUR JUST PICK EM UP AND LAYIN THEM DOWN... GREAT AND I DO MEAN GREAT STEPPIN.

nrcvisnls19x.png

Well a NSV health achievement huh... I guess it would managing the 2 biggest things that impact everyday. Managing my Ostomy and my prosthetic, they both figure in on what I eat and how I eat. Since I have been losing weight Shadow the stoma has had better fittings with his Ostomy Gear. It doesn't leak now, I don't have to add layer upon layers of adhesives to prevent those leaks, and most of all I don't have to add 2 barrier strips to finalize the seal around the wafer. That alone is a win win for me.

For putting on my brace and strapping it into place, because Shadow is better behave cuz of the diet it's much easier to get the brace on and put into place and secure the Velcro fasteners without Shadow causing problems. It now easier on my knees, easier on whats left of the lower calf.

Pack-in a hundred extra pounds is not good for the stoma placement and for the lower leg. It causes extra care on my part and then when it hits the fan with either of them, my day is just completely in the garbage can.

That's my NSV
    G

• Navydaddjtc
    edited November 2019
    cksuvvx6suqm.png

• Navydaddjtc
    GOOD MORNING TEAMS
    THE DECEMBER CHAT ROOMS HAVE BEEN OPENED
    LISELYN AND I WILL BE POSTING ALL NEW CHALLENGERS ON THE DECEMBER THREADS
    SO PLEASE CHECK THEM DAILY AS WE GO THROUGH THE REGISTRATION PROCESS
    THANKS
    G

FITNESS WARRIORS
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773694/fitness-warriors-december-chat#latest
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Ok - I need help... I need to trim the fat off my budget and I am switching from cable to live streaming... One problem, I know nothing about different streaming stations...

Please help - If you are a streamer and you are currently using a live streaming station (HULU, Netflix, etc.) which includes primary channels ( 4, 5, 7, 10, etc. ), and if you are willing to share, please let me know what it costs you? How it works? What you think about it? or anything else you want to help me out with???

I know this is not about fitness - but my financial and mental stability impact my health too... Help me out, I would love to hear from my friends that do stream...

Thanks
    Steve

As far as I know Hulu is the only service that offers live streaming. Itโ€™s around $45 a month. I donโ€™t pay for it, I donโ€™t care about live streaming and their regular plan is significantly cheaper at just $6 a month. Why do you want live streaming?

I just cut down the number of streaming services I use so now I have Hulu and Disney+ I used to also use HBO and Netflix but decided neither had enough content I cared about to continue with them anymore.

Amazon Prime I have access to through my in-laws but it also doesnโ€™t have content Iโ€™m super interested in. Which streaming service is best for you really depends on what you want/need.
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member

Morning! Since losing weight I donโ€™t experience the lower back pain I once did. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ‘

Head on over and share also with our entire F2F group. ๐Ÿ‘
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest

Wow - that's a great health benefit!!!
  • shbarbor
    Check in for 11/25

Stay under my calorie goal (currently 1740) โœ”1688

Get 5,000 steps a dayโœ” 11,782

No eating out โœ”

Exercise for at least 20 minutes a day. โœ” 30 minute walk

No caffeine after 1pm (my dr's suggestion for sleep issues) โœ”

Awesome as always Kai! No red X's for you :blush:
  • shbarbor
    cksuvvx6suqm.png

Love this!!!
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 540 Member
    Day 3 would be that in last 10 years Ive had both knees replaced, right shoulder replaced and brain surgery to fix my eye! Smh AND Im still here! Normally when Im in pain I wouldn't work out but Ive come to learn that the pains no worse and actually like today it actually reduces the pain somehow! Who knew?? But God.

I hear ya.

Last week I was in so much pain for going hard four days in a row. Had a chance to rest my knees for three days, still hurt yesterday but I said the heck with it and worked out. This morning was sore, but after running around with the wife all morning shopping for Turkey day, they don't feel as bad. It's hit and miss with me. Sometimes when I work out, they feel better, sometimes worse. Going to get the most out my knees till I get them replaced in January.

Thanks for inspiring us!
  • shbarbor
    @holmesp603 That's a great one that the exercise actually HELPS the pain!

@Navydaddjtc Great benefit!! And having everything fit together well keeps you exercising & out of pain. Keeps you out of the vicious cycle. Very good!!
  • shbarbor

Thanks
    Steve

I was going to dump cable, quite a few years ago. I got an antenna for the attic - with it I could get the 3 local news stations. In the end, my husband didn't want to give it up but we did install the antenna & prove the concept. We stream Hulu & Netflix but not Live. I think Hulu's about $11 without commercials & $16 for Netlix (keeps going up; we can stream 4 devices at once I think, which we found we needed - there are cheaper plans with only two devices at once).
  • Navydaddjtc
    OKAY HERE YA GO
    OUR 1ST COMMUNITY POST
    NOW COME ON AND GET UP AND GO OVER THERE AND KEEP US ON TOP THE PILE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773721/reinvent-yourself/p1?new=1
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited November 2019
    HEHEHEHE
    WHEN I AM ON A ROLL IT'S LIKE SHADOWX-117
    TAKIN OFF AFTER A BAD GUY THERE IS NO STOPPING HIM

OUR 2ND COMMUNITY POST THIS IS SOME OF MY BETTER WORK DON'T YA KNOW
    SO YEAH YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO HIT THE LINK AND KEEP US THE TOP GUNS THAT WE ARE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773723/challenge-non-scale-victories-nsvs/p1?new=1

COME ON LET'S ROCK IT IN DECEMBER
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,081 Member
    Steps update
    Fri 22 Nov - 10,116
    Sat 23 Nov - 13,724
    Sun 24 Nov - 14,592
    Mon 25 Nov - 11,220
  • Navydaddjtc
    NikMar wrote: ยป
    Steps update
    Fri 22 Nov - 10,116
    Sat 23 Nov - 13,724
    Sun 24 Nov - 14,592
    Mon 25 Nov - 11,220

@NikMar
    THANKS NIKKI THEY BE POSTED
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,315 Member
    Day 3 would be that in last 10 years Ive had both knees replaced, right shoulder replaced and brain surgery to fix my eye! Smh AND Im still here! Normally when Im in pain I wouldn't work out but Ive come to learn that the pains no worse and actually like today it actually reduces the pain somehow! Who knew?? But God.

You are so remarkable----you have been through so much and have come out stronger--I'm in awe of you my friend....more than inspiring!! <3
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited November 2019
    Day 3: List one health benefit you've achieved by making healthier choices. NSV:

My "numbers" are good. :) My blood pressure, cholesterol, BMI, resting heart rate, glucose level are all very healthy! And that was my primary goal...health.(Those numbers were all bad at my highest weight...and I was being asked to take meds by my docs for years--I was avoiding.)

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR

DAILY GOALS: Tuesday, 11/26

โœ… Logged food
    โœ… Stayed under calorie goal
    โœ… 1 hour+ of cardio & Strength (Elliptical HIIT, Weights: LEGS/ROWS, Core Class)
    โœ… Maintained IF schedule w/ No food after dinner
    โœ… Water: 195.8 oz.
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 540 Member
    26 Nov Recap:

Logged all Foods
    Calories Under
    Steps: 5770
    Water: 86 oz
    Exercise: Strength weights 30 mins, PT knee 45 mins, foam roller stretch 30 mins

This discussion has been closed.