Let's talk about our cars!

Replies

• lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    I don't have a car! I use transport (hardly ever) or walk which is good for the waistline and good for the environment. 😊
  • RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    People rely on cars, buses and trains way too much for theIr transportation. They should walk or ride a bike to more places.

Healthy living begins with a walk.

• marisal05
    marisal05 Posts: 1 Member
    RevGym2 wrote: »
    People rely on cars, buses and trains way too much for theIr transportation. They should walk or ride a bike to more places.

Yes, but not practical for everyone - I'm not much on walking 12 miles to my work and back again every day.
    Not to mention the extra 30 miles I have to commute on the days I have custody of my daughter.

^^This. I live in Montana. My home town sits a mile above sea level and it was below zero the past two mornings. (With a wind chill around -23 yesterday in particular). There are some people who come here specifically to train in this kind of weather and at this altitude...but they tend to be training for extreme mountain climbing, or for the Olympics, or they're in the military and their here for special high altitude training.

I am not one of those people! (I'm just working on losing weight and getting in shape!) (^w^)/

As for vehicles, I just got myself a 2017 Honda Civic ex-t. The heated seats have been a boon these last few days! We also own a 2013 Toyota Prius C that is very nice on the pocket book when it comes to filling up at the gas station! Doesn't do too bad on the mountain roads, either!
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member

I walk to my car every morning
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member

Yes, but not practical for everyone - I'm not much on walking 12 miles to my work and back again every day.
    Not to mention the extra 30 miles I have to commute on the days I have custody of my daughter.

Agreed. I don't really want to walk 22 miles in to London on office days.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited October 2019
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Instead of walking, I try to do cartwheels most everywhere I go.

It makes hopping on the Subway or boarding an Airplane far more entertaining.

However....

Grocery shopping can sometimes be a challenge:

0517cba7ecd818937cef14e0147ba759_w200.gif

So, that was you at WalMart! Well played! I gave you a 10! 👏
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,294 Member
    I currently have 5 vehicles: 1930 Model A; 1992 Firebird; 1994 Caprice Classic; 2019 F150 truck; 2019 Kia Soul.
    Then we have our 2 work vehicles: F350 truck and a F450 Mini Bus. All for 2 people.....really? How many cars do 2 people need?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

This is exactly why I joined MFP and participate in the forums.

The motivation received here is unsurpassed... yet I must admit, you sir have set the bar very, very high.

Exercizesing iz Hard !
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I drive a Lexus ES350.

Previous car was a Honda Civic.

First car was an Acura Integra.

• George_of_the_Jungle

This is exactly why I joined MFP and participate in the forums.

The motivation received here is unsurpassed... yet I must admit, you sir have set the bar very, very high.

Exercizesing iz Hard !

:)
    I'm all for great exercise and healthy living. I actually do walk quite a bit on a regular day. The thread is titled; Let's talk about our cars!, so about my automobile I spoke . The direction was changing, so I walked it back on track. Like a train. Now I've got to find a way to get a plane in here...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I drive a Lexus ES350.

I've had both the Lexus and the Acura Integra.

The Integra was a blast to drive.

The Lexus was silky smooth, I just want my cars the same way I like my womenz...

fast, responsive, a lil' rough around the edges & unforgiving.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    I drive a Lexus ES350.

The Lexus was silky smooth, I just want my cars the same way I like my womenz...

don't forget about the no refund policy :)
  • nooshi713
    I drive a Lexus ES350.

I loved all of these cars. All reliable and easy to drive. Asian cars FTW.

I’m getting a Tesla next though. White with white leather interior.
  • nooshi713
    I drive a Lexus ES350.

don't forget about the no refund policy :)

I have a no test drive policy.

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    2017 Mitsubishi Mirage.
    Most people think it's the size of a Smart Car. Then they get in and realize it's actually a comfortable ride at 4 and can seat 5 (3 smaller in the back), so perfect to haul the kiddos if necessary.

It gets 40-45 mpg, so that's a bonus and it's a manual. I crack up every time kids' friends get in and are like "whoa, you drive a stick?"
  • Still_too_fat1970
    Still_too_fat1970 Posts: 288 Member
    2017 Honda Civic LX

2001 Corvette Z06

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    i drive an 05 chevy pickup with like 92,000 on the odometer, but this year everything started falling apart on it. Finally got the mechanical issues fixed now though, plus some extras.

put some bilsteins under it to help smooth out the ride. upgraded the middle jump seat to a folding console with extra storage. upgraded the stereo head unit to one of those fancy ones with apple carplay. new speakers, new subwoofer too. i put in LED headlights and resurfaced the lenses so i can actually see at night again. i put in new door rubbers so it seals better and cuts down on road noise on the highway especially. new neoprene seat covers. new dash cam. new backup camera to go with the new head unit. even put a volant intake under the hood. tons of other little stuff i can't even remember.
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    edited October 2019
    1989 Camry - First car I owned. Over 200,000 miles. Stick shift. Bought for $2000 from a neighbor while I was working at Toys 'R Us in college. Totaled in a crash.

1997 Malibu - Bought for $3100. Ran it into the ground until the power steering broke. Donated to charity.

2001 BMW 323i Convertible - Bought for $4500. Totaled while coming back on a road trip. Hit a patch of ice on the freeway and spun into a guard rail.

1999 Infiniti G20 - Bought for $5500 at 35,000 miles. Amazing deal and it is super reliable. Almost about to hit 100,000 miles on it.