Checking in
    Nov1 : 111.9 lbs
    Nov 8: 110.1 lbs
    Nov 15: 111.3 lbs
    Nov 22: 112.7 lbs
    Nov 29:
    Nov 30:

Hanging my head in shame... Stress eating way too much. Missing the mark

Youā€™re up less than a pound this month. I think youā€™re being too hard on yourself. If youā€™re experiencing unusual amounts of stress, is there someone you can talk to? Is there an activity you can participate in that relaxes you or that you enjoy? We have your back, but make sure you have your back, too.

• epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    epangili wrote: Ā»
    Checking in
    Nov1 : 111.9 lbs
    Nov 8: 110.1 lbs
    Nov 15: 111.3 lbs
    Nov 22: 112.7 lbs
    Nov 29:
    Nov 30:

Hanging my head in shame... Stress eating way too much. Missing the mark

Youā€™re up less than a pound this month. I think youā€™re being too hard on yourself. If youā€™re experiencing unusual amounts of stress, is there someone you can talk to? Is there an activity you can participate in that relaxes you or that you enjoy? We have your back, but make sure you have your back, too.

Thank you for putting it in perspective. Yes, I went to my group last night to talk about my emotional eating in celebrate recovery. I would like to exercise but can't due to the drunk driver accident till I finish physical therapy. It's a struggle for me.
  • quemalosuerte
    quemalosuerte Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    "epangili wrote:

Thank you for putting it in perspective. Yes, I went to my group last night to talk about my emotional eating in celebrate recovery. I would like to exercise but can't due to the drunk driver accident till I finish physical therapy. It's a struggle for me.

An activity you enjoy doesnā€™t have to be exercise. It could be putting work aside and watching a movie, going to a pottery class, sitting in a garden and writing poetry or sketching, or even taking an extra long bubble bath. Iā€™m glad you have a group you can talk to. I just donā€™t think it helps to beat yourself up about not making week to week goals.
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    "epangili wrote:

An activity you enjoy doesnā€™t have to be exercise. It could be putting work aside and watching a movie, going to a pottery class, sitting in a garden and writing poetry or sketching, or even taking an extra long bubble bath. Iā€™m glad you have a group you can talk to. I just donā€™t think it helps to beat yourself up about not making week to week goals.

True. Although watching movies is dangerous for me in terms of mindless eating. I'm journaling my feelings but during work it's hard to find an activity I enjoy. I enjoy thrift store shopping but not motivated to do it because poundage gain. I enjoy ballroom dancing but dance partner is incapacitated like me. I enjoy kickboxing but again same reason. I enjoy hiking but same reason. I guess I need to find a new hobby... I've tried knitting and sewing but I'm gratified by instant results so not my cup of tea. I've tried painting but I'm so not artistic. I love gardening but live in a condo so no yard. Ive tried to learning guitar but not successful. Bubble baths, meh... What do you love to do to destress?