Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Barcode scanner

bjbrechkobjbrechko Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
Have MFP change the barcode scanner? Now i have a box and it ask for the barcode number.

Replies

• beastmoves247beastmoves247 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    It has changed for me as well. I also have the "Enter barcode here" box. I also have my camera but it doesn't find any barcode when i point the camera at it. Anybody else having this problem?
  • pecabonitaspecabonitas Posts: 147Member, Premium Member Posts: 147Member, Premium Member
    Uh oh. I relied heavily on that scanner. 😣
    I'm not sure this is a common problem. May want to try if it still works for you. I've been looking around and haven't found anything about this problem so far. I would've expected a massive outcry if a central feature of the app were broken like this.
    It seems this may be a known bug. The release notes for the current version list "Bug: Barcode scanner is having trouble focusing after updating" https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032274332-Known-Issues-Android-App
    edited November 5
  • aurastesiaaurastesia Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I can't use the new barcode scanner either. It won't focus. This makes me pretty upset since i relied heavily on that feature.
  • LeannJeffersLeannJeffers Posts: 350Member Member Posts: 350Member Member
    I find that with the update you will want to have your camera positioned over the barcode before you select the barcode feature. It doesn't matter if it's far away it will still pick it up as long as the camera can see all of it.
    Clear as mud?