Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Open to diary

hmebateshmebates Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
MFP does a great job assisting those who want to count calories to do so efficiently and effectively with an app. To further increase efficiency the app should open to the diary page directly. Looking at a social media stream is not conducive to quickly logging food. This should be an option for premium members for sure.

Replies

• LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 6,621Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,621Member, Premium Member
    I have premium and when the app opens to my home page, I just click the diary button. Doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. 🤔
    edited November 5
  • moonangel12moonangel12 Posts: 187Member, Premium Member Posts: 187Member, Premium Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I have premium and when the app opens to my home page, I just click the diary button. Doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. 🤔

Same here, but I tend to agree with the OP, I think in part because my phone is dragging lately so it takes it several seconds to load, a couple more seconds to be responsive to touch, several more seconds to load the diary page, then a couple seconds for that portion to be editable. Not a huge amount of time overall, but when I am sitting at the table with my family, if feels like an uncomfortably long time to be staring at my phone just waiting, or if they are waiting behind me while I weigh and log my food.

• ceiswynceiswyn Posts: 2,134Member Member Posts: 2,134Member Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

Same here, but I tend to agree with the OP, I think in part because my phone is dragging lately so it takes it several seconds to load, a couple more seconds to be responsive to touch, several more seconds to load the diary page, then a couple seconds for that portion to be editable. Not a huge amount of time overall, but when I am sitting at the table with my family, if feels like an uncomfortably long time to be staring at my phone just waiting, or if they are waiting behind me while I weigh and log my food.

Yeah, the MFP app on my iPad is almost unusably slow, so having to wait for ten seconds for the page I don’t want to load so that I can click through to the page that I do is... irritating.
  • DanyellMcGinnisDanyellMcGinnis Posts: 280Member Member Posts: 280Member Member
    You can do this on the computer by bookmarking the diary screen. I tried the app for awhile but found it unusable on my phone due to interface issues (phone is new enough to run it, but I have fat fingers and bad eyesight).
  • Chef_BarbellChef_Barbell Posts: 5,264Member, Premium Member Posts: 5,264Member, Premium Member
    So much agree with this! It used to be an option back in the day but they must have silently gotten rid of it because I was looking hard for it recently.