How many calories are in Mexican vanilla extract ACTUALLY?

2»

Replies

• llaneelyort
    llaneelyort Posts: 1 Member
    I had x1 tbsp with my usual keto shake. 45-60 minutes I test my level and it was nil(zero).
    this particular brand has more carbs than the standard vanilla bean extract.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    If in the US, 0 can be rounded down from under 5 calories. Highest estimate then would be 5 calories (rounding up from 4.9) for a tsp. 3 tsp in a tablespoon, so 15 calories would be your max estimate. It looks like from the ingredient list that this product is about 80-90% water, so I would guess more like 5 calorie for a tablespoon.

I would say it is unnecessary to attempt to be this exact with calories, but I won't to avoid a slew of dislikes! :p

I know this is an old thread, but this is exactly what I do. If something is labeled as "zero calorie" I assume the serving size = about 4 calories and multiply based on that.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    So basically, I have this Mexican vanilla blend that says 1 tsp is 0 calories, but obviously I and Dale Gribble do not trust the government, but for me that's when it comes to calories.
    Anyone wanna tell me how many calories are in a tablespoon (yes we're jumping to tablespoons), or am I just gonna have to estimate 30-60 for my entire life?

Legally, I think (in the US) 0 = under 5 calories per serving size. So up to 15 for your tbsp (3 tsp) if packaged/ labeled in the US.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm sure OP is long gone, but I'm more concerned that they're using multiple tablespoons of vanilla extract often enough for this to matter. In *what*?