kid friendly weight gain recipes / products / ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I just had another random thought...avocado. Apparently it's good in smoothies, but my girl will just scoop it out and eat it with a spoon. (not everyone's taste, of course)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

This can help. Also, not all protein powders are created equal. If you can, I would recommend ordering some samples of PEScience and Quest. They not only taste really good, but don't have any grit to them. And if you like chocolate, add their chocolate flavor to chocolate milk and add some heavy cream.

I picked up Quest Vanilla milkshake when I ran out of Optimum nutrition vanilla ice cream, and while it's not gritty, I find the flavor sickly sweet.

It languishes in my cupboard for now.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    High fat dips for her veggies, cashew/almond butter if that makes your son safer at home, oils on salads, fatty cuts of meat, add some olive oil or melted butter or full fat cheese to pasta sauces, butter on steamed veg, make dips or dressing for everything, high fat ice cream or heavy whipping cream with fruit, cream instead of milk on cereal.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    My kid sucks at eating and is very very skinny. I make banana bread/muffins and will chuck some protein powder in there for extra protein, use lots of eggs, use butter. Not "diet" banana bread LOL. I have put collagen protein in her Milo in the morning too. She not only sucks at eating but is also a self-proclaimed vegetarian so I need to keep on top of her protein intake.

Vegetarian collagen protein? I don't think there is such a thing ...
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    zg7i11ao3aps.jpeg
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Designer-Protein-Lite-Protein-Powder-Chocolate-Cookies-Cream-10g-Protein-0-6-Lb/51222397

My 2yr old loves this one it’s vegetarian. It’s low calorie (60 per scoop mix well it’s clumpy but the clumps taste like chocolate so my picky eater doesn’t get upset if I missed one) so I add ice cream a few scoops,chocolate syrup Hershey 1 serving,milk any your choice,I add coffee creamer vanilla to Carmel flavors. Use a blender I make lots put in a glass bottle you can reuse that way just shake y pour all day long.

Peanut butter pancakes 🥞-
    Peanut butter cups upon cups of it.
    Greek yogurt a cup
    Honey 🍯 (if you want )
    Milk any type (my son only likes unsweetened almond milk 🥛 super picky but it’s 30cal so try a higher calorie milk if yours will let you.
    Eggs 🥚 or egg whites (depends on Doctors diet recommendations free range is best)
    *If they love less simple ingredients Can add chocolate 🍫 ,raisins,fruits,etc*
    He eats his plain but is a good snack to meal.

Cheese sandwich 🥪
    Wheat or any bread they like
    Cheese 🧀 (real cheese not artificial)
    A tab of margarine on top
    Air fryer 9-10 minutes
    Serve with chips to even chicken or any meat or soups

Pizza 🍕 papa Johns has high calorie chicken wings y cinnamon bites also you can make pizza higher calorie.

It’s hard when their picky the list of things they’ll eat is so darn tiny. Mines 2yrs old so that list is a damn thumbnail still. Luckily they grow out of the terrible 2’s pickiness with age ...or their Sheldon from the Big Bang theory lol 😂.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I went through a period of being below the growth chart as a child. Mom just added cream to my cereal, butter or cream of chicken/mushroom soup mixed in my veggies, protein powder blended with ice cream. Full fat dairy and fattier meats. I also loved to dip almost anything in sour cream. My nephews prefer ranch, hummus, or peanut butter. Trail mix and granola are high calorie snacks.