WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    @YinxFed and @conleywoods So great to have you join us here. This is a wonderfully supportive group and I can tell already that you are the perfect fit and in the right place. Welcome!! Let’s do this. 😀🎉💪🏼👍🏻
  • micki48
    Terytha wrote: »
    The REAL last weigh in for December: 202.8.

I mean, I pretty much guaranteed failed my stretch goal of onederland by 2020, but I'm not upset! Because I'm so darn close now. I made it so much closer than I thought I would.

@Terytha This is NO WAY you are a failure for 2019. You dedication, losses, and commitment to exercise have blown me away. You will reach all your goals in 2020. I can feel it. You are awesome 👏🏼 😎😘👍🏻💪🏼🎉
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Welcome @YinxFed and @conleywoods , Yinka and Kristi. Thank you also for posting your goals and specific daily actions - this is the best way to really make it work. Even if not every day is perfect, going after those things does work. We are heading into 2020 with all kinds of energy, sass, determination, and fun. Looking forward to getting to know you!

It looks like there will be quite a few new members - January is always a bit of a roller coaster with people trying new things - and the best way to not be overwhelmed by the many messages is to stop by here on the chat often. Just waiting for weigh-in day is a guarantee of feeling left out, and not really taking advantage of the knowledge and community available here. When the team is large, as it will be for the next little while at least, the chat thread gets big fast! So make sure you're in there, reading and catching up whenever you can, and posting often, even if it is just to say hi, I'm caught up - more later!
  • jugar
    Well I am going to try to avoid medical incident this year lol!

I slipped in q4 but it wasn’t a total slide.

My target is to get to ultimate goal of 140 and waist size 32 inches. Currently at 157.

I’m logging, drink water too 8 glasses. Exercise is targeted at 5-6 days per week with walking, HIIT and free weights.

Let’s go!!

Andrea - a quick question. Do you want to come back onto the regular team for January, or stay on the Support Team? Even if you only lose a little bit each month, it all counts. Either way, though, we're just glad you're there :heart:
  • ann_1403
    ann_1403 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi all
    I will be starting tomorrow Monday 30th December - have put on 12lbs over Xmas - overindulged big time - relaxing, chilling and feeling really uncomfortable - Hey ho had a fab Christmas - now back to reality
    Looking forward to the new challenge
    😆
    Ann
    Xx
  • jugar
    ann_1403 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I will be starting tomorrow Monday 30th December - have put on 12lbs over Xmas - overindulged big time - relaxing, chilling and feeling really uncomfortable - Hey ho had a fab Christmas - now back to reality
    Looking forward to the new challenge
    😆
    Ann
    Xx

Fantastic! You found us :smiley: Many of us have had quite the holiday madness. Fun, yummy, but then there's the aftermath. Here we come!

For now, post here - update us on your goals, a bit about yourself, what gets in your way, and start to meet your teammates as everyone gets more active after the last couple of weeks of craziness. Good to see you!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Good evening, team waistaways,
    I'm sorry about not reporting all of my steps. sigh. I'll give it another shot, @micki48 and hope to get them in sooner than Sunday nights. I'll aim to have "computer time" on my daily to-do list starting in January (next week)!
    I'm feeling successful in spite of having a moody day. Activities were pleasant enough but the recognition that my family all lives far away is sometimes very present and triggers me into a low place. I'm learning that I don't have to eat or drink something to shift that mood. I'm glad I have a coupld of new tools at hand so my dark moods are less likely to drag me down for too long. Sometimes, I get sad. Sometimes, it's triggered by annoyances and frustrations over which I have no control so...get out of the way! I guess that's the crux of it right there. No need to try and control everything except for my own little self!
    Icky weather heading in - still hoping to get a walk in tomorrow in the cemetary next door. The good thing about the cemetary (besides being quiet) is the road is closed during the winter and there are plenty of places to tromp about without any traffic from vehicles.
    I'm still working towards my goals for 2020 and will have something to share as the days of December wind down.
    Enjoy the evening.
  • micki48
    edited December 2019
    vzupavz83hc5.jpeg

Steppers - The results are in. Our steps were down considerably this week mostly because it was a very busy week and many people did not report steps understandably.

We walked a total of 261,280 steps which is 114 miles or 183 km.

And our winners are:

🎉👏🏼🎉👏🏼🎉👏🏼🎉👏🏼
    1st - @fourathomej
    2nd - @jugar
    3rd - @micki48

Steppers, nice job! But those of you not reporting, let’s have 100% reporting this coming week. May I suggest you post daily instead of at the end and forget? And remember, any steps are better than no steps. Get those step numbers reported. And let’s end the year strong. 👟🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏿‍♂️👟🎉 🍾
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    I have to... go back to work tomorrow. *dramatic lightning* Christmas is over.

I'd like to shout out a huge welcome to our new members, too many to remember all the names now but I look forward to getting to know you all in the weeks to come. :)

Please come talk to us! Tell us about you, your day, your ups, and your downs. Not just weight loss related but about anything. We're people, and we are more than just the weight we are, the exercise we do and the food we eat. It feels good to get words of support from a friend so let's all be friends. Here's (some of) what a good friend of mine said to me today on FB after I lamented a less than stellar workout:

"Doesn’t matter! Every step you take, every move you make is one more than you would have done had you been sitting on the couch.

Just keep trying! If you need help or advice I’m always willing to give it or I can direct you to resources that I find helpful."

I haven't seen him in years since I moved away but it doesn't matter. The support offered online is just as real as anywhere else. :)
  • jugar
    Okay my fun is over, back to work.. literally... I was off all last week, and apparently took a vacation from all common sense, but hey it was fun everyone deserves cookies for breakfast once or twice in their lives... I did have drinks, and I did smoke 2 cigs... So yes I tripped and scrapped my chin up really good, but it's healing and I'm already back on the horse... Have a great day !

I am so happy to see you back! I really missed you, and even though you had a wild time while gone, you're back home now and ready to re-discover all that wonderful common sense :smiley: And yes, cookies for breakfast are fabulous. Once or twice. And the drinks and cigs - you quit before, you'll quit again, and your lungs and liver will thank you!

Keep on posting, tracking, and stopping by for a chat. We even have rocking chairs on this porch.
  • jugar
    edited December 2019
    NEWS FLASH!

As you may know, most of the Fitness Warriors team has decided to leave F2F to begin a new group. A few are sticking with F2F, and we have very large numbers of new people joining - you have all seen the new people here, and more are coming every day. This is good! But it means we need all six teams!

So yesterday, we created a new team - tentatively named The Downsizers. The continuing members of the FW team will now be on the Downsizers, and lots of new people are now being placed on that team with them.

Call for help!
    The Downsizers will need a few more experienced (and enthusiastic!) members, to balance all the new folks. To help the new team move along smoothly, we are asking for volunteers of veteran members to join them (temporarily or permanently). We are also looking for a Captain and Motivator for the team.

If you are looking for a change, or have considered leadership, please let us know. We ask that you DM either @jugar or @beka3695.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Hey everyone! Sorry I’ve been out on travel for the last week. Early morning walks and afternoons on the beach. Lots of buffet and drinks and not so good food choices. Coming home tonight and happy to get back into my routine!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,357 Member
    Welcome to all the new folks!
    Time to match my actions to the thoughts and words. Filling up the water container for today and heading to the gym.
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    HI everyone, new here! You all seem very motivated and fun! No goals or plans right now as suffering a major funk right now, trying to be positive at least!
  • jugar
    ejdp254 wrote: »
    HI everyone, new here! You all seem very motivated and fun! No goals or plans right now as suffering a major funk right now, trying to be positive at least!

Major funks happen! Go listen to some - Major Funk and the Employment is a hilarious band from the Yukon. Guaranteed to get you moving. Hopefully not to the Yukon. It is pretty crazy up there.

No goals and no plans can be ok if you insert the tiniest little thing that you commit to. One little thing. 10 minutes of good exercise a day. Or no eating after 7 pm. Or whatever tiny thing that will make you feel great once you have checked off that box every day for a few days. That's enough - no major life planning needed!
  • jugar
    cory17 wrote: »
    Welcome to all the new folks!
    Time to match my actions to the thoughts and words. Filling up the water container for today and heading to the gym.
    I like that - matching your actions to the thoughts and words. We probably all know what we should be doing, but getting ourselves to do it is the hard part.

One thing we'll be putting up for January is a habit tracker. Anyone who wants to use it just puts in the habits they want to try to do every day, and then just goes into the tracker online and ticks the box. Each person can have 1-5 habits, and at the end of each week we'll have a look to see how it went. I'll be announcing it soon, and anyone who wants to do it just has to let me know and I'll put your name in. You'll get a link to the spreadsheet, fill in your habits and start hitting the check boxes. So think about it and then we'll get it going soon!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Well I am going to try to avoid medical incident this year lol!

I slipped in q4 but it wasn’t a total slide.

My target is to get to ultimate goal of 140 and waist size 32 inches. Currently at 157.

I’m logging, drink water too 8 glasses. Exercise is targeted at 5-6 days per week with walking, HIIT and free weights.

Let’s go!!

Andrea - a quick question. Do you want to come back onto the regular team for January, or stay on the Support Team? Even if you only lose a little bit each month, it all counts. Either way, though, we're just glad you're there :heart:

I am ready to come back and I plan on being more active in these pages! I also managed to hit my 157 lb target that I hoped I would not exceed for year end. Just started nipping things in the bud last couple of days.. thanks @jugar!
This discussion has been closed.