Thanksgiving Plan?

2»

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Our Thanksgiving was last month (Canada), I had two family dinners. My plan was to get food in me. A very fussy and hungry newborn came first, plus my other two kids. It was just so busy and stressed...I ate maybe one plate plus a few desserts but honestly I eat more on a normal day.
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Will discretely take a photo of what I eat and estimate. I am allowing myself to splurge a little since it is Thanksgiving and my birthday in the same weekend. It will be the 1st I have so called cheated. Staying at my sisters for 4 days and she is excellent cook! Main thing is enjoy food and family and am not worried about going over. AT ALL ....on Monday, it's business as usual.

I like the photo idea, seem obvious now but never though of it. Good for lots of dining out and social type situations.
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    I eat what I want, just not to illness anymore. I watch my portions and don't waste my calories on things I'm "meh" about.

I had not stuffed my self to discomfort in a long time. But I did it the other day. I was not able to work in a meal all day, just a bunch of running around so I had a H U G E spaghetti dinner. I was within my calorie goal but I ate most of them in this one meal. This was painful and made me just feel ill. Years ago I used to do this to myself all the time, almost like it was normal. I good reminder!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    I know I'll be over, I'm at 1230 before exercise calories but plan on working out in the morning. We usually go for walks after dinner but my brother broke his foot so it may not happen. I'll probably try to log. I talked my mom into making pumpkin cheesecake and my nephew is making brownies so I'm definitely having dessert. Aside of suberage I'm not too concerned about the actual dinner.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    erjones11 wrote: »
    I eat what I want, just not to illness anymore. I watch my portions and don't waste my calories on things I'm "meh" about.

I had not stuffed my self to discomfort in a long time. But I did it the other day. I was not able to work in a meal all day, just a bunch of running around so I had a H U G E spaghetti dinner. I was within my calorie goal but I ate most of them in this one meal. This was painful and made me just feel ill. Years ago I used to do this to myself all the time, almost like it was normal. I good reminder!!!

Yeah, I haven't done it in so long and I'll forget how awful it feels to way overeat unless I consciously remind myself of it.