Officially registered for my first (sprint) Tri!

Options
2»

Replies

• moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    My bike is in the shop! The one I got when I was 10 still fits - yay! Everything but the tubes and tires are original to it, surprisingly the only repair he saw was to replace the brakes (not just the pads, but the whole assembly was cracked... yikes). $115ish for a full tune up and repair, not too shabby for a 25 year old bike. I did spring for a nicer seat - Rx brand maybe? It’s completely split down the middle so I am hoping it will help with the numbness (and reading reviews it is promising... I also am wondering if my current seat might be to blame for some other issues that have currently started). Also looking at Power Grips Sport Pedal Grips - they are the ones my dad used to have years ago. He said he put his feet into the straps at an angle and when he straightened his foot it locked it in.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Seats are very individual to ones anatomy and riding style. Ask your bike shop for help making adjustments. There are lots of small adjustments, up, down, forward, back, etc to tweak the seat fit after you ride for awhile. The way it feels after several miles can be different than sitting in your driveway.