WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 966 Member
    Karen - That is a GREAT idea. I love it. I can't remember who said this: "Men. You can't live with them. You can't shoot them." So, I love the women-only gated community idea.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,576 Member
    Lanette LOL!!! A friend from post-graduate school once shared her fantasy with me…she wanted to form a women-only gated community. After being thoroughly vetted, male applicants would be bussed in each day to do any tasks/chores the women didn't want to do. Also to have sex when desired. The men would all have to be on the bus & gone by sundown so the women could, if they wished, meet for cocktails/mocktails, dinner, and evening entertainment. No f@rting allowed.

Karen in Virginia

Karen, lol! Where do I sign up? There's probably a waiting list! Good news for Olivia :)<3

Lanette

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,581 Member
    Checked the roast, still hard frozen, so postponed that meal/prep 'til tomorrow.

Early this morning Joe fired up the chainsaw, walked down to the lane and cut down two trees (alder?) that were falling into the road. Came back with the light of action burning in his soul, “Let me chop down those bushes!” Noooooo! They are rhododendrons, and while we’ve been gradually pruning them back, they are still a wild mess. Yes, they’ll grow back, the ones in the flowerbed did. But it takes awhile, and I believe these are holding up the side of the hill on which our house rests. Joe agreed to whack only what I said he could, so there I am, in robe and slippers, pointing with a walking stick at which branches and where he could cut. Was able to save about a fourth of the branches, enough I hope to keep the roots alive and the hill in place. Joe has most of the line of sight to the driveway he wanted, and seems content, though he’d rather have taken them down to the ground. Ah compromise!

Then checked email and… Woo HOO! $5K matching grant approved! Riding high! Lisa and all, thanks for your encouragement. Will let the “next thing” wait til (way) after the New Year.

Allie your atrium party sounds like just my kind of party too!
    Lisa Thank You for the good news link and reminder. It’s a wonderful world.
    Carol, Janetr and her daughter have been in my mind and prayers too lately. Hoping all’s well as it can b.
    Welcome @sammar1979. Tonight Barbie will post the link to next month’s thread
    Amber 2 sizes? WTG!
    Heather great strategies for your trip. Unleash? Bravissima!
    Karen in VA thanks for gently checking on Josephina Ballerina. She’s in prayers daily.
    Katla ((hugs)
    Lanette I’m giggling too! “Not looking for …” ding! ding!ding!ding!ding!

Now to go lop the fallen rhodies into burn pile sized pieces. Gee, Lanette, that wasn't on my "ToDo"s for today. Go figure! ;}

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,131 Member
    :) In the spirit of being flexible and inclusive, I've posted the link to the thread for January 2020--early for some and late for others.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777373/women-ages-50-for-january-2020#latest
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Lanette-thank you!!
    Karen in Va-lol!!!Happy Olivia is feeling better.Prayers that she continue getting better and for Josephine.
    Debby in Va
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,992 Member
    KetoneKaren~ oh that sounds like my kind of fantasy...I love it~~~
    well round trip from Lima to Cusco is a whopping 67.20 I think I can handle that..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,057 Member
    Yyyyy
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,057 Member
    last stats for the day and for 2019

bike ride hm 2 gym, windy- 8.15mn, 11.5amph, 1.58mi= 68c
    0 RUNNER- 30min, 10.43min mi, lvl10, 8h, 102c, 37l, 2.80mi= 185c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.07min, 17.3amph, 1.47mi= 71c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, windy- 14.36min, 12.2amph, 2.96mi= 111c
    jog sta 2 wrk, windy- 5.35min, 9.50min mi, .56mi= 62c
    jog sta 2 wrk 2 sta, windy- 4.37min, 9.56min, .46mi= 62c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, sprinkles and windy- 23.05min, 6.8amph, 2.59mi= 157c

total 714 cal
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2020
    Happy New Year! It will be 2020 in my location in 4 hours. Many of you are already there.❤️💙💚💛🧡
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,987 Member
    :p