Hula hoop anyone?

Options
If you use a hula hoop for exercise can you please share your routine? What are the benefits of this activity?
Thank you!!

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    A couple of my friends with anxiety tend to use hoops as a form of cardio and self-soothing. For me, it's more of a fidget that boosts NEAT, but not necessarily a workout that I do for a specific benefit. Weighted and unweighted hoops will have different effects/benefits, but hooping is kind of an oddball option, because it's so specific until you get into some of the more athletic manoeuvers, and it still requires so much space. A hoop *is* a relatively inexpensive tool, but I've found that like my knitting supplies, they tend to multiply in dark corners of my house and I wake up in the morning to discover that I have a weighted hoop, an LED lighted hoop, a smaller speed hoop, a travel hoop that breaks down but I have never taken it anywhere, and the one I got for my kid that she never uses because my LED hoop is so much more entertaining... >_<
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I hoop, but as mentioned above, I don't consider it "exercise", but as way to slightly raise my NEAT and keep me occupied when watching TV instead of snacking.