General Discussion

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,818 Member
    Thank you. I depend on some daily support also. And like a good mom I worry about everyone when I don’t hear from them. ❣️
  • MelissaAY1017
    MelissaAY1017 Posts: 39 Member
    I can never quite get over how lucky I am to have found such a supportive group, that even worries when people are a little quieter than usual!

Work has just been chaos - our department is less than 10 people, and three of them have resigned for greener pastures in the last three weeks!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I am here!
  • Yoolypr
    Good to know you’re still part of the group!
    Lots of people seem to be rethinking their careers and lives post pandemic. The result is turmoil in the workplace as people double up to cover the work. And new people struggle to quickly learn the job. Time will hopefully smooth things out!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,609 Member
    HHHEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO :)

I've had a heck of a busy week. Good thing though is I seem to be eating/tracking really well?! Makes no sense. But I'm pleased.

Sorry I'm not giving big support - but my little support is coming at you with lots of unseen gusto. I promise. <3
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,581 Member
    Laurie you've been hiding! I am more sort of concerned for our quiet Alexandra and our struggling BMeadows. @Dante_80 has been quiet in the Balkan front lately. I hope he realizes that anything and everything can be posted.

Ugh... phone is beeping... beeping.... beeping....
  • luxia2020
    luxia2020 Posts: 55 Member
    I shall take my dumb, young(er) self and spam myself all over this group now that I have officially been "given permission" by the wise(r) ones here in the other discussion thread. 😈 Be prepared for nonsense!😂🤣

😎🤪🤪🤪😍🤪😬😍🤪😍🤪😍🤪🤪😬🤪🤪🤪😎 EMOJI SPAMS ARE THE ESSENCE OF HOW WE TYPE! YAAAAAAASSSSSSSS~
  • lauriekallis
    Not hiding - just coocoo :)

You go luxia! I love nonsense. Weight loss/control/management needs a good dose of silly.
  • PAV8888
    Only serious people post here!🤔😎
  • Yoolypr
    As if!!! Seriously?
  • luxia2020
    luxia2020 Posts: 55 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Only serious awesomely cool people post here!🤔😎
    Non, non, non~! Corrected it for you. The moment we started chatting it up in this group, we automatically became the cool kids! (I completely claim as the new cool kid around the block for now having 40+ posts!)
  • Yoolypr
    We all look like slackers compared to PAV! But let’s try to catch up.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    👍😎
  • I just never really feel that I have anything to say, or anything helpful to say. I mean, I spend my days reading books and cooking. And I think it's not always nice for me to post pictures or discussion of food when other people aren't eating carbs or aren't having fried foods or whatever.
  • Yoolypr
    Please keep posting. Your thoughts and feelings are interesting and helpful. And your cooking and meal planning skills are inspiring.
    As for others dietary restrictions, that’s something each individual must learn to deal with. The world isn’t suddenly going carb or fried free! You at least show how smarter cooking can be accomplished. Beats looking at food/restaurant ads on TV.
  • Yoolypr wrote: »
    Please keep posting. Your thoughts and feelings are interesting and helpful. And your cooking and meal planning skills are inspiring.
    As for others dietary restrictions, that’s something each individual must learn to deal with. The world isn’t suddenly going carb or fried free! You at least show how smarter cooking can be accomplished. Beats looking at food/restaurant ads on TV.

You make me feel hugged. Thank you.

So now I'll say that I'm going to go chunk up two truly massive chicken breasts and bag them with marinade to become a future meal of Chicken with Chinese Mushrooms or Cashew Chicken. I really ought to work the calories out on the sauce, properly.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Oh Alex, I love your posts….I envy your skill planning meals and juggling everyone’s special food preferences….I read a lot, too…well, I used to lol….right now I am reading “Stir the Pot” a story based on the last lynching of the KKK in Indiana….it is by an author in Brownstowm loosely based on a true event…please keep posting!
  • Today it's raining all day. That's what the weather forecast said and what my arthritis is telling me this morning. My arthritis tends to hold me personally responsible for the weather.

I do have some sitting down and working out lists to do today, but I also need to clean out the fridge. We'll see what I can get done, what with the arthritis mainly being in my midfoot joints.
  • lauriekallis
    We are having the same type of day here. Grey and misty - but warm!
    How are bodies respond to things is so mysterious. I hope your mid-foot joints somehow decide that the rain is not worthy of a reaction.
  • We are having the same type of day here. Grey and misty - but warm!
    How are bodies respond to things is so mysterious. I hope your mid-foot joints somehow decide that the rain is not worthy of a reaction.

That is, alas, unlikely. That's the area that got put back together with pins and screws after I folded my foot in half in my twenties. The doctor said it would be arthritic in my forties, and...yep. I pace myself and sit a lot on days it's being difficult, and try not to exceed my standing budget. That's really the other thing that keeps me out of doing cardio in a conventional way; I have a limit on how much weightbearing I do, and if I overspend, I'll regret it.