General Discussion

1141516171820»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    M-EF-Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

is a full and sufficient statement on its own and it pretty much covers half of everything in the universe!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,598 Member
    Okay - where are you two seeing this @pamelar25 person???? I've scrolled back and forth and not seen a post :s Me's goin' blind! B) (maybe me should take off the shades?)

Okay....mystery solved :) Somehow I managed to "ignore" @pamelar25....not sure how because I didn't even know such a thing was possible on MFP. But after seeing messages responding to her post and not being able to see her post I went hunting so that I could send this wonderful weight loser a message and once I hit her profile page there was an "unignore" option. So I did that and now I can see your posts @pamelar25 .... woohoo!

Pretty impressive progress. Glad I can now read about it. And very glad you are here posting again.
  • lauriekallis
    Enjoy the sun and all it brings, Alexandra!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,813 Member
    edited October 2022
    MFP is going to be down for “maintenance” tomorrow October 18 from 8 am Central time. Supposed to take two hours but they don’t sound confident! And we may experience problems afterwards. I think I’ll do a little pre-logging and hope it’s all better by tomorrow evening 🙏.
  • PAV8888
    edited March 9
    So I've noticed a few people mention while posting that they belong to this and "another" group. I'm sure different ones for different people!!!

I know that I generally spend most of my "facebook time" meandering the main MFP community forums.

Frankly the connection for me in this group is closer to the one I used to enjoy with my MFP friends and the wall posts.

Quite a few of us are still around, but the wall posts became impossible for me to keep up to or respond to and a pain and chore instead of "fun".

Ads, blogs, videos, and the interminable scrolling to get back to where you were trying to respond! And the many times typing crawled to a character by character battle.

So I cut off, sadly, but in self defence. Anyway.

The question is ...

Which other semi private/private groups do y'all ACTIVELY belong to in addition to this one?
  • lauriekallis
    None really - I am a member of Clean Eating Group but only check in there every few months. Sometimes I'll go take a look around in the other forums - but nothing consistently.
  • PAV8888
    Well I'm a member of the Fitbit group... but I haven't even looked in it for years... so I don't think that counts!

I was more wondering about groups/challenges/this that the other that people regularly engage with.

I've noticed in the main community forums that some of the "challenge" / "private" group people are "advertising" for "new blood" :smiley: which piqued my curiosity!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,731 Member
    edited March 9
    I'm a leader in the private group Lose 1 Pound A Week And Keep It Off - I joined that group the same week I joined this one (and abandoned it for the same 530 days as I did this group). It's a group that focuses on accountability - the one 'rule' is you need to post your weight once a week, but there are also optional ongoing challenges (hit your daily/weekly calorie goal, hit your workout goals, post your weekly miles, hit your accountability goals etc...) and there's always a weekly special challenge (last week was 'Eat the Rainbow' and this week is 'Know Your Stats'). @BCLadybug888 is also a leader in the same group. It has a general chat thread that's not too active - maybe a few posts a day...and then threads for the ongoing challenges (also not too active). So membership never feels too onerous...but sometimes it does feel as if the group's simply limping along...there was talk of disbanding it, but it's had a few new members join recently who have injected a bit of new blood, so it's likely to continue for the rest of this year at least, but after that who knows? Like here, just a handful of people keep the cogs turning and sometimes I’m sure they must feel like it’s a lot of effort for little reward.

What does that group give me that Larger Losers doesn't? I guess acountability...I actively participate in every single challenge, religiously...it keeps me focused. Plus the other 3 active leaders and some of the long term members have become virtual friends, like you guys here...

The only other group I belong to is the Ultimate Accountability Challenge. This is a new one for me - I only joined it in February, and this one has been very participative for me because one of the group's 'rules' is that you have to check in every day (or at least every 3 days) and post if you exercised, hit your calorie budget and tracked your food. Plus there's a daily 'topic of the day' which encourages debate and exchange of ideas/support etc. So the daily chat is very active - several dozen people checking in every day - and that's the main selling point of the group for me.

Other that that, I don't really participate in MFP - I rarely visit the discussion threads, and I don't have any friends (my deliberate choice) so I don't have any 'wall' posts to read. So those 3 groups are my 'check in and accountability' places....
  • Yoolypr
    I lurk around other groups but rarely post anything there. This is the only group I check in and post regularly. I don’t do the friends thing either. Private messages once or twice.
    Guess I’m antisocial? 😍
  • PAV8888
    @mta???? Is in that group too isn't he? And he has a garden! He has been advertising on the match boards
  • Bella_Figura
    edited March 10
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    @mta???? Is in that group too isn't he? And he has a garden! He has been advertising on the match boards

Yes, he’s a leader in Lose 1lb a week…he’s the primary driver of that group now and enormously supportive to its members. Without him the group would have folded a couple of years ago.

Come and join us!

• BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited March 10
    My goodness, I forgot I had joined this group...Bella's post popped up for me and I had to figure out what general discussion this was...
    I guess this is where I met you PAV, Yooly and Laurie, so good thing! ❤️

I have threads that I follow & participate in, like '60 years and up', but the 'lose 1lb a week' group is my 'home' I guess. 😄
  • PAV8888
    edited March 10
    match boards = main boards (above)

but I don't WANT to lose 1lb a week

(actually I don't, in spite of how it may sound in context. What I would LIKE to do is maybe manage to continue to drift down at almost a lb a month on average till year end)

You do realize that I am a rebel without a clue, right?

Because I got pissed at seeing red all the time I played with my settings so that I would ALWAYS be in the red even when I was in the green! Because screw red--right?

And when -495 goals to achieve -150 didn't work, I've moved to -695 which seems to be doing the trick... while I continue to always be above goal!

I log because I WANT to. if I *HAD* to, I wouldn't log! :wink:

Just about the ONLY times I haven't logged is during get-togethers with CCGGG, I do, more often that I should get distracted and don't weigh which a few years ago would have been inconceivable to me. But I still collect more than 2 or 3 weight ins per week. It's just that in the past it would have been daily.

I am logging loosely in that I no longer look up the exact food data central (USDA standard reference) to pick an entry and often just pick something close enough... horror of horrors even adjusting the weight to hit the caloric value I want if the entry is not as expected.

And I do feel a bit "responsible" to walk the walk if I am engaging in the talk :lol:
  • Bella_Figura
    edited March 10
    Plenty of maintainers in the Lose 1lb A Week group....

ETA...well not plenty, but one or two! ;)
  • PAV8888
    edited March 10
    Well i see that @BCLadybug888 is in there too!

And I know that @mta is posting in the hike thread of a local to me lady who is doing some awesome hikes I would love to hit myself someday. She is in my general area. You should see the pictures there.

Plus he and i had a scale spreadsheet thing going a while back... we could have used your accounting prowess! ;-)

That said I think you all should join us here !!!! :wink:
  • Bella_Figura
    Spread the love Pav…there’s enough of you to go across two groups!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,248 Member
    Just popping by to say hello.
  • Yoolypr
    Just popping by to say hello.

Welcome- pop in and share too!