Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Exercise caps being subtracted not added.

chipper15173chipper15173 Posts: 4,087Member Member Posts: 4,087Member Member
I have been all over this site to find my answer, can’t be found. My exercise calories are being subtracted not added to my daily amounts. How can this be changed. I did add a Fitbit, I have disconnected it to see that was the issue. Still was subtracting.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Posts: 6,698Member Member Posts: 6,698Member Member
    Do you have negative calorie adjustments enabled?

Can you screenshot an example.
  • vim_n_vigorvim_n_vigor Posts: 4,207Member Member Posts: 4,207Member Member
    MFP is set up to add the calories from your exercise to the total calories you are allotted for the day. With a fitbit connected, if your activity is lower for the day than what your settings expect, you will have calories removed from the allowance for the day.
  • heybalesheybales Posts: 17,126Member Member Posts: 17,126Member Member
    I have been all over this site to find my answer, can’t be found. My exercise calories are being subtracted not added to my daily amounts. How can this be changed. I did add a Fitbit, I have disconnected it to see that was the issue. Still was subtracting.

Where are you viewing what appears to be a subtraction of exercise calories?

Some places could appear to be doing that - but it's not the case.

Unless you really didn't disconnect the Fitbit and are having effect described in other posts.

You don't even have to disconnect - just change the setting in MFP for Step Source to nothing.