Intermittent fasting / chest pain / emergency room

2»

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    Was 16:8 as well as 20:4 on days too. Following 1500 cal.

Since IF is merely a way to perhaps make it easier to reduce calories and not feel like it so much - that 1500 could be reasonable, or if you burned over 2500 and only have say 10 lbs of fat left it could be very unreasonable.

How big has your deficit been?
    What kind of workouts?
    Is 1500 the MFP base for no exercise, and then you correctly eat more when you do more like exercise?

With regard to avoiding sugar - you mean like Keto level - no fruits, grains, few vegetables high in carbs?
    Or literally just like added sugars perhaps?

Do a few things wrong and you can certainly stress out your body enough and discover an underlying condition that may never have reared it's ugly head.

I can’t even remember how big my deficit is lol been so long that I’ve been trying to stay 1500 or below.

As for workouts I have a very faced paced job working at a care home, working over full time hours. Don’t get exercise in everyday but when I do it’s light and on the treadmill with no extra calories added.

By no sugar. I mean staying away from sweets, chocolate , cakes stuff like that. I try to limit my starches , and eat only protein and veg for dinner with a fat. Occasionally throw in a piece of Rye bread and a night cap. So is life.

How tall are you and what do you currently weigh?
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    idioblast wrote: »
    OP, in a recent post you stated you were trying to eat below 1200, eating OMAD, and had a recent day of under 850 cals. That's not quite eating 1500 cals a day, and you should probably tell your doctor this information.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10774607/gaining-on-imf#latest
    Yes some days I am eating Omad or 20:4 , some days it’s 1200 some days it’s 1500. I can give you my password for MFP if you are wanting to read my food Diary. The point I’m saying is chest pain while doing IMF. And I most definitely told the doctor these things.

Do not give out your mfp password, just open up your diary!

Settings> Diary Settings> Scroll all the way down to Diary Sharing and select Public

She could have meant just for the diary—you can lock your diary with a password.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Do you still have a gall bladder? Gall stones are a pretty common issue that people seem to go through when losing weight. I am dealing with it now and when I went to the ER just before Thanksgiving, the pain was so bad that I thought I might be having a heart attack at one point. Also had dizziness and shortness of breath. Pain was sudden and like a tight band in my upper rib cage/chest area.

I had an endoscopy and an ultrasound to confirm I have gallstones. I am going to see a surgeon next week, so I anticipate I will be having it taken out soon (hopefully before the end of the year).

I don’t do any kind of IF.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    If you are eating what you normally eat (just w/in a shorter time period), I doubt IF had anything to do w/it.

Blood tests and other methods of diagnosis would probably be more informative but it certainly wouldn't hurt to eat on a "normal" schedule just to rule IF as a possible factor
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 310 Member
    cbihatt wrote: »
    Do you still have a gall bladder? Gall stones are a pretty common issue that people seem to go through when losing weight. I am dealing with it now and when I went to the ER just before Thanksgiving, the pain was so bad that I thought I might be having a heart attack at one point. Also had dizziness and shortness of breath. Pain was sudden and like a tight band in my upper rib cage/chest area.

I had an endoscopy and an ultrasound to confirm I have gallstones. I am going to see a surgeon next week, so I anticipate I will be having it taken out soon (hopefully before the end of the year).

I don’t do any kind of IF.

was going to suggest the same/ 16 8 should not be a big deal nor should 20 4 for most people. if you are losing weight, its common that some people develop gall stones/sludge. also if you are eating a high fat diet, that also contributes to attacks.... and a gall bladder attack feels a lot like a heart attack and has the other dizzy, sweaty, etc symptoms. esp if you are passing a stone. if it happens again, and they say its not cardiac, i would ask about an ultrasound on your gallbladder.
  • Harebelle
    Harebelle Posts: 41 Member
    raven56706 wrote: »
    i think you might also be suffering from anxiety.

This is a dangerous and irresponsible statement to make to someone with the reported symptoms, who has yet to complete medical testing.