January 12 Sign In

13»

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member
    Pass 3... didn’t feel well. Didn’t exercise or track. Probably over cals.

Guessing I won’t be in the winners circle this month, but I’m still gonna try. I have a few special events coming up that will make it tough, but not impossible.

Great job everyone!
  • JessBelle31
    JessBelle31 Posts: 16 Member
    I worked out, but did not stay under for calories. Pass day!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 - congratulations! I noticed the same thing from eating out. It’s an eye opener. I’m glad your numbers are down. I’m working on mine.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Pass day 2 of 3
  • nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    Jan 12

Ex: 50 mins walk - another gorgeous day
    My Ex is Always > 20 mins.💯

Tracked: All, every bite. I always do.💯

Calories: under!!!!

Getting back in the saddle: 5️⃣ day streak with my calories.

MY BLOOD PRESSURE came DOWN!
    102/75 pulse 70
    Eating out is not healthy for me. I looked back to a few other times my bp was high, and because I track everything I eat, I can now see it was due to high sodium restaurant meals.
    This is hugely inspiring actually. I KNOW I need to eat healthy foods to keep my labs in their good place.

Pass Days Remaining: 1
    Pass Day used: Jan 1 (traveling home)
    Jan 7

Congrats @MadisonMolly2017. My sneakers feel a little tight when I dine out. 😊 I'm also watching my sodium like you.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
    January 12
    Exercised?: YES, 20 min brisk walk, steps 4k
    Tracked?: YES
    Calories?: YES
    Water - 60 oz: YES
    AF: YES (9/12 days)
    Passes Used: 1/3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 - congratulations! I noticed the same thing from eating out. It’s an eye opener. I’m glad your numbers are down. I’m working on mine.

@readyornot1234 Thank You!
    I knew my last habit to master was my love/addiction to eating out. Now, I know I will be successful- - -

I wish you all the best with yours!
    nodm wrote: »
    Jan 12

102/75 pulse 70
    Eating out is not healthy for me. I looked back to a few other times my bp was high, and because I track everything I eat, I can now see it was due to high sodium restaurant meals.
    This is hugely inspiring actually. I KNOW I need to eat healthy foods to keep my labs in their good place.

Jan 7

Congrats @MadisonMolly2017. My sneakers feel a little tight when I dine out. 😊 I'm also watching my sodium like you.

@nodm
    Great! It really is an atrocious situation in the US where a single serving of raw chicken cooked at home can be 500+mg of sodium (pumped with salty chicken broth) and the label still can say “natural”

Hoping the government will support more accurate labeling going forwards!

Good luck with your sodium.

The interesting thing For me is when I got my sodium down, my hunger dissipates & when it’s up, lots of “mouth hunger”...

What do you notice?

Thanks again both of you!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 and @nodm
    I really am trying to eat at home. When I eat out, I always have a cocktail before and then wine with dinner. On top of that, the sodium is so high and the food is so rich. The next morning the scale will be a few pounds higher and I feel like a slug. Although I do love to eat out.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    I really am trying to eat at home. When I eat out, I always have a cocktail before and then wine with dinner. On top of that, the sodium is so high and the food is so rich. The next morning the scale will be a few pounds higher and I feel like a slug. Although I do love to eat out.

Yes! I don’t drink alcohol, but my M O is salad/bread, entree, and dessert when I eat out. Versus a healthier, smaller meal at home.

The bp jump (still a bit up for AM readings) made me realize I can’t play around with eating out anymore.

Time to perfect some recipes at home (I tend so do quick assemble-type cooking...peanut butter toast, cut apples with cinnamon & a latte. Nonfat yogurt, unsalted nuts, berries, etc.
  • CathieMW
    CathieMW Posts: 705 Member
    January 12

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Rac1967
    Rac1967 Posts: 25 Member
    January 12

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 minutes lower body workout

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (quick 40-min gym workout)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? I'm fairly confident I did.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Was hard to do. Had finger food at a party.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 722 Member
    yes x 3
    5 mile hike w dog, this was huge for both of us

@MadisonMolly2017, same for me. I'm sensitive to sodium, and can easily put on several pounds over night from eating out. I mostly cook now, pack lunch, and bring lots of snacks like yours, apples, yogurt, and nuts.
  • nodm

@readyornot1234 Thank You!
    I knew my last habit to master was my love/addiction to eating out. Now, I know I will be successful- - -

I wish you all the best with yours!
    nodm wrote: »
    Jan 12

102/75 pulse 70

Jan 7

@nodm
    Great! It really is an atrocious situation in the US where a single serving of raw chicken cooked at home can be 500+mg of sodium (pumped with salty chicken broth) and the label still can say “natural”

Hoping the government will support more accurate labeling going forwards!

Good luck with your sodium.

The interesting thing For me is when I got my sodium down, my hunger dissipates & when it’s up, lots of “mouth hunger”...

What do you notice?

Thanks again both of you!

@MadisonMolly2017, I saw those misleading labels too! They pump those chicken meat with sodium to make them looking plump! This makes it imperative for us to read food labels carefully. Another pet peeve of mine is a label can say "zero" grams of trans fat when in actuality it can contain 0.5 grams! I have also come to realize that just because food does not taste salty does not mean that is low sodium. I have trained my taste buds over time to be salt intolerant. When I eat too much salt (which always happens with Chinese food even when I ask for low salt) I can get headaches and I retain water which can add up to a couple of pounds on the scale the next day. Therefore, I have not eaten Chinese food in a while. I've been working on keeping up with my water intake which keeps my sodium in check and it also keeps the hunger pangs down.
  • nodm
    edited January 2020

@readyornot1234
    That is so true about sodium! We have much more control over what goes into our bodies when we eat at home! But just like you, I love to eat out too! 😱
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Date: Sunday, January 12th

Exercise Tracked In MFP: Treadmill off day, but 20 minutes of activity today
    Calories and Water Tracked In MFP: Not all
    Within Daily Calorie Range of 1300 to 1440: No

Disqualified but still posting to develop my healthy habits : )
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Jan 12

Scheduled pass day

(1 pass of 3 remaining)
  • gmhester74
    gmhester74 Posts: 47 Member
    Jan 12
    Exercise - yes
    Logged - Yes
    Under - No