January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Morning all!

Work was so busy last night and the weather is hot and humid. I think the humidity has been close to 100%. Everything feels damp and sticky guh. Just driving home at 11pm I felt that sheen.

This morning I did a gentle 3.4k to bring me to 143k even. I'm tempted to do 7k tomorrow just to hit 150k for the month! May have to rethink Februarys goal already haha! See how I go tomorrow.

How is the fire situation down there? I have not heard it on the news up here in a long while.

I also haven't heard anything since last week. There was some big rain storms a week ago over there that I think helped drench a lot of the fires but There are still some fires, and it's getting dry again. One problem with Australia and Bush fires is there is always one or two in summer, it was just crazy how many there were this time, and how big they were
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    @LoveyChar I'd rather push myself and still miss a big goal than coast to meeting an easy one, absolutely!

I think I learned the most from the running months or races where I didn't do what I set out to do.

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @LoveyChar My marathon is March 27.

@katharmonic I can’t imagine doing 30 min/300 burpees. That makes me tired just thinking about it!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    kimlight2 wrote: »
    @Traboman I didn't realize any else from NW Ohio is on here. Awesome, someone else feels my pain over our crazy weather.

I was going to mention to you the Believe in Dreams 5k at the Zoo, but you already have a race on your schedule for that day.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    was going to try a few miles this morning. dogs woke me up early so that would have been good.
    icy, black ice. no running
    and poo in the living room, harry potter slippers had the toes eaten out of them, and one dog walked over to me and barfed at my feet. so my extra time was taken up with dealing with dog issues. still might be able to get some in tonight. if the weather warms up. can't run at the track. closed for speed skating trails

Dog, husband, baby, and me sleeping in bed and dog barfed all over the bed and part of floor last week. Shampooed carpet and washed bed sheets and cleaned all wood on bed. Frustrating and time consuming, but we pushed her off into my daughter's bed every night now where she's equally as happy (dog is needy and must be pressed up against a human to sleep or she'll cry) for leg room. She's like a big, old baby to take care of. She's been with us since she was a puppy, almost 8 years old now. But she will probably be my last dog.