2 - 1 Belgian beer – on holiday in Belgium
    3 - 2 Belgian beers – on holiday in Belgium
    4 - 3 Belgian beers – on holiday in Belgium/overnight ferry home
    5 - AF
    6 - AF
    7 - AF
    8 - AF
    9 - AF
    10 - 1 glass wine – at OH’s parents’ house (sensibly sized glass – splitting a bottle between 4 of us)
    11 - 1 glass wine – at OH’s parents’ house (ditto)
    12 - AF
    13 - AF
    14 - AF (although I did put some wine in the risotto I cooked)
    15 - AF
    16 - AF
    17 - AF
    18 - AF
    19 - AF
    20 - AF

(14/20)
  • bourbon_n_barbells
    bourbon_n_barbells Posts: 425 Member
    1 - 1 Belgian beer – on holiday in Belgium
    5 - AF
    6 - AF
    7 - AF
    8 - AF
    9 - AF
    10 - 1 glass wine – at OH’s parents’ house (sensibly sized glass – splitting a bottle between 4 of us)
    12 - AF
    13 - AF
    15 - AF
    16 - AF
    17 - AF
    18 - AF
    19 - AF
    20 - AF

(14/20)

Belgian beers are my favorites! I could not do this/would not do this if I was on holiday in Belgium! Hope you had a great time!
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    1 - 1 Belgian beer – on holiday in Belgium
    5 - AF
    6 - AF
    7 - AF
    8 - AF
    9 - AF
    12 - AF
    13 - AF
    15 - AF
    16 - AF
    17 - AF
    18 - AF
    19 - AF
    20 - AF

(14/20)

Belgian beers are my favorites! I could not do this/would not do this if I was on holiday in Belgium! Hope you had a great time!

We brought some home and I'm amazed by my willpower. They are just sitting in the kitchen unopened.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,516 Member
    AF all month so far. I'm at the gym now and am thinking about how much I really want a drink tonight. I wasn't drinking every day before, but some days this is hard (good things often are though, right?) Ugh.

It's really great you go to the gym. It builds resiliency and mental strength and I firmly believe it helps one's self-control with everything, in general. I know for me, that running or hiking outside for much of the day would make me crave alcohol at end of day - maybe to cool down, maybe I needed water instead, maybe I needed to eat more instead, or to ease the tiredness, or maybe because I felt I deserved a "reward". Still trying to figure this one out. But the gym - I would do in the early morning, and it would definitely give me a major "motivation boost" to do good things for myself the rest of the day. I need to re-start the gym......
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @globalhiker you hit on exactly how I feel so often and where every now and then my mind will begin to drift while I run. I run long distances, 25 miles in two days this past weekend and I'm running 20 miles on Sunday alone and I come back with a huge calorie deficit where I could shove a bunch of alcohol in there. Then I remind myself how hard it is to just stop at 1 and that my next day run will suffer. I'll "reward" myself after I run this marathon.

Your outings sound so fun. The challenge sounds like a great idea!

@wine_n_weights I'll get a craving like that too, just right out of the blue like "where did you come from?" That ugly little devil...
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    15AF days and going strong! Met friends over the weekend at their ranch. Usually this would mean drinks around the campfire at night, but they are also cutting back so no one brought any at all. And guess what? Still had a great time, and nothing seemed missing.
    proof that if you can find supportive company to hang with on days of highest temptation, it will help!

I am so thrilled to hear ypu had a successful and supportive meet up with friends. Congrats
  • MissMay
    @brittgreenlikethecolor88 how was that AF day yesterday?? Yup we are keeping track with you. 😊
  • MissMay
    Welcome @erinmpayne. Glad ypu were able to catch the first page intro. Speak up anytime. Lots of support in our group.
  • MissMay
    AF all month so far. I'm at the gym now and am thinking about how much I really want a drink tonight. I wasn't drinking every day before, but some days this is hard (good things often are though, right?) Ugh.

Sorry to hear you were having a struggle while working out yesterday. That is suppose to be our happy place and time away from all things that make us stressed. Yes good things are tough but oh so worth the effort.☺
  • MissMay
  • bourbon_n_barbells
    bourbon_n_barbells Posts: 425 Member

I know that feeling 100%. Way to stay the course. 10 more days. (well 9 for you. I started Jan 2!) Keep fighting the good fight.