Monthly post January 2020

124»

Replies

• orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Congrats to everyone...Meghan, A_Dabauer sounds like y'all are getting it done right.

Sorry for the short fly-by...the chaos factor just jumped up in our lives. I'm sure I'll be ready to talk about it more, lol...in due time.

For now I'm just trying to keep my eating window down and usually with 1 meal a day. I've done 3 longer fasts over the past few weeks, but there is no consistency at the moment.

Have a good week everyone.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Good morning all!

Shout out here from Atlanta, GA. I was on a flight that was supposed to depart from New York at 7:00am yesterday but it kept getting pushed back and pushed back due to a mechanical issue. Managed to get on a 12:40pm, but that was a long seven hours sitting at the airport. Sigh... Got in to ATL around 3pm or so. Went right to work setting up for the meeting and then cocktails and dinner were at 6:00pm.

Unfortunately I didn't each much yesterday because I was on the road for most of it, but dinner was yummy and keto friendly. Same planned for rest of the day. Already had some scrambled eggs and bacon this morning. Will go back to intermittent fasting when I am home. Feeling like I need some food for fuel in the AM. Also, none of our AM breaks are keto friendly. LOL Lunch and dinner are though. :)

Wow, that is a lot of stuff, @mamainthekitchen I have been there. We cleaned out my childhood home a while back and we had an estate sale and donated a lot. Lots of work but nice to pair down too.

Tonight is a team building event off site from the hotel. Then tomorrow a half a day meeting in the AM, with lunch following and then back on a plane to return.

See you guys soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Ohhh Meghan, what a long travel day for you yikes!! Hope you get good sleeps in the hotel! Sounds like you’re staying on top of your keto game.

I’ve been terrible lately. I really need a good week off of ‘big’ food!!! Today I’m going to just have broth.... see if that helps.

Kate I hope you’re feeling better by now and have gotten over your cold! So you’re doing the true 5:2! I really find I like that too. I just works and is manageable.

Orlcam hope life settles for you.... as long as you’re not in a vat of Mac & cheese!!

A_Dabauer hope all is well in your neck of the woods and to all else reading today, (that includes YOU @flossyruby1) have a great day!!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,515 Member
    Hey all! I have been having a crazy week. O decided that the word of the week is "ridiculous". Random, weird things have happened. It is all quite ridiculous! LOL I hope everyone is doing well. No fasting for me so far this week. I keep forgetting in all the rush. Today, out of the eight adults in the two classrooms I work out of, four were gone. It was... busy. I got all my steps in and then some! LOL Off to eat dinner and go to bed.
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

Had a good day yesterday and a fun night at an offsite dinner event. I was wearing jeans and a sweater last night with tall boots and a few of my coworkers said they noticed my weight loss. <3

Had some eggs again for breakfast this morning. Feels strange eating breakfast and so early... Blech. I am just not one who likes to eat before midday or lunch time. But I find that I have to eat when there is keto friendly food. Since I have gone zero sugar and low carb I find that approximately 50% of the food we have at these types of meetings I don't eat. So got to eat when I can so I get enough calories and protein for the day. Usually people come home from these types of meetings with a nice weight gain, since there is food literally 24/7 but I don't think that will be an issue for me this year!

Today's meetings are going well. Nice hotel and nice people around here, but I look forward to traveling back home tonight!

Hope you guys have a great day. I will see you all soon!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all.

Back home now and done with business travel for the foreseeable future. Yea!

Things are busy but good here. Hope everybody has a good day.

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,515 Member
    Hey all! Quick drive by to say hello! Looks like this is a busy time for a lot of people! Glad you made it back safe and sound, Meghan! Have a great day and a lovely weekend!
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Yesterday was my first attempt at water fasting since last summer, been doing intermittent fasting working down to OMAD. I ended up eating macadamia nuts at midnight... I technically lasted over 24 hours, but I wish I had just gone to sleep and got another 8 hours of fasting!
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Things have been going well here :)

I completed my second 95 hour fast last weekend. I've been struggling on my last fast day making it until dinner, so adjusting things a bit and I'm going to break my fast at lunch instead.

I'm knee deep in my current fast as well. So hoping my adjustments to my feasting/fasting times make this one a bit easier.

Scale wise I'm starting to see a real defined pattern with my 4 days fasted 3 days fed. I lose 3-4 lbs on my fasting days, then maintain (within a pound) on my eating days. The only real exception is the day I went out for a sushi date with a friend, and that translated into several pounds of temporary weight, as one might expect eating all those carbs when I'm typically low carb. It was just water weight so came off as quickly as it came.

As of today, I've lost 33lbs in the last 2.5 months, but only started fasting a bit over a month ago.

Glad to see everyone else is doing well.
    @Meghan509 congrats on the fantastic losses! Your schedule wears me out just reading about it. Lol

Much love to you all!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

I am down .6 lbs this week, for my weekly weigh in! All in all I can't complain. As you know my schedule was crazy this week with business travel and limited food choices but I hung in there. :)

Thanks! I am looking forward to a low key weekend. We are having dinner with friends on Saturday night otherwise no plans. Sunday is the Super Bowl and my team isn't in it so not a big deal for me. :p If I had to pick a team to win, I say Go 49ers because I love their quarterback, Jimmy G. :) I am planning to make chicken wings in the Air Fryer on Sunday night for us! Will let you know how they turn out.

Tomorrow is February 1 and that means a new monthly thread for us! Please feel free to start it up, as I tend to be more lax about checking in on the weekends.

Have a great day and see you soon!