Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    Recap W 9/2
    1) Walked dog 3.93 miles before work YAY :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 14/14 boom!
    3) Net cals green / 14c water :/ -394 :) 13c
    4) Very little left for GA-IT so make good progress / print grid, rate sheet & request docs / save G drive records to flash / sanitize wipe conf room end of work day / box & misc back to my desk :) 5/5
    5) Call mom & dad <3 / one evening chore :) not much but something
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set 6:15 alarm (walk dog before work from home) :neutral: 2/4

JFT R 9/3
    1) Walked dog 4.12 miles few sprinkles but no rain :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (2nd floor to basement)
    3) Net cals green / 14c water
    4) Save flash drive to desktop / complete GA-IT APG / email daily update (need to remember this on work from home days - out of habit since vacation week)
    5) RSVP to uncle re anniversary party (unfortunately sending our regrets) / find bday card for aunt / meal plan & grocery list / one evening chore
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set 6:15 alarm (walk dog before work from home)

I can't seem to stop evening snacking. Probably b/c I'm eating up leftovers. Really need to meal plan & follow through. Hoping that will help.

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K w/ dog 8/29/20 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old
    My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206
    SW Year 2020: 182.6
    1st GW: 185.4 :) Met this goal
    2nd GW: 175 - and learn to maintain
    Ultimate goal: 165-170, and maintain

Goals for 2020:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2020:
    1. Lose 15 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 165, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day

Jan 3: 185.4
    Feb 1: 178
    March: 183.6
    April: 181.0
    May: 179
    June: 182
    July: 177
    August: 185
    Sept: 187
    September 1, 2020
    Weight today was 187.6! OK ... self... get back on track! I need to lose those 10 pounds fast!! I was doing so good during this pandemic until the last month, and its maddening how quickly the weight can crept up!
    9/3: 184.4

Personal challenge for myself. LOG at least ONE meal each day.
    Completed: 2/30

1. log ALL food :)
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. mindful eating :)
    4. remember how I lost the weight... when hungry, grab a hard boiled egg, protein shake, or fruit. Nothing else! drink water :)
    5. laundry :)
    6. start chemo hats :/
    7. clean house :/
    8. pc boards . help hubby :/ -- we had gutter guards put up, so while we got a lot of "chores" done ... no work work. But ... while the guys were up on the roof, we gave them some extra cash to hang some bird feeders for me! I am so excited! Whereever I hang birdfeeders .. either the deer get into it or the squirrels. Hopefully this are now in a spot that the squirrels can't reach them! Love watching the birds!
    9. work in flower yard if not too wet :/
    10. go for 6 mile walk :)

JFT, THurs, 9/3

1. log all food - personal challenge
    2. concentrate on water
    3. work on pc boards .. help hubby
    4. work in flower beds if not too wet
    5. finish quilt
    6. start chemo hats
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Happy Thursday! Apparently I have more issues building and sticking to a routine when I'm NOT working than when I am working! LOL I cannot seem to get into a rhythm, and I was furloughed on June 24th! That's what happens when you've worked 40-60 hours a week for 43 years....you don't know who you are and it's rather confusing! ;)

I did really well with my goals yesterday. I met all of them except for actually having them listed in here. I joined the No BS Community (formerly called Phit & Phat) and have been listening to the courses and doing the worksheets and challenges, and it has really helped to motivate me.

Yesterday's challenge was to document each time I had an urge to eat something off plan. I had to write what I was thinking, what my body was feeling and what my choice was...did I eat it or walk away? It really made me stop and think. I also paid attention to my hunger signals....was I hungry or was I eating just because I always eat at that time? Did I need to eat everything or was I full? Things like that--stuff I really don't give a lot of thought to. Yesterday, I actually drank 99 oz water, measured out 1cup of ice cream, walked away from unplanned grabs/snacks, and I closed the kitchen at 7:30 p.m. Today, I woke up 1.8 lbs lighter on the scale! Yay! :mrgreen:

I haven't seen today's challenge yet but I'm excited to see what it is!

Just for Today: Thursday
    • #NoBS 24H Assessment and Plan / Readings: SA, NDNM / Daily Dialog / Take a.m. meds
    • Prelog food. Stick to plan. Close kitchen at 7:30 pm
    • 90 oz H2O
    • #NoBS Facebook live for Day 4 of 21-day challenge
    • Trim dog's nails. Brush and groom.
    • Activity. Even 15 minutes. Find something with little to no knee impact.
    • Finish sewing tote bag
    • Evening Routine: Pack tomorrow's Bkfst, L & S tonight and prelog in MFP Food diary / Close kitchen at 7:30 pm / Skin care / Assess #NoBS 24H for today / Readings from SA and DO / Gratitude Journal / Read for an hour and then lights out.
    • Get up at 0700 to establish morning routine.

Ongoing Task List:
    1. Letter to rental company - deliver to drop box on Monday.
    2. Call D. Health and have them call insurance.
    3. Sept budget
    4. Take pics of H's art
    5. Upload pics of H's art with description
    6. Open H's Etsy shop
    7. Research Blogging
    8. Research Etsy shop for tso
    9. Paint wall by fridge in LL
    10. Ask DH to move deer mounts to different part of basement
    11. Paint bar in LL
    12. watch for sales for flooring in LL
    13. Read first chapter of "Finding your North Star".

2020 WOTY: PERSISTENCE

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

Today I will:
    - up at 9 ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
    - Walmart ๐Ÿ˜
    - dishwasher๐Ÿ˜
    - post๐Ÿ˜
    - take pill๐Ÿ˜
    - liquor store๐Ÿ˜
    - paystub๐Ÿ˜
    - write climax scene ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
    - video chat with T๐Ÿ˜ฅ

So apparently I got my information wrong. My company is still waiting to hear from the school district about a job placement. I was supposed to go to an all day training today but I couldn't because the district is going crazy and dropped the ball. So now I don't know any of the protocols for starting the new year, only that a mask is required. I'm waiting for a phone call from my liaison with the district to find out what's up. Hopefully I get to start on Tuesday but at this rate I'm not sure.

I've been battling a headache all day too. It's just been an annoying day.

Today I will:
    - post ๐Ÿ˜
    - update checkbook
    - pay bills
    - peddle
    - write climax!

That's it for today.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Hitting a wall. COvid and weather really put a wrench in my race season and now starting to just feel burnt out a little. My eating habits have not been as good and Iโ€™ve been slack about writing goals. Yesterday I wrote goals but donโ€™t think I posted them. Ended up not working out and missing my caloric mark AND having couple beers. Iโ€™m blaming sleep deprivation and stress. We are struggling here because our 13 year old toy fox terrier seems to be quickly declining. So much so that we are starting to worry if we should have her put down. Right now she seems happy but other times not so much. Vet says she has doggy dementia, liver disease and oh BTW sheโ€™s pretty much def and now also has to wear a little doggy diaper cuz she drinks, paces and pees when sheโ€™s not sleeping.
    My daughter is not gonna do well with this...

Sorry for unloading.

I was MIA for a bit so wasn't sure if you were still posting and I didn't see it or if you had stopped. Either way, I'm happy to see you write. You have been a huge inspiration to me in your journey, so I hope you don't give up. You really kicked some *kitten* this year! Give yourself a break....we all have *kitten* things happen in our lives, and watching your fur baby decline is heartbreaking!!! ๐Ÿฅบ My husband is still heartbroken over our black lab, Jack, who passed about 2 years ago. They're family. Take care of yourself and I'm glad to see you here.

@PackerFanInGB - I have a friend of a friend that has started recording audio books from home. You just need a very quiet room and from my understanding the companies help set up the equipment. It might be something to look into. I have no idea how to go about it. UPS here in Canada has all of their office staff working from home now and a lot of telecommunication companies do as well.
    I understand the ideas that swirl around your head when you're at home and there is a lot you want to do, but you're frustrated because you don't have the money to do the projects.

Recording audio books would be an awesome job! I wonder how you even get into something like that. I doubt that I'd even get hired. I don't exactly have a melodic voice... ๐Ÿ˜ I'm kind of watching for jobs I can do from home, but so far I've seen nothing that I have any experience in.
  • PackerFanInGB
    @mytime6630 - Your challenge is how I got back into the habits a couple of months ago. I swore I would log all food and would post goals each day. It's helped me get back to some semblance of control. Now if I could just avoid those $*% chips!

I recorded the 25th Anniversary Riverdance show on PBS on the weekend. Last night for my 15 minutes of exercise, I "danced" along with them. I am not a dancer! I probably looked like a 3 year old girl that is pretending to be a ballet dancer, but I moved and had fun and no one saw me so that is the important part.

That IS the important part! I have the rhythm and grace a baboon, but when I go in the basement and play Body Groove videos on You Tube and dance along with them, I have so much stinkin' fun!!! I think I'd die if anyone ever saw me! hahaha! Oh, and chips are my downfall too! If I let myself have even one, I will sit down with the whole bag and that would be my dinner every single night. Just thinking about it has my mouth watering! :heart:

JFT W 9/2
    1) Walked dog 3.93 miles before work YAY :smiley: happy dog & happy me

YAY I woke up just before alarm & GOT OUT OF BED before sunrise. Me so not a morning person. But dog was very happy to go walking with me.

Wednesdays are my assigned day to work in the conference room. With the oldest, slowest PC on earth. With IE for the only browser. I will need patience today. :p

I woke up around the same time today, but my dog is NOT a happy dog since I thought about getting up for a walk for about 15 seconds before I rolled over and went back to sleep! I really admire how you make yourself do it! I know I'd love early morning walks if I could only get myself to do it. :mrgreen:

@HEGoddard0928 I hope everything gets straightened out for you with getting back to work! It sounds like your book is coming along really well! I'm excited for you!

@mytime6630 Yay for the bird feeders! I love watching them also, but those dang squirrels do tend to hog the food! My DH now buys 2 different mixes...one for birds in the bird feeder, one he sprinkles on the ground for the squirrels. It seems to help keep the squirrels from climbing onto the feeder! I will miss them when they leave and go south for the winter, but we have cardinals that stay all year round and they're just stunning against the white snowy background.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member

JFT Thursday 3rd September

Log everything I did, until the cake before bed
    Stay in the green I was, until that cake, what was I thinking?! Don't buy it, then I can't eat it!
    Back exercises no
    Foot exercises no
    5 fruit and veg 6
    Walk if back improves during day didn't improve, did 20 minutes in the evening
    Admin some
    Buy petrol yes

JFT Friday 4th September

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    5 fruit and veg
    Walk
    Make some phone calls for parents
    Load car
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    ๐ŸŒพ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒต๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒด๐ŸŒต๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒพ
    ๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽก๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’– SEPTEMBER๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽกโ›ฑ
    ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    Still catching up on the first series of FORT SALEM
    Still sticking with my goals. Consolidating my new normal.
    Nothing strange or startling to relate.
    Just taking it day by day, step by step.

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together
    (Vincent Van Gogh)

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to โ€˜talkโ€™ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! ๐Ÿ˜‚
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! ๐Ÿ˜‚)
      Jun: +0.2

September Daily Goals: Week 1
      Tues: โœ… Wed: โœ… Thu: โœ… Fri:
      Sat: Sun: Mon:
      Weight < 155: 4/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      1 Aug 2020: 149.9

01 Sept 2020: 149.4
      Reduce Fat%:โœ… 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
      Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1 30.5
      It's so encouraging to see even these small improvements that my efforts are producing.
      Calories < in the green ๐Ÿฆ„ 3/7
      Steps > 7500 ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ 3/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily๐Ÿฆ„ 3/7
      Active hours > 6 daily๐Ÿฆ„ 3/7
      Positive intentions for Today
      ๐ŸŒŸMeditation 3/7 Exercise 3/7
      ๐ŸŒŸGardening: 1/7 ๐ŸŒŸDeclutter๐Ÿฆ„2//7
      ๐ŸŒŸLaundry 2/7 ๐ŸŒŸCircuits 2/7
      ๐Ÿ˜œHousework 3/7 ๐ŸŒŸShopping 1/7
      ๐ŸŒŸWrite 3 pages or 15 minutes a day ๐Ÿฆ„0/7
      ๐ŸŒŸUpdate Journal๐Ÿฆ„2/7
      ๐ŸŒŸCatalogue poetry๐Ÿ—ƒ(Ongoing)0/7
      ๐ŸŒŸCrochet๐Ÿฆ„ 1/7 ๐ŸŒŸPuzzles ๐Ÿฆ„3/7
      ๐ŸŒŸWatch TV๐Ÿฆ„ 3/7 ๐ŸŒŸRead 3/7
      ๐ŸŒŸPlan shopping (1/7)

• SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      Morning!

Iโ€™ve been MIA this week, but all is well. Iโ€™ll have to catch up on the last few days of posts. Hope everyone is having a great week!

JFT FRIDAY:
      - play date for e&r / hang out for a
      - Eat sensibly
      - Clean bathroom
      - Mow lawn
      - Indoor /outdoor chores
      - Practice music for mass & wedding
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
      JFT - Thursday September 3
      1L of Water - :)
      Log all Food - :)
      No Chips - >:)
      15 Minutes of Activity - :)
      Gratitude Journal - :)

JFT - Friday September 4
      1L of Water
      Log all Food
      No Chips
      15 Minutes of Activity
      Gratitude Journal

@cschmitz110515 - I think sending regrets to parties is a good idea right now. It's hard to do though.

@PackerFanInGB - That sounds like a cool challenge, having to write down why you're eating something would be a big deterrent I would think.
      I don't know how you you would get into a job like that, but it would be interesting I bet.

More I wanted to comment on but I'll have to catch up later, I have a busy work day today
    • cschmitz110515
      @cschmitz110515 - I think sending regrets to parties is a good idea right now. It's hard to do though.

It was very hard to send regrets, that's why I was delaying. They've been planning this celebration for over a year, because it's their 50th wedding anniversary. I love this uncle, one of my dad's younger brothers. It's one of the earliest weddings I remember ever attending. But hubby and I talked it over, and I know it's the right thing to do. Even my parents sent their regrets. How sad!
    • cschmitz110515
      Recap R 9/3
      1) Walked dog 4.12 miles few sprinkles but no rain :smiley: happy dog & happy me
      2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (2nd floor to basement) :smiley: 13/14
      3) Net cals green / 14c water :) green 18 & 12c
      4) Save flash drive to desktop / complete GA-IT APG / email daily update (need to remember this on work from home days - out of habit since vacation week) :) 2/3
      5) RSVP to uncle re anniversary party (unfortunately sending our regrets) / find bday card for aunt / meal plan & grocery list / one evening chore :) 4/4 even washed dishes
      6) Unplug 9:00 / floss :s / retainers / set 6:15 alarm (walk dog before work from home) :) 3/4

JFT F 9/4
      1) Walked dog 4.18 miles weather really cooled down but sunny B) happy dog & happy me
      2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (2nd floor to basement)
      3) Net cals green / 14c water
      4) Save flash drive to desktop & external hard drive / complete GA-IT file clean up / email daily update / submit PRO & PAR sheets / update project status s/s (keeping mgmt in the loop at this employer is a complete joke ~ I don't think anyone actually reads my comments, just looks at the final numbers)
      5) Prep bday card for aunt / grocery shop / update budget s/s / schedule online payments due / maybe one other chore
      6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / set 7:00 alarm (farmers market)

2020 Goals:
      1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
      2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
      3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
      4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
      5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
      6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K w/ dog 8/29/20 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
      Word for 2020: Persist
    • PackerFanInGB
      Just for Today: Thursday
      • #NoBS 24H Assessment and Plan / Readings: SA and NDNM / Daily Dialog / Take a.m. meds ๐Ÿ’ฏ
      • Prelog food. Stick to plan. Close kitchen at 7:30 pm ๐Ÿ’ฏ
      • 90 oz H2O ๐Ÿ’ฏ
      • #NoBS Facebook live for Day 4 of 21-day challenge ๐Ÿ’ฏ
      • Trim dog's nails. Brush and groom. โŒ
      • Activity. Even 15 minutes. Find something with little to no knee impact. ๐Ÿ’ฏ
      • Finish sewing tote bag โŒ
      • Evening Routine: Pack tomorrow's Bkfst, L & S tonight and prelog in MFP Food diary โŒ/ Close kitchen at 7:30 pm ๐Ÿ’ฏ/ Skin care ๐Ÿ’ฏ/ Assess #NoBS 24H for today ๐Ÿ’ฏ/ Readings from SA and DO ๐Ÿ’ฏ/ Gratitude Journal ๐Ÿ’ฏ/ Read for an hour and then lights out โŒ
      • Get up at 0700 to establish morning routine. โŒ

Not great but better than I've been doing, so I'll take it! Getting on here rather late today, but I've been up taking care of business since early this morning. Hope everyone is having a fantastic Friday on a long holiday weekend!

Just for Today: Friday
      • #NoBS 24H Assessment and Plan / Readings: SA, NDNM / Daily Dialog / Take a.m. meds
      • Prelog food. Stick to plan. Close kitchen at 7:30 pm
      • 75 oz H2O
      • #NoBS Facebook live for Day 5 of 21-day challenge / Journal Urges: Feel+Think=Do (Choice)
      • Activity. Even 15 minutes. Find something with little to no knee impact.
      • Sewing project
      • Evening Routine: Pack tomorrow's Bkfst, L & S tonight and pre-log in MFP Food diary / Close kitchen at 7:30 pm / Skin care / Assess #NoBS 24H for today / Readings from SA and DO / Gratitude Journal / Read for an hour and then lights out.
      • Get up at 0700 to establish morning routine.

Ongoing Task List:
      1. Letter to rental company - deliver to drop box on Monday.
      2. Call D. Health and have them call insurance.
      3. Sept budget
      4. Take pics of H's art
      5. Upload pics of H's art with description
      6. Open H's Etsy shop
      7. Research Blogging
      8. Research Etsy shop for tso
      9. Paint wall by fridge in LL
      10. Ask DH to move deer mounts to different part of basement
      11. Paint bar in LL
      12. watch for sales for flooring in LL
      13. Read first chapter of "Finding your North Star".

2020 WOTY: PERSISTENCE

80yedkowbd3p.png

• littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member

JFT Friday 4th September

Log everything yes
      Stay in the green yes
      Back exercises stretches
      Foot exercises yes
      5 fruit and veg 6
      Walk 36 minutes
      Make some phone calls for parents yes
      Load car yes

Hope you all have a good weekend :)

• PackerFanInGB

@PackerFanInGB - That sounds like a cool challenge, having to write down why you're eating something would be a big deterrent I would think.
      I don't know how you you would get into a job like that, but it would be interesting I bet.

It did keep me from giving in to my urges for the most part! I did still overeat, but I didn't eat anything that wasn't on my 24H plan. I made homemade chicken pot pie last night and it was so good! I had one piece but it was really filling and I sure didn't need to eat the entire piece. LOL At least I stayed out of the peanuts and salty stuff though.

Yesterday was an emotional day. Three pieces of big news. One cool, one bad & one sad.

Sad: My good friend Michelle lost her battle with cancer yesterday. She was a Christian woman, so I know she is in a great place and pain free, but I will miss her. She leave behind two young girls ages 13 & 15. My heart breaks for them. Her funeral is Sunday, they are having visitation, but I'm not sure what that will be like with Covid. Cancer sucks!

I'm excited for your niece going to Canada for hockey! What an awesome opportunity! Yay! My boys used to play hockey when they were young and I absolutely LOVED being a hockey mom....good memories. :) ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅ…

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend though. Cancer is a very scary thing, and to leave behind two daughters is just so sad. Cancer does suck. I agree. I am Christian, and I will pray for her daughters and loved ones to find peace. ๐Ÿ’ž
    • TerriRichardson112
      TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
      ๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽก๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’– SEPTEMBER๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽกโ›ฑ
      ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
      Still catching up on the first series of FORT SALEM
      Still sticking with my goals. Consolidating my new normal.
      Nothing strange or startling to relate.
      Just taking it day by day, step by step.

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together
      (Vincent Van Gogh)

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
        [*] structuring my day
        [*] morning and evening meditation
        [*] Using the internet to โ€˜talkโ€™ to family
        [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
        [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
        [*] yoga/Taichi
        [*] Walks with DH
        [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! ๐Ÿ˜‚
        [*] Decluttering
        [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
        Keep your chin up!
        Turning up is the ultimate success!
        2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
        01 Aug 2019: 170.1
        31 Dec 2019: 151.2
        Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
        2020 Personal Weight Challenge
        Name: Terri
        SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
        GW: 150

Jan: - 2
        Feb: - 1.3
        Mar: - 0.9
        Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
        May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! ๐Ÿ˜‚)
        Jun: +0.2

September Daily Goals: Week 1
        Tues: โœ… Wed: โœ… Thu: โœ… Fri: โœ…
        Sat: Sun: Mon:
        Weight < 155: 4/7
        1 Aug 2019: 170.1
        1 Aug 2020: 149.9

01 Sept 2020: 149.4
        Reduce Fat%:โœ… 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
        Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1 30.5
        It's so encouraging to see even these small improvements that my efforts are producing.
        Calories < in the green ๐Ÿฆ„ 4/7
        Steps > 7500 ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ 3/7
        Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily๐Ÿฆ„ 4/7
        Active hours > 6 daily๐Ÿฆ„ 4/7
        Positive intentions for Today
        ๐ŸŒŸMeditation 3/7 Exercise 4/7
        ๐ŸŒŸGardening: 1/7 ๐ŸŒŸDeclutter๐Ÿฆ„3//7
        ๐ŸŒŸLaundry 3/7 ๐ŸŒŸCircuits 4/7
        ๐Ÿ˜œHousework 4/7 ๐ŸŒŸShopping 1/7
        ๐ŸŒŸWrite 3 pages or 15 minutes a day ๐Ÿฆ„2/7
        ๐ŸŒŸUpdate Journal๐Ÿฆ„2/7
        ๐ŸŒŸCatalogue poetry๐Ÿ—ƒ(Ongoing)0/7
        ๐ŸŒŸCrochet๐Ÿฆ„ 2/7 ๐ŸŒŸPuzzles ๐Ÿฆ„4/7
        ๐ŸŒŸWatch TV๐Ÿฆ„ 4/7 ๐ŸŒŸRead 4/7
        ๐ŸŒŸPlan shopping (1/7)
      • Snowflake1968
        Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
        JFT - Friday September 4
        1L of Water - ๐Ÿ™‚
        Log all Food - ๐Ÿ™‚
        No Chips - ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
        15 Minutes of Activity - ๐Ÿ™‚
        Gratitude Journal - ๐Ÿ™‚

JFT - Saturday September 5
        1L of Water
        15 Minutes of Activity

Updating tonight as I doubt Iโ€™ll have time in the morning. Iโ€™m changing the goals for tomorrow as I know I wonโ€™t log, I will eat chips and I wonโ€™t have my journal with me. I am going for a sleepover at Kaitlynโ€™s tomorrow night. Lauryn and her friend Brittney are setting the camper up in the driveway and their daughters Charlotte and Michaela (both 4) are joining us for girls night. It will be fun.

@pridesabtch - where in Canada will your niece be?
        So sorry you lost your friend so hard on those young girls.

I am taking our car in on Sunday to get a quote on what it will cost to fix something in the front end. We need something new, but I canโ€™t figure out a way to make it happen.
        The last few years have really wrecked the credit rating. I wish money wasnโ€™t such a necessary evil.

Well enough belly aching for tonight, Iโ€™ll see you all Sunday at some point.

• Faebert
        Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
        Hi all. Sorry I was quiet the last couple of days. We have been so hectic at work getting everything ready for children to return to school and trying to familiarise ourselves with government guidance that seems to change almost hourly!! Our school reopens to the children on Monday.

Anyway, all is well and my two girls have been back at their school since Tuesday and have been great. My oldest is now at senior school so she feels grown-up and I feel old! Iโ€™m just thrilled that they have gone back with confidence and positivity and Iโ€™m super proud.

Otherwise plugging away with my fitness priorities (running and strength training) though I need to find time to get some yoga in the mix too. And working on a house refurb plan which hopefully I can start soon. Busy!

@Snowflake1968 have a wonderful sleepover!! That sounds like so much fun.

@TerriRichardson112 and @PackerFanInGB - great work keeping you goals!

@pridesabtch - Iโ€™m so so sorry for the loss of your friend. Devastating at any age but as a young mother to teen girls - it is desperately sad. I have you and them in my thoughts... hugs x

Wish you all a healthy and peaceful weekend x

Saturday goals
        morning long run โœ… 8 miles
        Tan โœ…
        Health food store โœ…
        Cleaning
        Laundry
        Follow up on quotes
        Make sensible dinner choices
        Bed by 12
      • HEGoddard0928
        HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
        Didn't post yesterday. To be honest, I don't even really remember what I did other than watch the Mets game at night. Lol. And battle a headache that I've had for like a week.

Today has been better though! I did the laundry and finally finally wrote that scene I've been putting off. For some reason I find it really easy to write when I'm sitting in the laundromat parking lot waiting for my clothes to wash/dry. But I did it! Now I have just 2 more scenes and then the book is done! Well the first draft anyway. Lol. Gonna need a hell of a lot of revisions. I'm planning on having it finished by tomorrow!

Okay, onto some goals!
        Today I will:
        - post on JFT ๐Ÿ˜
        - laundry ๐Ÿ˜
        - mail bill
        - write scene ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
        - cook dinner
        - quality time with Matt! Be present!