Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Good day.

For Thursday. Will rarely feel like getting it done, do it anyway

1900 calories - 1856
    Work out 70 minutes - 78 minutes including a 2.14 mile walk.
    Support my bride - was patient and didn’t nit pick
    Focus on health and flexibility for retirement
    Walk after dinner - made the attempt but the rain kept us in.

For Friday: I don’t get what I deserve, I get what I accept.

1900 calories
    Work out 70 minutes
    Support my bride
    Walk after dinner
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »

1. Smoothie for breakfast ✔
    2. Take meds/vitamins ✔
    3. Self care day am and pm routine ✔
    4. Take a walk ✔
    5. Make pizza for lunch/salmon burgers for dinner ✔
    6. drink Atleast 1 water bottle 👎 1/2
    7. Log food! ✔ just under maintenance. I did want a snack before bed so I reached for a fruit cup instead of cheezits.
    8. Be kind (to yourself especially) ✔

1. Smoothie for breakfast
    2. Take meds/vitamins
    3. Self care day am and pm routine
    4. Take a walk
    5. Make BLTs for lunch/chicken thighs for dinner
    6. drink Atleast 1 water bottle
    7. Log food!
    8. Be kind (to yourself especially)
    9. Weight in first thing tomorrow morning!
    10. Consider short term, mid range, and long term goals. Write it down.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Wow! I was 65 posts behind! My heart goes out for everyone who's been struggling. This is such a hard time right now. My main problem is that I'm not working at all. I'm waiting on a call from my liaison at my job but it depends on what the school district says. There's another district close by that's paying $200 a day for subs. The problem is that it's a really bad section of town. Very poor with a lot of gang violence. Plus they only have positions for middle and elementary schools which I don't do. So there's really nothing for me to do but wait. I'm going stir crazy at home. I haven't worked since the middle of February due to the surgery. It's almost 7 months now.

I'm also still dealing with the headaches and now stomach aches have been added in. I think I do needed to go to the doctor. I just hate going for myself. It's always Matt that I go for which I don't mind. But I have a feeling I'm going to have to go to a neurologist and there aren't many in my area that take my insurance.

Okay, only some goals!

Today I will:

- post 😁
    - go food shopping(NO CHOCOLATE)
    - dishwasher
    - edit 3 chapters
    - peddle for 30 minutes
    - cook dinner!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Good morning all! @Bex953172 I hope you all start feeling better soon!!! @mytime6630 sending you all the strength and patience. @Snowflake1968 I missed you! Mikaela is so sweet with her bff. Thats so great they have their little pod and can be together!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    JFT -Thursday Sept 10
    1L of water - :)
    Log all food - :)
    No chips - :)
    15 minutes of activity - :)
    Gratitude Journal - :)

JFT -Friday Sept 11
    1L of water
    Log all food
    No chips
    15 minutes of activity
    Gratitude Journal

@mytime6630 - I so feel for you, we have been so much more fortunate here in Canada than you have been in the States. I think you would be safe having the porch visits but if it makes your husband feel unsafe in his own home I don't think I could do it either. Maybe this will give your daughter some of her confidence back that she can do it without visiting everyday. The compliment from her boss probably helped her a lot as well. Can you do videochats with her on the nights she doesn't visit? I don't know how so many families have dealt with a loved one in a hospital or long term care facility. It sure is a difficult time for everyone.

@bex953172- Did you manage to go for the test?

@littleblackskirt - I don't know how it works on the laptop either. I think you would be fine as it saves on the website itself, but I'm not 100% sure. I did notice last night that a few people were having issues so maybe its just something they are working on again.

@HEGoddard0928 - Health and money issues can be all consuming to deal with. We are struggling right now financially and the car keeps having one issue after another. I just withdrew my RRSP yesterday to put towards one repair bill, that isn't quite enough and then today there is another issue with the car. I know at this point, we just need a new vehicle but I don't know how to do that with the terrible credit we have.

Well I've done enough bellyaching this morning, I have to get to work.

Have a great day everyone
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,467 Member
    Recap R 9/10 ~ work at home
    1) Walked dog 4.07 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (2nd floor to basement) :) 12/14
    3) Log all food (midday & afternoon really screwed up) / net cals not horrible red / 10c water (far behind usual) :# not so bad as I thought but some guesses made -130 & 9c
    4) Remember to email daily update to manager (stupid work-from-home rule) :D
    5) LTC call 10am :) / kitty annual check up 1pm :) / check birdfeeders :) cleared wet seed (rainy days) & refilled (even put last 50# bag of seed in garage containers) / wash dishes :smiley: / register for Run for Hill of It (in person) and Jingle Bell 5K (virtual) / financial to-do list :# really need to get on this stuff
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers :s ack! / set alarm & walk dog before work from home :neutral: 2/4

JFT F 9/11 ~ work at home
    1) Walked dog 4.48 mi before work B) chilly but sunny so happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (2nd floor to basement)
    3) Salmon, green beans & cake for supper / net cals green / 12-14c water
    4) Facebook Live noon / update project status s/s / email PRO/PAR sheets / email daily update / electronic records on flash, hard & external drives / update to-do list for office on M
    5) Register for Run for Hill of It (in person) and Jingle Bell 5K (virtual) / financial to-do list / schedule fall service of furnace / one other chore
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / no alarm Sat. (maybe farmers market?)

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K w/ dog 8/29/20 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    @Snowflake1968

No luck on the test, I've tried to book one on government website but it says "no test sites available" ... there's two that are 13 miles away?

So I dont know if that means there's no appointments left or no tests? Theres certainly no home test kits. I only have 5 days to get tested too, so I got til Monday.

Very annoying I just want the kids back in school if its not covid. Which I suspect it isn't.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 937 Member

JFT Friday 11th September

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises no, not unless I do them in bed tonight
    Foot exercises yes
    Walk just 18 minutes round housing scheme. This is my 20 minute route, must be getting faster lol
    Collect medication no, was too wet and wild out
    Housework yes

Reporting back tonight as won't have time tomorrow, I leave home at 7am for the day. Had a good day, but very tired tonight. Have been reminding myself why I'm doing this...health health health!!! I don't want Covid complications, cancer, diabetes, all the things which have an increased risk when overweight. I had a letter from the hospital confirming that I have a problem with my hands/fingers. I've been reading about it on the internet and weirdly it seems that it means I now have a higher chance of getting cancer, no idea why! So I'm even more keen to get in shape and have the best chance of good health!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Sorry I’ve been awol the last couple of days. School reopened to all the children this week and it’s been hard work trying to settle them back and work through the current distancing arrangements. Feels like I spend all day lining children up to clean their hands!

Anyway am a bit behind but I have been running and training and trying to stay healthy amidst all the madness.

Will get back on track with goals next week.

Have a lovely weekend all x
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,018 Member
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    🏖🎡💕💕💖 SEPTEMBER💕💖💕🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    💜💜💜
    I had a reasonably
    good day today, although weather is still iffy. We met up with BiL and SiL afternoon coffee, and a family catch up.

So sorry some of you are coping with family illnesses exacerbated by Covid. So many not able to visit ill relatives. My heart goes out to you.

Great things are done by
    a series of small things brought together

(Vincent Van Gogh)

💜💜💜

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2

September Daily Goals: Week 2
      Tues: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅
      Sat: Sun: Mon:
      Weight < 155: 4/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      1 Aug 2020: 149.9

01 Sept 2020: 149.4
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.5
      Calories < in the green 🦄 4/7
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 4/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 4/7
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 4/7
      Positive intentions for Today
      🌟Meditation 4/7 Exercise 4/7
      🌟Family Skype 0/7
      🌟Gardening: 1/7 🌟Declutter🦄2//7
      🌟Laundry 3/7 🌟Circuits 3/7
      😜Housework 4/7 🌟Plan shopping (1/7)
      🌟Shopping 1/7
      🌟Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄 1/7
      🌟Update Journal🦄 2/7
      🌟Catalogue poetry🗃(Ongoing)0/7)
      🌟Crochet🦄 2/7 🌟Puzzles 🦄 4/7
      🌟Watch TV🦄 4/7 🌟Read 4/7

• Bex953172
      This Covid testing is stupid. Just sayin.

Pointless when you cant even get a damn test.
    • teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
      Friday went as expected.. didn’t help that I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. My wife’s favorite and was trying to get out of the dog house (:

Saturday goal
      -raining here in NC So trainer ride today

2 hr trainer ride
      Stay green
      Hang w family
      Fruit for snacks

• WellingTX
      WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
      Mixed day

1900 calories - 1653. Good choices
      Work out 70 minutes - 73 minutes including 2.2 walk.
      Support my bride - got grouchy and start nit picking little things. Have to be better
      Walk after dinner - was late but still forced a .5 around the blanch.

For Saturday: recognize that success is not a straight line. Accept my shortfalls, course correct and start again.

1900 calories
      Work out 70 minutes
      Support my bride
      Focus on health and flexibility for retirement. Make the right choices
      Walk after dinner.
    • Bex953172
      teigansdad wrote: »
      Friday went as expected.. didn’t help that I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. My wife’s favorite and was trying to get out of the dog house (:

Saturday goal
      -raining here in NC So trainer ride today

2 hr trainer ride
      Stay green
      Hang w family
      Fruit for snacks

Out of curiosity... did it work? 🤣
    • mytime6630
      mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
      edited September 2020
      Name: Joan
      5'11"
      69 yrs old
      My weight history:
      SW Year 2017: 217
      SW Year 2018: 195.5
      SW Year 2019 : 206
      SW Year 2020: 182.6
      1st GW: 185.4 :) Met this goal
      2nd GW: 175 - and learn to maintain
      Ultimate goal: 165-170, and maintain

Goals for 2020:
      These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2020:
      1. Lose 15 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 165, and then learn how to maintain it.
      2. To be better with planning my meals each week
      3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
      4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
      5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day

Jan 3: 185.4
      Feb 1: 178
      March: 183.6
      April: 181.0
      May: 179
      June: 182
      July: 177
      August: 185
      Sept: 187
      September 1, 2020
      Weight today was 187.6! OK ... self... get back on track! I need to lose those 10 pounds fast!! I was doing so good during this pandemic until the last month, and its maddening how quickly the weight can crept up!
      9/3: 184.4
      9/5: 184.0
      9/5: 183 -- getting there!
      9/8: 187.5 00 too many potato chips over the weekend
      9/9: 186.2
      9/10: 186
      9/12: 185.6

Personal challenge for myself. LOG at least ONE meal each day.
      Completed: 11/30

JFT, Sat
      1. log all food
      2. concentrate on water
      3. work on that quilt .. I am so close to finish
      4. laundry
      5. clean house

I cannot thank you guys enough for listening to me ... and your encouraging and helpful words regarding my daughter and hubby. You truly are the best!

Yesterday we explained again to our daughter being outside.. and she understands. So Thursday I had the entire lawn sprayed for bugs ... did help a little last nite.
      But I also sprayed Cutter lawn spray ... and bought about 4 Citronella candles. I bought a small outdoor rug to also lay on the pavers... and brought out the fan.
      It was a pleasant evening, and even though the bugs were still bad, not nearly as bad. We bought just sat outside ... I brought out my ipad and played some music videos, which I think she really enjoyed ... and hubby feels safe and is happy. I don't know what it will be like as it gets colder... but we'll handle that as it comes.

Main thing is for us all to stay safe!

@Bex -- for as young as you are, you truly know how to put into words how to help so many. Thank you so much! And .. I pray your little ones don't have covid. You are right .. these tests are a joke!! Here they test a lot ... our daughter has to get tested every week because she works in a nursing home. But she doesn't get the results for 3 days ... so what good is that! They even say you can be negative one day and positive the next day. I hope they come out with a rapid saliva test .. I think that is the only way any of us can be sure.
      But I bet anything your daughters just have a summertime cold. You and Ash have been so careful.

@teigansdad - I am the same way with junk food. If I have it in the house, it is so hard for me to control .. especially things like ice cream and cookies. Chips I have no problem with (well, ususally!). But Hubby does. So trying to just not bring that into the house.
    • mytime6630

I'm also still dealing with the headaches and now stomach aches have been added in. I think I do needed to go to the doctor. I just hate going for myself. It's always Matt that I go for which I don't mind. But I have a feeling I'm going to have to go to a neurologist and there aren't many in my area that take my insurance.

/quote]

Hope you feel better soon. And without working for 7 months I'm sure if very stressful... both financial, and for all aspects. So many people affected by this virus. Take care .. hugs.
    • mytime6630
      WellingTX wrote: »

For Saturday: recognize that success is not a straight line. Accept my shortfalls, course correct and start again.

I LOVE this .....
    • mytime6630
      Bex953172 wrote: »
      This Covid testing is stupid. Just sayin.

Pointless when you cant even get a damn test.

So agree ... this is so crazy! Hugs.. and hoping you get the test soon and can get on with life!
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
      JFT -Friday Sept 11
      1L of water - 👿
      Log all food - 🙂
      No chips - 👿
      15 minutes of activity - 👿
      Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT -Saturday Sept 12
      1L of water
      Log all food
      No chips
      15 minutes of activity
      Gratitude Journal

I am really late getting in today. I slept in a bit and then had a lazy morning with hubby.
      I have gotten off my butt and cleaned, waiting for the girls and Grands to get here. Hoping the rain stops as it’s supposed to soon. If we have to we’ll have to do that party inside but I really prefer not too.
      The only people outside our family is my son in law’s parents and I know they’ve been careful but it’s still a worry.

I have read but don’t have time to comment right now.
    • HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
      Today I will:
      - post 😁
      - go food shopping(NO CHOCOLATE) 😁
      - dishwasher😁
      - edit 3 chapters😁
      - peddle for 30 minutes😁
      - cook dinner!😁 Not what I had planned because didn't realize I was out of salsa but we picked some up earlier so I'll make it tonight. Ended up just grilling some chicken and heating up some veggies.

Logging on late. Slept in and then ran some errands with Matt. It's his first Saturday off since he went back and he actually wanted to get out and do stuff today. I was very surprised. Lol.

Today I will:
      - post 😁
      - Walmart 😁
      - Home Depot 😁
      - cook dinner
      - peddle 30 minutes