Calorie Counter

Message Boards Getting Started
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

2020 Welcome Noobs to MFP

15678911»

Replies

• Mariner322007Mariner322007 Member Posts: 19 Member Member Posts: 19 Member
    Newbie here as well. Trying this app out seriously for the first time. Hit a wall dropping weight hoping I breakthrough soon ! Stay safe everyone
  • alexismeenagh3alexismeenagh3 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all, I'm new and trying again, I've lost weight before on fast faddy diets before, but straight away put it all and more back on, sometimes it's daunting how much I now need to shift, (91 llbs to get to my ideal) so much so that I keep putting it off, I've seen and looked at MFP before but I didn't know or add anyone on here so never stuck to it, but this time round I decided to have a good look round this site and check out some of the stuff on here, and read some of the stories and comments people are putting on. So when folks have put "feel free to add me" I have, and I'm now in the process of looking through the site and just adding people, my list will grow hopefully. Can I tell you all that it's made the world of difference to me, just knowing that we are all in here for the same reason, sometimes in the past I've felt very alone, but not now, it sounds cliche now but it's amazing how much the comments & encouragement that other people give each other has kept me 100% committed. I'm in the zone and looking forward to not only loosing the Llbs but also chatting to people and also encouraging them too. So keep up the great work your doing and FEEL FREE TO ADD ME :-) love to you all xx
  • coloringontheboxcoloringonthebox Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I’m needing accountability and a friend too💕
  • mrsjenniferhelmmrsjenniferhelm Member, Premium Posts: 7 Member Member, Premium Posts: 7 Member
    I'm a noob here, too! I've used MFP before, but never stuck to it. I seem to struggle figuring out how to navigate the website and the app. So I get frustrated and quit. I'm hoping to really put in an effort to learn all I can and use this as a tool to help me!

I'm a 47 year old grandmother of 4. All 4 of them are ages 3 and under. So lots of littles! I'm also very happily married to the most amazing man I've ever known. They say opposites attract, but that's not true in our case. We're the same person. He is my best friend in this entire world!

I have 83 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. I have a lot of weight on my knees and, as a result, have been thru 2 knee surgeries in the past 2 years. I still struggle daily with pain. I know that getting this weight off would help tremendously. But man is it hard! My metabolism has completely shut down and it's hard to exercise when I'm in pain.

My goal is to hike to Devil's Bathtub and Waterfall next summer and hammock camp there. It looks beautiful in the pictures and I want to see it in person!

Check it out:

https://www.virginia.org/listings/outdoorsandsports/devilsbathtubwaterfallthe/

It sounds like a long, hard hike. But that's the goal!!!!

edited September 17
  • lisa_newmumlisa_newmum Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Hello all,

New here and a new mum. My little boy is 4 months old now and I need to lose weight and get fit to be able to run around after him and we also have a big family reunion abroad in January and I do NOT need them to see me like this 🙈

I have chronic health issues which make exercise impossible at the moment, so for now, relying totally on diet to lose weight.

I'm in the UK, London.

I have loads and loads to lose so here we go!
    edited September 17
  • beahylebeahyle Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Howdy!

It’s been more than a decade since I last used this app, happy it still exists! A bit of a noob if there’s been changes to the app but I need help with accountability. 😅

I’d like help with baby steps to create a habit to lose body fat. I’ve gone down enough to have only the last 10ish puns left to lose with exercise & some diet tweaks now I’m focusing on body fat percentage. ☺️

Please add & help me. Thank you!
  • liz0906liz0906 Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    Hi everyone! Technically, I'm not new. Almost 9 years ago I used MFP to lose about 40 lbs. Unfortunately (and especially in COVID) I have gained back every single pound I lost. I'm restarting my fitness journey today and I hope to become friends with some of you to help us motivate each other on this journey.

Liz