Replies

• Motiv8tedMom
    Motiv8tedMom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Check in 1/22
    Tracked:no
    Calories: Under pretty sure
    Exercise;no
    Had a brutal dental procedure today so eating anything more than broth and soup and shakes has been a no. Hoping I feel better tomorrow so I can get back on track.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday check in

@TeresaW1020 we look forward to hearing all about your day(s) when you can come up for air - been there, done that and designed a t-shirt that I didn't get any credit for or royalties on!!! =>
    @its_cleo ok - you're officially a badash (please read between the censored lines)! Agree with @AustinRuadhain, logging and weighing are great tools and it is *awesome* that you are remaining engaged with the exercise despite obstacles. I also think that there has been a lot going on and while you are dealing with all of the things going on, the obstacles and remaining true to the exercise, you might need to be kind to yourself on the calories and ice cream, work through it all and come back to hard core calories and food work when you can take that back on, mentally. In the meantime, your're an exercise badash beast! I love your four week plan!
    @AustinRuadhain I have bookmarked, especially interested in the first and third suggestions!
    @Cornanda I hope you are snoozing deeply and gently and don't see this until tomorrow! I have the same issue - if I am up late, I get hungry and the later it gets, the harder to not eat. So glad you took the time to just really ponder and absorb for *you* - absolutely key to understanding how to help yourself

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? yes, all 3!
    Times? B 8a, L 130p, D 7p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger? Hungry for meals, not unduly - calling a low hunger day
    Exercise? 2 mile walk in work gym and 1.65 mile walk outside [log steps from day before] (steps 21Jan2020 12,416)
    Sleep? 945p-5a [log the morning after]
    Assessed the previous day / week / month? this week I have been back to getting at least 10,000 steps a day and being intentional with exercise. Making a better Plan A and including a Plan B because - life. Eating on plan, not extra, and much less mindless eating. Now - I do still sometimes eat a bite or two of some dinner, or component of dinner, while making dinner, for example. What I have been doing for the last week or so, has been to be super intentional and not have it be extra - I eat a little less at dinner. I'm not sure if I need to worry about this habit on the whole now that I have a kinda. sorta solution but I need to remain aware. One thing I have never nailed down, is when the slope became so slippery that I didn't know (or care?) that I was sliding faster than I could handle and went spinning past the point of reason. I only know I'd look up and have gained weight and wonder what happened - I'm striving to avoid that kind of party this time. Hence me wondering if the having a few bites of dinner before dinner that I make a part of the dinner and not on top of the dinner is the beginning of the end. Ha!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Check in 1/22
    Tracked:no
    Calories: Under pretty sure
    Exercise;no
    Had a brutal dental procedure today so eating anything more than broth and soup and shakes has been a no. Hoping I feel better tomorrow so I can get back on track.

@Motiv8tedMom oh my gosh....so sorry to hear it!!! =<<<< Dental is so not happy but brutal....take all the meds, don't be brave, time enough for that tomorrow. I hope it feels much better tomorrow!
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Checking in....

Although I read posts yesterday I forgot to later check in. 🤪 Anyway it wasn’t a great day, I made some less than stellar choices. This week has been very busy so everything has gone by the wayside. Taking good care of myself is time consuming! Hoping to get back on track in the next few days. In the meantime I’m here reading and rooting you all on even if I don’t post too much.

I do agree that this group is amazing!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain great day, checking in and habit tracker are great to check off after accomplishing at the end of the day! I noticed your check marks are all full.on the tracker, you're killin it!

@mrmcgrath I hope your swelling has gone down.

@its_cleo Your workout routine sounds fun, you're doing amazing! I hope things are resolved soon with your wrist and you're feeling better. It's frustrating when the body doesn't cooperate!

@Cornanda I'm glad you had time to reevaluate your situation. Without sleep it seems everything falls apart! Overeating and wanting simple carbs is definitely more common. I've learned if I don't work out I don't sleep as well, it's part of what motivates me to do it each day. I hope your changes help you sleep tonight.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Motiv8tedMom I'm sorry to hear about your dental procedure and hope you feel better soon!

@raleighgirl09 I'm always impressed by how insightful you are about your eating!

@sunshineplace glad you had the chance to check in!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- stair treadmill, weights, core, yoga
    Water- over

Great but exhausting time on the stair treadmill, I upped levels for the last 2/3 and ended up hugging the water fountain afterward and had to keep returning while lifting weights. Definitely need a water bottle I can drink from without tilting it back for doing stairs. I broke my record and climbed 189 flights of stairs. I want to hit an even 200 but know there's no way I can up it yet. I'm reading a book on weight lifting and it's got me thinking about what I want to change up with strength training. I'm not hungry but feel like eating, I'm doing my best to ignore it and enjoy my tea. When I was exercising the TV in front of me was playing cheesy videos. One was all ice cream cones swirling on the screen, dripping ice cream and sauce, and being eaten by people. That's torture but I couldn't look away!

Habits
    Gym 3xs a week- two days down!
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Core/stretches- done
    Fit On yoga- did 2
    Recipe- nothing new yet, made veggie broth in the Instant pot and Asian stir fry.
    Cleaning/Decluttering- dropped 5 bags of clothes and 2 boxes of kitchen stuff off at Goodwill. Cleared out a pile of papers and straightened kitchen.
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    Sunshineplace
    Week 3
    Thursday
    PW 158.4
    CW 158.2
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In

Day - Tuesday (soo late)
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 234.4
    Current - 233.8

Weighed myself and then forgot to come check in :#
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    Hi. So, I'm at one of those F ages (the older one) and anyone who is there with me knows that sleep can be an issue. I've had three awful nights and this morning I had a toddler like meltdown. I told my husband that if I have to get fat and have crepey skin and have my kids leave the nest at least I should be able to rest. Wow, did he clear out for work fast! Anyway, I spent some time thinking about me today.... something women tend to ignore. I made a sleep plan to clean up some bad habits. I worked on my 2020 vision for my bod in 2020. And that helped. Not sleeping is a double whammy for me, because if I can't, I might night eat. And then the next day feel too tired to be a good girl and eat well and exercise. Thank you for listening to my venting. Much appreciated. Hopefully tonight I'm tired enough to crash.

Sending you a hug! Sleep is my issue (one of many!), too. It seems like EVERYTHING is worse without the right amount and kind of sleep. I have to be so careful because I tend to spiral. I have my last child graduating high school this year and I just keep telling myself that it will be fine. I'm going to miss her so much. Also, so much of my life activities and my identity are wrapped up in motherhood. In anticipation of her leaving, I got a job and a cat. One day at a time and one foot in front of the other is about all I can manage at this point.
    P.S. Eating, sleeping, whatever - you ARE a good girl!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (1/1): 197
    Check in weight (1/8): 196.6
    Check in weight (1/15): 196.2
    Check in weight (1/23 (late)): 196.0

I went to a group exercise class on Saturday! Yay! I loved it! It left me super sore for 4 days though lol. I am guessing I am holding on to a little water still as my measurements speak differently than the scale (in a good way).
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91
    Thursday weigh in
    Last week: 172.2
    This week: 172.2
    At least it wasn't in the red!
    The 3 day weekend didn't help too much, but I have inadvertently started IF after missing breakfast 2 days in a row for early doctor's appointments and not eating until lunchtime.
    I honestly did not think I would be able to manage without breakfast, but as I have a sedentary office job it has not been that bad & is easier to hit the calorie goal. Not eating at night is going better too.
    Although I'm not much of a poster, I do enjoy reading all the posts on my lunch break.
    Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Kayla7303
    Weigh in week 3
    PW 190.2
    CW 186.7
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @kayla7303, congrats on a fantastic week of weight loss!! Did you do anything differently? :)
    @gwamajtw91, Yesss at least it isn’t red! I do IF and before I started, I never would have believed I could go without eating breakfast. Now I have my two cups of black coffee and don’t eat until the afternoon. It also helps me to stay within my calorie goal. :)
    @leonadixon, Yayyyy you worked out and you lost a little weight. I agree that you are probably holding onto water if you are feeling sore. Keep it up!! B)
    @bethanie0825, great job in getting to a new lower number on the scale!! :)
    @sunshineplace, yayyy you lost weight!! Yes, I know it can be time-consuming to take care of yourself. I have that issue too, but it really does need to become a priority or at the very least we need to try to do our best. Right? ;)
    @Katmary71, Ohhh my goodness you have me laughing at the visual of you working out while watching icecream cones swirling on the screen. What kind of torture is that!! :D You can get a water bottle that has a straw in it. That is what I use. That stair treadmill sounds intense, but I know you will hit 200 in no time because you are awesome!
    @raleighgirl09, I love reading how you assess what you are doing with eating, exercise, etc. I have been seeing my weight creep up over the last two months and it’s freaking me out and I have to start figuring out what my deal is. I need to do what you do and keep a daily assessment of my day. Maybe seeing it in writing will help me get it together and get to that elusive Onderland that I’ve been chasing after for so long. :/
    @Motiv8tedMom, ouch so sorry about the dental procedure! I hope you start feeling better very soon. <3
    @Cornanda, I feel you girl! My sleep is sporadic at best and I often dread going to bed at night because I don’t know if it will be a good night where I sleep or one of those where sleep just doesn’t happen. I did find that NOT drinking coffee after 3 pm helps. I also take melatonin, magnesium, and sleep aid with no guarantee that it will do the trick, but it does help. Vent away!! <3

Hey everyone! Sorry to anyone I didn’t get to today. I was on roll responding to you all when I got a call from my pastor’s wife to tell me that my pastor, who is also my boss, had a mini-stroke and is in the hospital. He doesn’t want visitors or for me to tell anyone other than our immediate staff. He is my husband's best friend, so my sweet DH is naturally very upset. I am not allowing myself to think anything other than he will be perfectly fine and back to normal life very soon. I’m going to go make dinner and sit with my husband. Take care of yourselves and I will be back tomorrow.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Thursday weigh in week 4 (23Jan2020)
    Previous weight: 189.6
    Current weight: 185.9 (shazam!)

Calling it made to 185 - even if it is also .9. => Very happy with the accomplishment! Interesting that today was not great for food, hunger, planning, water (got it but there was some chugging versus all day drinking). I could say it was all due to a very busy day doing chores but....I also didn't log my food last night or this morning which is what I have been doing. So. All BS aside, I didn't start at 100%.

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? I planned what I was going to eat for B and L but not D and didn't pre-log any... not a win
    Times? 9a, L 1245p, D 530p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?  Dinner was technically non-planned, as I didn't know until on my way home from work.  I think I did well with it - rotisserie chicken to the rescue but I did eat the skin.  Thought the calories would be over but I planned a very light breakfast on purpose, no cheese with the Mexican lunch and minimal chips, no alcohol tonight. It allowed calories on food at two meals so that's ok.
    Hunger?  Very busy day packing up the office - was pretty hungry for lunch, should have eaten another apple.  Surprisingly hungry at dinner, early for me at 530p - but I have had several days without much hunger so I think this was a natural fluctuation. Or - tied to not following more than minimal habits and not giving 100%
    Exercise?    [log steps from day before] (steps 22Jan2020 14,428)
    Sleep?  11p-5a  [log the morning after]
    Assessed the previous day / week / month? - yesterday, compared to today.  A great start in the work gym both days and my total steps each day were awesome.  Yesterday I was intentional with water, planned and logged my meals.  Today I ended up getting the water in, in larger amounts fewer times.  Today I knew I was going to have lunch at the office and planned for it, knowing where it was from, and I did well but I allowed myself to get hungrier than was wise - yesterday I ate reasonable amounts for each meal and didn't have two periods of hunger to deal with.  The end of the day stats for both days is good - but the difference in actions and intentions made a difference in my habits for the day and not having the ease of the day today that I had yesterday.
  • Motiv8tedMom
    Motiv8tedMom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    1/23 check in
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise:Yes
    Feeling better today and wasn't too tempted by fiod because my root canal is still sore so that helped me stay under calories! 😁😁
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    For sure @TeresaW1020! I needed to hear that! Thank you.
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    Quick check in. Busy but great day! Feel back in control. Made great choices today.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @sunshineplace in the green! Glad you had a great day!

@bethanie0825 nice loss!

@leonadixon way to go on attending the class! I've been looking at the schedule for my gym and enjoyed doing classes on vacation with others but have been shy about going by myself. Nice drop in weight!

@gwamajtw91 Great job staying out of the red! Are you going to continue IF?

@kayla7303 big drop, wtg!

@TeresaW1020 prayers for your friend and pastor! I hope there's no permanent damage and he recovers quickly.

@raleighgirl09 wow, girlfriend isn't messing around, that's a big drop! You're killin it!

@Motiv8tedMom Awesome way to think about your situation keeping you under calories!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Thursday
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike, core, yoga

Habits
    Gym 3xs a week- 2 down 1 more tomorrow
    Core strength daily-done
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Fit On workout- was on hold so I couldn't use phone, did Yoga with Adriene Day 1 of 30 days challenge on YouTube- that stupid "C" word is like daring a kid, they're longer workouts but I'm tempted to take the challenge! Pulled a chest muscle so some of it hurt.
    Recipe- not sure I'll get around to it, I've done a lot of meal prep stuff but no actual recipe. Maybe this weekend.
    Decluttering/cleaning- OK, I was unsuccessfully on hold for going on 5 hours, I scrubbed the stove, went through 3 boxes of paperwork, organized my cookbooks and gardening books, put together another box to donate, and more! Kitchen looks awesome!
This discussion has been closed.