Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,371 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,371 MFP Moderator
    Beating around the bush. Speak up and spit it out..

But that causes hate and discontent then tends to get me grouchy faces, warnings, and expulsion.

😁 not such a good idea on a moderated forum.. I just meant in the real world, when someone is talking to me it irks me when I feel they are trying to say something but just skirt around it waiting for me to figure it out.
    Also includes my kids.. I dont like "Oh, I'd like to go to such and such but I don't have the money" or "I'll get that next week because I get paid then" just ask.. mum , can I borrow some money 😏..

I'm trying to train my husband. He is one of those people who doesn't always just say stuff, he somtimes makes these really vague comments designed to make you ask about something. I didn't notice until about 2 years ago, and now it infuriates me. I generally just ignore him when he does it now. And laugh on the inside when he looks sad that I didn't take the bait. Just say your *kitten* thought or go away!
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 250,211 Member Member Posts: 250,211 Member

But that causes hate and discontent then tends to get me grouchy faces, warnings, and expulsion.

😁 not such a good idea on a moderated forum.. I just meant in the real world, when someone is talking to me it irks me when I feel they are trying to say something but just skirt around it waiting for me to figure it out.
    Also includes my kids.. I dont like "Oh, I'd like to go to such and such but I don't have the money" or "I'll get that next week because I get paid then" just ask.. mum , can I borrow some money 😏..

I'm trying to train my husband. He is one of those people who doesn't always just say stuff, he somtimes makes these really vague comments designed to make you ask about something. I didn't notice until about 2 years ago, and now it infuriates me. I generally just ignore him when he does it now. And laugh on the inside when he looks sad that I didn't take the bait. Just say your *kitten* thought or go away!

😄 I admit I kinda smile inside too when they realise I'm not taking the bait..

Good luck with the husband training BTW.. buy a cattle prod, might help 😂
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,862 Member Member Posts: 2,862 Member
    Communication can be so much fun, can't it?? :)

That's partly why I want the hermit life. I can talk to myself, I can talk to whoever might be up in the heavens listening, to my pups, to the birds that feed out front of my house, to the 3 neighborhood cats that have taken to stalking my feeders:( . I never say anything dumb that I feel everybody must be judging, I never get interrupted, I feel almost intelligent and that I have something worthy to share in the conversation. :) Nothing like being interrupted all the time to shatter a person's feeling of worth. :/
    edited October 26
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 18,792 Member Member Posts: 18,792 Member

so many jokes

..... so many flag buttons

it's time to take the high road. (for once)
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 250,211 Member Member Posts: 250,211 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

so many jokes

I almost tagged you .. almost 😁

so many jokes

You think she left you all those openings on purpose? :)
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 18,792 Member Member Posts: 18,792 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

so many jokes

Hanging curve ball..... and I simply backed away from the plate.
  • Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 12,019 Member Member Posts: 12,019 Member
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,873 Member Member Posts: 7,873 Member
    Getting under warm blankets and having the perfect 'pillow' action happening with everything within reach that you might want when about to watch your favorite show...except you can't find the remote control...
  • Miz_OwlMiz_Owl Member Posts: 1,088 Member Member Posts: 1,088 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Getting under warm blankets and having the perfect 'pillow' action happening with everything within reach that you might want when about to watch your favorite show...except you can't find the remote control...

Or when the remote control
    falls off the bed 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • FourWindsWalkerFourWindsWalker Member Posts: 121 Member Member Posts: 121 Member
    When I finally find a brand/style of jeans that fit me perfectly and the stores stops selling it. Or depending upon the region, never had that style to begin with.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,873 Member Member Posts: 7,873 Member
    When your fridge has an incessant vibrating noise coming from it and you can't find the assaulting item that is causing it!
  • ButterMeMuffinzButterMeMuffinz Member Posts: 27 Member Member Posts: 27 Member
    and....

Life is Beautiful .... ( from sometime in the late 90's with the Italian actor.... blanking on his name.)

Roberto Benigni

How can you forget when he was at the oscars and legit walked on top of the chairs?!
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

so many jokes

Hanging curve ball..... and I simply backed away from the plate.

So much self-control
    So little time
  • Revolu7Revolu7 Member Posts: 302 Member Member Posts: 302 Member
    Men who get dressed putting their tee shirt on before their pants.......creepy look dude. Women yes.....men no.....
  • IronIsMyTherapyIronIsMyTherapy Member Posts: 463 Member Member Posts: 463 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    CacoEther wrote: »
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    Apparently I’m getting so old that my eyelashes are not growing back much.
    I have practically none on the bottom and I’ve had to try false lashes on top. (quite the ordeal)
    I try really hard when I rub my eyes not to rub my lashes.

I remember when I was little in the 1960s watching my mother put on her false eyelashes, her wig, her girdle, etc.

I don’t wanna have to do that! 😢

Girl, get you some lash serum! They really work, and fast. I got some two pack at Costco, don’t even know the brand, and within ten days my lashes were brushing against my sunglasses

i have also limited eye lashes. i've heard that vaseline works well too *from the lipstick thread*

Oh that’s right, i remember @GymGoddessGoals saying that.. or was it castor oil?? Anyway, I had already purchased this lash serum and it works insanely well.

someone said vaseline and someone said castor oil too. hitting your sunglasses!? my son's eyelashes are that long that he actually cut them. guess who begged him not to and cried anyway?

WHY DO BOYS ALWAYS HAVE THE LONGEST LASHES 😭

Maybe bc we dont do anything to them or put anything on them? (Half joking, half serious)

I hate that you may be on to something here 🤣

I never need or use chapstick either.
  • Wanderwoman2021Wanderwoman2021 Member Posts: 22 Member Member Posts: 22 Member
    People that have to question everything I say or do and can’t just follow a direct order .. this is not up for discussion damn it!!! 🥴🤯
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,371 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,371 MFP Moderator
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Men who get dressed putting their tee shirt on before their pants.......creepy look dude. Women yes.....men no.....

its sexier when they have their socks on too :)
    Revolu7 wrote: »

Also creepy when their underwear hangs out at their waist by 4-6" and their pants aren't even 'pants on the ground' variety.