Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 11,745 Member Member Posts: 11,745 Member
    Uppity. Too good for everyone else. I can feel and spot 'em a mile away.
  • Kashmir_314_Kashmir_314_ Member Posts: 625 Member Member Posts: 625 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Uppity. Too good for everyone else. I can feel and spot 'em a mile away.

That's just my RBF. I'm actually quite sincere on the inside. 🙂
    I'm always just speaking in general here, otherwise it gets touchy. I'm thinking about someone who's still alive to this day that always brushed my grandpaw aside. Too good, uppity. Nose always in the air. Nothing has changed and that was years ago. When I was little, people used to do war-whoops(hoops) when we would pull up to a light or stop sign. Grandpaw didn't bat an eyeball, just kept staring straight ahead waaaay into the future. That person's spouse is buried right next to Grandpaw. They're side by side now and that is the ultimate level playing field.

I like that lyric "If you're too good for us you'll be good flying solo".

edited October 28
  • Peach1948Peach1948 Member Posts: 1,840 Member Member Posts: 1,840 Member
    People who don't use their turn signal.
  • IronIsMyTherapyIronIsMyTherapy Member Posts: 463 Member Member Posts: 463 Member
    When people don't finish their stories...my husband is THE WORST about this.
    He'll start telling a story, and then go off on a tangent on one small detail and never gets back to the story.

For example, something like...
    "So, my friends and I were hiking in the woods, when suddenly, this huge bear jumps out at us, and charges at my friend Rich....remember Rich? We met in high school chemistry class, where we had to be lab partners, because..."

I'm like, "WAIT, WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE BEAR??"

Maybe you'll find this funny...maybe you'll tear your hair out.

• vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 2,036 Member Member Posts: 2,036 Member
    I don’t get why Drake is so big in America. Or in general.

Actually just in America since that’s the birth place of rap/hip hop. I thought they cared about authenticity.
    edited October 28
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 207 Member Member Posts: 207 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I thought they cared about authenticity.

If there's one thing the music industry cares about it's authenticity. You can't just be a pretty face with a middling voice and expect to succeed in a business that takes artistic merit so seriously.
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 2,036 Member Member Posts: 2,036 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I thought they cared about authenticity.

If there's one thing the music industry cares about it's authenticity. You can't just be a pretty face with a middling voice and expect to succeed in a business that takes artistic merit so seriously.

Am I talking about the industry? No. I’m well aware that that’s mosty all they care about.

I’m talking about the people who take a liking to him in particular especially rap/hip hop heads. i thought they’d be more nitpicky. He’s not authentic, his ‘rap’ voice 😐 even when he pronounces some words, he pronounces it as if he’s straight out of New York. We don’t talk like that in Toronto.
    He’s a poser.

• BordeauxBeeBordeauxBee Member Posts: 64 Member Member Posts: 64 Member
    Sending me links to fake news!!!
  • YoshiboobsYoshiboobs Member Posts: 660 Member Member Posts: 660 Member
    When I know how to do something and am capable of doing it and someone swoops in to take the task away from me or re-explain how to do it. 😑
  • artscolaartscola Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member
    When you notice someone in the gym is coughing and sneezing not wearing a mask, not social distancing.
  • denny_macdenny_mac Member Posts: 66 Member Member Posts: 66 Member
  • denny_macdenny_mac Member Posts: 66 Member Member Posts: 66 Member
    ^ what if they are in the ashtray?

cockroaches I mean
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,887 Member Member Posts: 4,887 Member
    So I got yelled at yesterday while minding my own business getting the mail at work. My mask had slipped down over my nose and all of a sudden this woman comes up behind me and starts yelling about my mask and how she has cancer. I was like, "it JUST happened!" and defending myself while walking back to my office.

Why am I irked? Because after this encounter I came up with all the reasons yelling at me was unnecessary and out of line and, of course, now I can't lecture her on why she didn't need to be such a *kitten*.

edited October 30
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 207 Member Member Posts: 207 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    So I got yelled at yesterday while minding my own business getting the mail at work. My mask had slipped down over my nose and all of a sudden this woman comes up behind me and starts yelling about my mask and how she has cancer. I was like, "it JUST happened!" and defending myself while walking back to my office.

Why am I irked? Because after this encounter I came up with all the reasons yelling at me was unnecessary and out of line and, of course, now I can't lecture her on why she didn't need to be such a *kitten*.

You should have shot a booger at her.