Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• busyPKbusyPK Member Posts: 3,474 Member Member Posts: 3,474 Member
    When someone at work makes a new pot of coffee, but when I pour it into my cup I can see through it to the bottom. Coffee shouldn't be this light, and now we have a whole pot to drink before I can make anything stronger.
  • jeepmanromerojeepmanromero Member Posts: 111 Member Member Posts: 111 Member
    Not doing the speed limit in the left lane on the highway 🤬👿👹
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 17,207 Member Member Posts: 17,207 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Y'know. I have another PhD student who follows me on the 'gram - overall she is a nice and intelligent lady who posts a lot of interesting stuff. HOWEVERRRRRRRR recently she accused me (moi!) of being fat-phobic and of having a mental illness purely because I am proud of my weight loss. I don't even really post about it on my personal IG very often so she gosh darn ruffled my feathers. *kitten* is lucky she lives in America.

yeah.... those folks from the colonies can be real *kittens*.
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Y'know. I have another PhD student who follows me on the 'gram - overall she is a nice and intelligent lady who posts a lot of interesting stuff. HOWEVERRRRRRRR recently she accused me (moi!) of being fat-phobic and of having a mental illness purely because I am proud of my weight loss. I don't even really post about it on my personal IG very often so she gosh darn ruffled my feathers. *kitten* is lucky she lives in America.

yeah.... those folks from the colonies can be real *kittens*.

I realise that was more of a rant and less of a little thing that irks me. But sometimes a rant on mfp is just what the dr ordered.

giphy.gif
  • zeekngreatnesszeekngreatness Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    Me: Thank you

You: Yep

Me: You mean “you’re welcome.”

Lol my kids hate when I do that..you’re welcome is too long to say as you walking by someone lol
  • gearhead426hemigearhead426hemi Member Posts: 804 Member Member Posts: 804 Member
    When someone who tips the scales more than me gives me diet advice.
  • TarryTaffyTarryTaffy Member Posts: 885 Member Member Posts: 885 Member
    busyPK wrote: »
    When someone at work makes a new pot of coffee, but when I pour it into my cup I can see through it to the bottom. Coffee shouldn't be this light, and now we have a whole pot to drink before I can make anything stronger.

Weak coffee... < shudder >

May I introduce you to the, "Oh, gee... I accidentally dropped the < insert gross object name here > into the carafe... again. Let me make another pot." excuse.
    edited January 22

Lol my kids hate when I do that..you’re welcome is too long to say as you walking by someone lol

Same. I say "sure" a lot.
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,259 Member Member Posts: 3,259 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

I am irked. 😉

I am irked. 😉

Lol. You're welcome! :smiley:
  • OfCarbsOfCarbs Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    Bathroom selfies and the mirror is dirty...it doesn't take much effort to clean you water splatter from the mirror
  • isalsayourface123isalsayourface123 Member Posts: 2,161 Member Member Posts: 2,161 Member
    OfCarbs wrote: »
    Bathroom selfies and the mirror is dirty...it doesn't take much effort to clean you water splatter from the mirror

🤷‍♀️every time
    In my defense I barely brush my hair...wiping a mirror is wasted time
  • OfCarbsOfCarbs Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    OfCarbs wrote: »

🤷‍♀️every time
    In my defense I barely brush my hair...wiping a mirror is wasted time

this made me smile :-) my daughters say the same thing when I troll their Instagram posts and tell them to wipe their mirror or clean their bathroom!
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 7,687 Member Member Posts: 7,687 Member
    • Inferring meaning from my words/writing that were not there just to start an argument. *kitten* you.
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,259 Member Member Posts: 3,259 Member

I am irked. 😉

Obviously meant to quote a different thingy
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 11,917 Member Member, Premium Posts: 11,917 Member
    The property taxes in the community Iive in are very high,
    with the majority of the taxes going to the schools (I’m cool with that).
    What irritates me is that they spent ****loads of tax money building a new football stadium at every single high school.
    That seems indulgent to me.
    Surely there were other things needed and the schools could share a stadium or two.
    The property taxes in the community Iive in are very high,
    with the majority of the taxes going to the schools (I’m cool with that).
    What irritates me is that they spent ****loads of tax money building a new football stadium at every single high school.
    That seems indulgent to me.
    Surely there were other things needed and the schools could share a stadium or two.

wait.

I'm confused.

There's something more important than football ???

• ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 1,396 Member Member Posts: 1,396 Member
    Twitchy, is that Stuart??
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Twitchy, is that Stuart??
    Yes, it was a succession of stuarts 😁
    edited January 23