Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 255,780 Member Member, Premium Posts: 255,780 Member
    tmantwo wrote: »
    ^ Naw, thats gods tears washing them even better. They will dry again. Even better than before.

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

I'll wash them again. Im irked because yesterday was 43c , they'd have been dry. 😒

Hhhhholy hotness! I put clothes out on a line and they'd freeze PDQ. We're sitting around - 6C

🥶 brrr.. I've never seen a - temp
  • tmantwotmantwo Member Posts: 2,634 Member Member Posts: 2,634 Member
    ^ Naw, thats gods tears washing them even better. They will dry again. Even better than before.

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

I'll wash them again. Im irked because yesterday was 43c , they'd have been dry. 😒

Hhhhholy hotness! I put clothes out on a line and they'd freeze PDQ. We're sitting around - 6C

It's worth it once or twice or thrice, cause you gotsta do it 3+ times to ensure you don't like it, to try skiing.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 255,780 Member Member, Premium Posts: 255,780 Member

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

It's worth it once or twice or thrice, cause you gotsta do it 3+ times to ensure you don't like it, to try skiing.

I just can't even imagine that cold 🥶
    Maybe someday though .. ⛷
  • KickassAmazon76KickassAmazon76 Member Posts: 3,341 Member Member Posts: 3,341 Member

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

I remember going skating with my youngest when it was - 26C. I swear I froze my eyeballs. But we had so much fun!

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

I remember going skating with my youngest when it was - 26C. I swear I froze my eyeballs. But we had so much fun!

Frozen eyeballs 😂
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 9,681 Member Member Posts: 9,681 Member

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

Nuh uh. No way am I ever being in a place where the wind hurts my face.

?u=https%3A%2F%2F68.media.tumblr.com%2F77bf8e975b473d01b7d8021328deb29e%2Ftumblr_omn7ix3H5C1udyn1uo1_500.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

To be fair it just needs to be like 0-1c to make snow so it’s not “that” cold.
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 19,476 Member Member Posts: 19,476 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    When you're wrapping a gift and the paper you thought you measured oh so perfectly turns out to be like an inch short then you're left cutting little pieces off odd sized paper just to cover up the parts you missed and then you just rewrap the entire thing because ocd

This is me except I don't rewrap it because, well, they are lucky it was wrapped in the first place and not handed to them in a tied closed plastic bag or stapled shut brown bag. Heck, if it's really big I've been known to just toss it into a 55 gallon trash bag and zip-tie it shut.

But, babies

They smother

This is why I almost never give babies as Christmas gifts

"Almost never"

Listen, even the fire dept deserves a little Christmas gift every now and again

@CacoEther

Just as long as you occupy the same zip code as your local fire department, I'm sure that they consider you as the 'Gift that Keeps on Giving'.

<3B)
  • CacoEtherCacoEther Member Posts: 2,465 Member Member Posts: 2,465 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    When you're wrapping a gift and the paper you thought you measured oh so perfectly turns out to be like an inch short then you're left cutting little pieces off odd sized paper just to cover up the parts you missed and then you just rewrap the entire thing because ocd

This is me except I don't rewrap it because, well, they are lucky it was wrapped in the first place and not handed to them in a tied closed plastic bag or stapled shut brown bag. Heck, if it's really big I've been known to just toss it into a 55 gallon trash bag and zip-tie it shut.

But, babies

They smother

This is why I almost never give babies as Christmas gifts

"Almost never"

Listen, even the fire dept deserves a little Christmas gift every now and again

@CacoEther

Just as long as you occupy the same zip code as your local fire department, I'm sure that they consider you as the 'Gift that Keeps on Giving'.

<3B)

You’re so naughty to me 😌
    Of course I wouldn’t have it any other way 🔥
  • CacoEtherCacoEther Member Posts: 2,465 Member Member Posts: 2,465 Member

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

Really when you bundle up, it's not that bad. When it gets really cold, it's drier so you don't get that same damp chill we often get around the freezing mark.

When it's really effing cold, you make sure you had your block heater in, you cover up in layers, and you keep the heat going. There's a sense of pride that comes from a 45c (with the windchill) day. It's like... I can survive this? Pfft I can do anything.

You just hope to hell your car doesn't stall in the middle of nowhere, and keep winter gear close by.

But ohhh the noises your vehicle makes when it’s that cold. Everything is super stiff and feels like it’ll shatter any second.

Sometimes i’m amazed that we used to drive in that weather without cell phones.

But I’ve also heard of people losing fingers and toes to frostbite while waiting for help to arrive because nobody stopped to offer help. Everyone assumes you’ve got a phone. So I guess it’s a blessing/curse situation

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

Anything under 20c is cold to me 😄
  • ythannahythannah Member Posts: 3,600 Member Member Posts: 3,600 Member

After all, I listen to him and pick up on hints (and have for 13 years) of what he's interested in, what albums and shows he's collecting, or authors he's still reading. I have done this for every man I've ever dated (if we lasted long enough to celebrate a birthday or Christmas). It just shows that you actually give a damn.

I really just don't think it's that much to ask to expect your s/o to put some thought into gift-giving and actually give a damn about what they gift you during holidays. Little things can mean so much and I feel like people oftentimes forget about small gestures that mean a lot and show that they are listening and being active in the lives of those they claim they love.

It's not just you, that's 100% my philosophy too.

This year the SO is getting a metal detector for Christmas because he's mentioned a few times that it would be "fun" to have one. I put some time into researching a decent entry-level one. Several reviewers mentioned the need to have a pinpoint detector as well so he's getting one of those too (his birthday is a couple weeks after Christmas). He's a challenge to buy gifts for since he a) has everything he needs, usually in duplicate and b) buys himself everything he wants. And maybe the thing will sit there unused but at least I listened.
  • ythannahythannah Member Posts: 3,600 Member Member Posts: 3,600 Member

But ohhh the noises your vehicle makes when it’s that cold. Everything is super stiff and feels like it’ll shatter any second.

And driving on square tires because the tires have frozen.

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

That’s too bad because after a day of skiing in those temps that are too cold for you we spend the evenings in the hot tub.

I guess you could stay in the villa and wait for us. I’d miss ya though. 🤷🏼‍♂️

😂🤣😂😂

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

That’s too bad because after a day of skiing in those temps that are too cold for you we spend the evenings in the hot tub.

I guess you could stay in the villa and wait for us. I’d miss ya though. 🤷🏼‍♂️

😂🤣😂😂

Ohh honey buns.. you seriously think I'd be in that villa alone? You seriously underestimate me 😉😂

PS.. warm weather means less clothing.. js😜
    edited November 2020
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 324 Member Member Posts: 324 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

And driving on square tires because the tires have frozen.

You need to get some winter tires on there. Those stay malleable well below freezing.
  • IAMFFLIAMFFL Member Posts: 58 Member Member Posts: 58 Member
    When I hold the door for someone and they don't have the decency to say thank you.