Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 15,688 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,688 Member
    When people (men) go way out of their way to open a door for me, even if they are awkwardly carrying items or are quite a distance ahead of me. Yeah, I know I'm a weak little lady, but I think I can open that door myself. They think they are being gentlemanly, but I find it patronizing and it annoys the crap out of me.

th?id=OGC.7c5c77921961933838ced88c4f9a9316&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f12pFgdUj0KLiU0%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=llP7JkNicD1CBTHpnLLj9FSoxTJ5pwu6Gr%2fCYqQKjuQ%3d

Better? 😏

p05ndapcufn5.gif
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 2,279 Member Member Posts: 2,279 Member
    When people (men) go way out of their way to open a door for me, even if they are awkwardly carrying items or are quite a distance ahead of me. Yeah, I know I'm a weak little lady, but I think I can open that door myself. They think they are being gentlemanly, but I find it patronizing and it annoys the crap out of me.

th?id=OGC.7c5c77921961933838ced88c4f9a9316&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f12pFgdUj0KLiU0%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=llP7JkNicD1CBTHpnLLj9FSoxTJ5pwu6Gr%2fCYqQKjuQ%3d

Better? 😏

Muuuch. Thank you!!
  • George_of_the_JungleGeorge_of_the_Jungle Member Posts: 3,316 Member Member Posts: 3,316 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Having people you live with, stay with, who visit, just watch you clean countertops in the kitchen and then moments later they go make something that involves bread, crackers, spices etc. Leaving crumbs all over the just cleaned counter. No attempt to wipe up their mess at all. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Sweep the crumbs into your hand, walk to their bedroom & place the crumbs on their pillowcase.

They should get the message....

What if you're just adding to the already there pile?
  • emeraldeyes2020emeraldeyes2020 Member Posts: 231 Member Member Posts: 231 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »

I get a kick out of opening doors for men (since I was taught to be polite and offer assistance regardless of gender). Some of them get downright offended at me offering to hold open the door OR get very, very confused.

It is a source of day-to-day amusement.

You know, for me it's not about awkward, it's not about weak, it's about being nice to each other. I hold the door open for both men and women. I get incredibly tickled when someone holds the door for me. In a world full of hatred and down right evil, it's refreshing to *just be nice* to each other.

Agreed! 👏🏻
  • George_of_the_JungleGeorge_of_the_Jungle Member Posts: 3,316 Member Member Posts: 3,316 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Ok I know this is a bit of a selfish one but it annoys me when other family members use the home gym for about three days, knowing full well they won't be back until next year, and they move all my weights around. Just do your cardio and leave. Thanks, I'll see you in 2021.

Well damn 😂...

I'll be sure to put the weights back after our next pizza meeting... 😏

I'm sure I can make an exception for you my fellow pineapple pizza president!

You didn't invite me, but I'm joining this club 🍍 🍕 👍
  • mi_nina_lolami_nina_lola Member Posts: 767 Member Member Posts: 767 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    when you got shorty ankle socks on with your running shoes and you start running and then the sock slips down your ankle and halfway under your foot inside your shoe.

literal biblical hell

it was me when i still ran - i concur
    when. people . do. not. cover THEIR MOUTH WHEN THEY COUGH :s

This is no little thing luvee
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 19,890 Member Member Posts: 19,890 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Having people you live with, stay with, who visit, just watch you clean countertops in the kitchen and then moments later they go make something that involves bread, crackers, spices etc. Leaving crumbs all over the just cleaned counter. No attempt to wipe up their mess at all. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Sweep the crumbs into your hand, walk to their bedroom & place the crumbs on their pillowcase.

They should get the message....

What if you're just adding to the already there pile?

.... snack for later ?
  • isalsayourface123isalsayourface123 Member Posts: 2,153 Member Member Posts: 2,153 Member
    when. people . do. not. cover THEIR MOUTH WHEN THEY COUGH :s

3r1zv18yra3b.gif

Scuse me
    edited January 2020
  • emeraldeyes2020emeraldeyes2020 Member Posts: 231 Member Member Posts: 231 Member
    Expensive wine or champagne that tastes like vinegar or gone off perfume 😤
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 9,979 Member Member Posts: 9,979 Member
    It irks me that I can’t put birdseed out for the birds without attracting the opossums and raccoons at night.
    Living on a creek, ugh.

Oh dang, our poor birds only have to fend off brazen squirrels for their food, not the other two at the moment.
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 9,979 Member Member Posts: 9,979 Member
    Men that can’t look at my face while they’re speaking to me 🤨

Even better is when you maintain a CONSTANT GAZE with them. It makes them ultra uncomfortable. Not an smoldering intense gaze, just an unwavering "I am confident" gaze. Another things that amuses me some days. :lol:
  • handyrunnerhandyrunner Member Posts: 32,665 Member Member Posts: 32,665 Member
    Why do people ask you questions AFTER you’ve sent a pretty through email explaining it all
    tuckerrj wrote: »

I get a kick out of opening doors for men (since I was taught to be polite and offer assistance regardless of gender). Some of them get downright offended at me offering to hold open the door OR get very, very confused.

It is a source of day-to-day amusement.

You know, for me it's not about awkward, it's not about weak, it's about being nice to each other. I hold the door open for both men and women. I get incredibly tickled when someone holds the door for me. In a world full of hatred and down right evil, it's refreshing to *just be nice* to each other.

As it should be, yo.
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,120 Member Member Posts: 3,120 Member
    Why do people ask you questions AFTER you’ve sent a pretty through email explaining it all
    Couple of ideas. I’m not saying they apply to you since I have no way of knowing

Perhaps you lack paragraph breaks. A large, solid block of text is hard to look at.

Or else tldr
    edited January 2020
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Member Posts: 12,252 Member Member Posts: 12,252 Member

Better? 😏

Muuuch. Thank you!!

Well then, 😏...
    In that case, how about...

4vedyxvhttkp.gif