Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,220 Member Member Posts: 5,220 Member
    I'm gonna totally out myself (so to speak)... :)

I'm really really old but am still a part of fandoms. Mostly just checking out tumblr posts. I've been checking out the Julie and the Phantoms tumblr and it just irks me that most of the fans want all of the characters to be gay/bi/pan/etc. I mean, statistically speaking, even if you walked into a gay bar, there are gonna be some straight people in there! They also think ALL the characters show signs of some personality "disorders".

I get shipping characters and the young'uns wanting representation but every...single...one...of...them?
  • OpheliaCooterOpheliaCooter Member Posts: 442 Member Member Posts: 442 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

I'm really really old but am still a part of fandoms. Mostly just checking out tumblr posts. I've been checking out the Julie and the Phantoms tumblr and it just irks me that most of the fans want all of the characters to be gay/bi/pan/etc. I mean, statistically speaking, even if you walked into a gay bar, there are gonna be some straight people in there! They also think ALL the characters show signs of some personality "disorders".

I get shipping characters and the young'uns wanting representation but every...single...one...of...them?

I agree, ex tumblr person here
  • will_it_go_round_in_circleswill_it_go_round_in_circles Member Posts: 981 Member Member Posts: 981 Member
    When parents allow their kids to call me by my first name. Maybe I'm just old fashioned?

what if they put Miss in front?
  • Peachesand_creamPeachesand_cream Member Posts: 385 Member Member Posts: 385 Member
    When parents allow their kids to call me by my first name. Maybe I'm just old fashioned?

what if they put Miss in front?

g4g34gsownpw.gif

• KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 9,897 Member Member Posts: 9,897 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @KosmosKitten
    I didn't know. :( I'm sorry you've all suffered such a terrible loss. I wish you peace and comfort. {{HUGS}}

I should clarify: It's not directed at anyone here. It's mostly directed at people who knew her or loved her as much (or maybe more) than I did. It's just kinda weird thinking about the things we all say in regards to grief, you know?. :heart:

I think we all know what you are saying...
    'we' (the collective 'we') are all just so awkward. Stupid phrases/things just fall out of my mouth at the best of times. Then I feel incredibly stupid and bad...knowing it was unmeaningful/empty to the person on the receiving end and making myself feel unhelpful in the situation.

I am not immune. :lol:

Maybe this is why so many of my relatives actively avoid funerals or spend obscene amounts of time in either the bathroom or somewhere outside the general receiving area in the funeral home?

Then again, I say really dumb/awkward things during everyday situations, so.. :heart:
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 9,897 Member Member Posts: 9,897 Member

Sadly, this happens in *almost* every fandom. I get wanting to see representation of yourself in media you consume (I'd love there to be more non-feminine fat women who aren't the butt of jokes, the comedic relief or the "pet project" in film, for example), but I think it's disingenuous and downright disrespectful to the creator of said media (be it art, stories, film, etc.) to interject your own personal agenda into everything and demand that everyone else do it, too.

Sadly, this happens in *almost* every fandom. I get wanting to see representation of yourself in media you consume (I'd love there to be more non-feminine fat women who aren't the butt of jokes, the comedic relief or the "pet project" in film, for example), but I think it's disingenuous and downright disrespectful to the creator of said media (be it art, stories, film, etc.) to interject your own personal agenda into everything and demand that everyone else do it, too.

It also irks me that Joss Whedon turned out to be such an *kitten* and I'm really hoping it's because of drugs or something. :)

But, yeah, head canons are cool, fan fiction is cool, but this is overboard.

It also irks me that Joss Whedon turned out to be such an *kitten* and I'm really hoping it's because of drugs or something. :)

But, yeah, head canons are cool, fan fiction is cool, but this is overboard.

100% agreed.
  • ComicSundaeComicSundae Member Posts: 39 Member Member Posts: 39 Member
    It's actually an even combination, of both irk & humor because 1st I complain that there isn't enough floor space, to place all of the pieces of a furniture item {plus the additional room necessary, to assemble it}. Then I laugh because it literally looks like I am installing hardwood flooring, over my carpet!
    edited April 20
  • Peachesand_creamPeachesand_cream Member Posts: 385 Member Member Posts: 385 Member
    When you're hungry but just don't know what you crave so you open the fridge and pantry and just stare into space waiting for something delicious to jump out at you then you repeat that five more times and then you walk away hungry still hungry
  • idontcarrollidontcarroll Member Posts: 203 Member Member Posts: 203 Member
    Sending the famous "per my last email" all because people refuse to pay attention. Also love sending the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... request emails, those are my favorite. :s
    Sending the famous "per my last email" all because people refuse to pay attention. Also love sending the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... request emails, those are my favorite. :s

It irks me when I GET those! :)
  • _sw33tp3a_11_sw33tp3a_11 Member Posts: 4,158 Member Member Posts: 4,158 Member
    Under cooked rice. Cause you can't be perfect all the time 😆🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️
  • FabulousFantasticFiftyFabulousFantasticFifty Member Posts: 189,378 Member Member Posts: 189,378 Member
    What this Climate does to my skin 🦎
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 6,743 Member Member Posts: 6,743 Member
    Posts. Entire threads. Poof. Gone.
    Mailpersons blatantly disregarding things listed on the packages they deliver. If something says "fragile" or "do not bend" that does not mean please fold it over and try your best to cram it into a too small mail box.

Same with leaving packages at the door: If it is raining, don't just leave it on the porch without ringing or knocking to get soggy and ruined.
  • slessofmeslessofme Member Posts: 7,428 Member Member Posts: 7,428 Member
    Entering an empty elevator (or room) and practically getting knocked over by the lingering scent of cologne or perfume. Or maybe that "spray, stay, and walk away" doesn't seem to be common knowledge.

Also, going to someone new for a beauty service and forgetting to communicate my preferences. It should have been clear based on what existed, but kicking myself for not communicating because now I have something that isn't what I like.