Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,297 Member Member Posts: 5,297 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm kind of surprised people would take the vaccine question as anything other than a current events type of conversation starter. We have clients coming in every day and it's usually brought up and I'm more than happy to tell them I'm one shot in, complain they wouldn't let me wait until after our busy season to get the second, and then grill them on any after effects. And they're more than happy to discuss it.

I honestly just thought people asking me was a conversation starter, considering how prevalent it was in media (and still is), not as a judgment against me for not having it (at the time), but just open conversation about a popular topic.

Also, for what it's worth, I don't think the majority of us mentioning we've had dose one or two of the vaccine are doing it from a place of pride or vanity: Most of us are happy to be contributing (we hope) to getting things back to normal. Or, in my case, I'm getting vaccinated because I live with someone who can't (he's 9). If my spouse and I can vaccinate and provide him and his friends that extra bubble of safety, I felt we should. But I don't think that by mentioning that I started that procedure recently that I deserve a prize for it and I don't think the majority of us feel that way. We're just conversating over a popular topic.

Same. I've had people ask me so they can ask what type of side effects I experienced just so they have some idea of what to expect.

See?! They usually ask me first but I totally run with it. :)
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 9,980 Member Member Posts: 9,980 Member
    Scratching your balls in public.. I mean come on 🙈

:s
  • Tigg_erTigg_er Member Posts: 19,713 Member Member Posts: 19,713 Member

ptn1lfutqy34.jpg
  • mpeterslympetersly Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    When my mom calls me, I answer and she's having a conversation with someone else. I say hello when I answer the phone, but she doesn't not respond until 30 seconds later. She called me, I should be the focus.
  • mpeterslympetersly Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    I don't like wet feet. If it's raining, I take several socks and shoes with me so I can change.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 261,065 Member Member, Premium Posts: 261,065 Member
    When people's words don't match their actions.
    edited May 5
  • FabulousFantasticFiftyFabulousFantasticFifty Member Posts: 190,016 Member Member Posts: 190,016 Member
    When on hold for over an hour!! 😖🤳
    When the internet goes out at work and the cable guy is there to fix it and your coworker decides to have a whole long conversation with the cable guy about it.

Uh, coworker, your boss has a client in his office and needs it fixed. Let the man do his job.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 7,000 Member Member Posts: 7,000 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    When the internet goes out at work and the cable guy is there to fix it and your coworker decides to have a whole long conversation with the cable guy about it.

Uh, coworker, your boss has a client in his office and needs it fixed. Let the man do his job.

Yikes, I can relate to this one, in a way. When we had our bathroom redone, dh and the contractor spent 25% of the time yacking about nothing. Then dh complains because it took him so long. Lol Can't wait til he tackles our kitchen. :s
    And they say women are the gabbers. I don't think so!!
  • idontcarrollidontcarroll Member Posts: 208 Member Member Posts: 208 Member
    mpetersly wrote: »
    I don't like wet feet. If it's raining, I take several socks and shoes with me so I can change.

+1. Rain boots are a game changer.
  • honey_honey_12honey_honey_12 Member, Premium Posts: 963 Member Member, Premium Posts: 963 Member
    Beginning to more than irk me,
    my eyes itch so much, all the time.
    More irky at worky. :)

A client sent us some cash and told the boss to use it for a staff lunch type thing. We're ordering in at some point but it was decided to get some food from one of our other clients....who won't charge us.

With this new venture he's a part of, it seems like he's become a bit more obsessed with getting money in than usual. It's his business but...I haven't had a raise in two years (partly my fault....*kitten* comes back to haunt me whenever I want to bring it up and then can't bring it up) and just....spend some money on your staff. Sheesh!
  • JFinn26JFinn26 Member Posts: 675 Member Member Posts: 675 Member
    When there’s a car in front of you that refuses to make a right turn on red even though there’s no traffic coming
  • Analog_KidAnalog_Kid Member Posts: 874 Member Member Posts: 874 Member

Sometimes, ya just gotta...
    tenor.gif
  • Analog_KidAnalog_Kid Member Posts: 874 Member Member Posts: 874 Member
    Beginning to more than irk me,
    my eyes itch so much, all the time.

Don't scratch! (unless @hungrycatapillar21 says it's ok)
  • J_NY_ZJ_NY_Z Member Posts: 2,222 Member Member Posts: 2,222 Member
    This site!