Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• ThoinThoin Member Posts: 703 Member Member Posts: 703 Member
    Elcee2020 wrote: »
    When you get the sense that someone close to you knows something about you but doesn't say anything, just acts differently.

Or like when someone you're close to cheats on you because you won't pay off her loans.
  • Frompumpkin2cinderellaFrompumpkin2cinderella Member Posts: 166 Member Member Posts: 166 Member
    I eat too fast. Way too fast. I just can't enjoy my meals coz I don't like the whole process of eating. I am bored of it :s and need a new hobby :p
  • shredderlivingstrong888shredderlivingstrong888 Member Posts: 31 Member Member Posts: 31 Member
    Walking through spider webs when you don't see them, augh, drives me insane! Hahaha
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 261,111 Member Member, Premium Posts: 261,111 Member
    Walking through spider webs when you don't see them, augh, drives me insane! Hahaha

I always wonder where the spider is 😦
  • Elcee2020Elcee2020 Member Posts: 3,139 Member Member Posts: 3,139 Member

Yes, same. Then for some reason I feel like the are crawling over me. Gives me the shivers😱😄
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 7,031 Member Member Posts: 7,031 Member

Don't want to freak you out but what's that in your hair?
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 261,111 Member Member, Premium Posts: 261,111 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

😂 you're evil Reenie

Im actually not as afraid of a spider I can see as I am about one I can't.
    Its that not knowing exactly where they are 😒
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 7,031 Member Member Posts: 7,031 Member

😂 you're evil Reenie

Awww Jo, you know if we were taking a walk and you walked through a spider web, and there was one dangling from your hair, you know I'd be the first to haul off and smack it. :D In the name of protecting a friend only.
    edited May 13
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 2,287 Member Member Posts: 2,287 Member
    I really really really hate one word replies. Sounds short and I take it as you're done with the conversation so I won't reach out anymore 🤷‍♀️

Ok.
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 19,905 Member Member Posts: 19,905 Member
    I really really really hate one word replies. Sounds short and I take it as you're done with the conversation so I won't reach out anymore 🤷‍♀️

right?
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,314 Member Member Posts: 5,314 Member

Uh huh.

Wait.

DAMN!
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 2,287 Member Member Posts: 2,287 Member
    I usually get a one-word response from my boss when I e-mail him a question that does not have a yes or no answer...
    "Hey Boss, should I do Strategy A or should I do Strategy B?" Answer: "Yes".

😂 you're evil Reenie

Awww Jo, you know if we were taking a walk and you walked through a spider web, and there was one dangling from your hair, you know I'd be the first to haul off and smack it. :D In the name of protecting a friend only.

🤣 I kinda picture you smooshing it on my forehead and then pissing yourself laughing, tears running down your face. 😂
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,314 Member Member Posts: 5,314 Member
    I usually get a one-word response from my boss when I e-mail him a question that does not have a yes or no answer...
    "Hey Boss, should I do Strategy A or should I do Strategy B?" Answer: "Yes".

Or when they don't acknowledge the question at all. It was the most important thing!
  • MelG7777MelG7777 Member Posts: 10,223 Member Member Posts: 10,223 Member

What about replies that go on unnecessarily long? Asking for a friend.
  • MelG7777MelG7777 Member Posts: 10,223 Member Member Posts: 10,223 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »

What about replies that go on unnecessarily long? Asking for a friend.

Oh, I dunno.... sometimes, for the sake of clarity, a detailed reply might be necessary.
    For example: King Henry V was asked a simple question, and his reply was thus:

What’s he that wishes so? My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin. If we are marked to die we are enough to do our country loss. And if to live the fewer men the greater share of Honor God’s will! I pray thee wish not one man more. By Jove I am not covetous for gold nor care I who doth feed upon my cost it yearns me not if men my garments wear such outward things dwell not in my desires. But if it be a sin to covet honor I am the most offending soul alive no faith, my coz, wish not a man from England. God's peace I would not lose so great and an honor as one man more methinks would share from me for the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more! Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host that he which hath no stomach to this fight, let him depart; his passports shall be made and crowns for convoy put into his purse. We would not die in that man’s company that fears his fellowship to die with us. This day is called the feast of Crispian. He that outlives this day and comes safehome, will stand a tiptoe when this day is named and rouse him at the name of Crispian. He that shall see this day, and live old age, will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours and say ‘Tomorrow is Saint Crispian.’ Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars and say ‘These wounds I had on Crispin’s day.’ Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot, but he’ll remember, with advantages, what feats he did that day. Then shall our names, familiar in his mouth as household words- Harry the King Salisbury and Exeter, Erpingham, Westmoreland, and York- be in their flowing cups freshly remember’d. This story shall the good man teach his son; and Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by, from this day to the ending of the world, But we in it shall be remembered-we few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition; and gentlemen in England now-a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day!

However, sometimes a longer, more detailed, discourse is expected, however it's the brevity of the content that makes it more powerful and lasting. A good example of this is Abraham Lincoln's speech on the hallowed grounds of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania ( I believe it was late November in 1863 ). It went like this:

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

I hope this helps.

I'm here to serve.

I’m going to come back to this to read later. Like maybe next week. I did read what you wrote though and am going to take it into consideration. I won’t even read a greeting card in a store if there are too many words. But yet…I do worse than the average long greeting card. By far.