Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 248,229 Member Member Posts: 248,229 Member
    When people continuously press the crosswalk button. There's no need for all that! Twice is acceptable, three times is pushing it, but don't keep pressing it until the light changes!! 🙄

Dis me.

*slaps hand* well, knock it off 😠

😁😆
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,784 Member Member Posts: 4,784 Member
    When people continuously press the crosswalk button. There's no need for all that! Twice is acceptable, three times is pushing it, but don't keep pressing it until the light changes!! 🙄

Oh, I hate when people keep pressing it but I do admit to pressing the button three times in a row for some reason. It's so fast, you'd barely even notice! 😀
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,410 Member Member Posts: 2,410 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    It irks me when I check the tracking and my shipment is going in the wrong direction

How do you ship something from California.... to another place in California.... and the package is currently in.......... Portland Oregon??

Wtf are we doing here

I know we all want to explore the great pacific northwest but for heavens sake

Canadian Amazon once shipped my waterpik out of Toronto (same province as me) to a western province, then it came back east but went to Quebec, returned to Toronto and finally landed on the correct trajectory to get to me. It was baffling watching that thing go back and forth.

Haha, wouldn't it be nice to be as traveled as that water pik? Catch a free ride maybe? :)
    NotSoFat70 wrote: »
    NotSoFat70 wrote: »
    Allergies. Wanted to take the bike out but I was so lethargic all day , I didn't think it was a good idea

I feel ya.. I get like this too. I'm living on antihistamines atm

Oh, bloody boo... Same, but decongestants for me. Anti-H make me feel like I'm on heroin (I've fallen asleep standing up, really) & my skin gets all dried out. For an image, think the crypt keeper on H. < shudder> Trees stink!

I find they just make me a bit tired. I'm not sure what sets it off but I do know when the neighbours Jasmine flowers I'm at my worst 😔

For me, lilacs are the worst, which is too bad because they smell glorious, those li'l choke machines.

I tested negative for allergies. My eyes that are sealed shut and my Nick Nolte voice every spring say otherwise.

Oftentimes we know our bodies better than anyone, licensed or no. And, it's too bad... a walk in the woods would be wonderful, but choking & wheezing & gasping for breath isn't worth it. For me, the toughest part of allergies is others... so many have no understanding or sympathy what so ever... they just get annoyed by it.

Hopefully, we'll all have an easy spring.
    Happy Easter!

Usually, in a case such as testing negative for allergies, it's that one hasn't tested positive for what they were tested for. Leaving a more extensive test needing to be done, as the first set of tests are common allergies.

When I was tested for allergies, I already knew I was allergic to mold, mildew, dust, grass and cat dander. But, had no idea I was allergic to oak trees and a couple of other things I forget. I was told that because my allergies were so severe and most likely causing my sinus problems, they were doing an extensive test instead of the basic ones.

I just wish there was a way to do it where the back didn't itch so bad for so long without scratching it. :lol:

Is it new that they test on the back now? I was tested decades ago, but it was on my forearm.

Allergies can be maddening. I tested positive for everything I was tested for, which was a bit overwhelming.

Luckily, I'm not affected by many allergies, just a couple of medicinal ones so I merely avoid them. BUT my poor dog. She cannot stop scratching, she's developed Hives and nasty reactions she won't leave alone. I had allergy testing done on her a few years ago, and results listed a whole bunch of things. I switched foods they recommended, avoided others and started her on shots. It seemed to be okay for the most part. Once in awhile I see a flare-up but it's manageable. Until the beginning of this past winter. :( Hives around the neck, terrible rashes, losing hair, etc. :( I've talked with both the vets a couple different times and I get the same thing.....allergy tests aren't very accurate. Uh what?? Good thing I've invested so much time and money on this and see it's now not working. :( ATM, she's on antibiotics and anti-itch meds, along with Benadryl and wearing a shirt so she can't reach her armpit. There's got to be a reason for this sudden reaction and refusal for it to go away, but unfortunately, they're not doing vet visits(unless it's deemed an emergency) and certainly no new blood work to do more allergy tests. So my poor dog is stuck. :( And miserable.

Anyways.............
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 248,229 Member Member Posts: 248,229 Member
    Flies and mozzies
  • TarryTaffyTwoTarryTaffyTwo Member Posts: 448 Member Member Posts: 448 Member
    Flies and mozzies

This Mozzie?

68g2xhfp12c0.png

He annoys everyone, but his music is good. :tongue:
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 13,156 Member Member, Premium Posts: 13,156 Member
    This virus bull****.
    SooooooooooooooooooooooIrked
  • Bry_Fitness70Bry_Fitness70 Member Posts: 2,484 Member Member Posts: 2,484 Member

Crosswalk buttons aren't actually wired, they are installed to quell the sense of powerlessness that pedestrians feel- the light just changes according to a preset duration. (I just made that up, but it seems true.)
  • mehshell420mehshell420 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member

Crosswalk buttons aren't actually wired, they are installed to quell the sense of powerlessness that pedestrians feel- the light just changes according to a preset duration. (I just made that up, but it seems true.)

You might be on to something, the countdown to the red hand does tend to start when I reach the light 🤔
    Flies and mozzies

This Mozzie?

68g2xhfp12c0.png

He annoys everyone, but his music is good. :tongue:

😆
    I was laughing out loud over all the memes you guys post here and dh asked what was so funny. So I showed him one. ONE, mind you. He then proceeds to read me over 20 "funny" things he finds on his phone. At best, there might have been one that deserved a slight chuckle. The rest were definitely groaners. PLEASE, do NOT do that. First, I don't like to be read to. Second, they were NOT funny. Third, I was doing my own thing which was making me quite happy. Keep your social distance, which some days means about 3 rooms away. :/
    Oh another irksome thing. My neighbor. :( He's elderly. Yes, this may sound cold but I have no bond with this person. But he thinks we're besties or something. He has absolutely no filter whatsoever, never has had. His beliefs are clearly way out in left field and he's extremely old-school. I feel bad that he's alone and his dds live an hr. away. So I do try to help him out shoveling, mowing, things like that.
    But he won't stop coming over. :( I've told him all about the social distance thing, which he obviously thinks is a ridiculous farce. As I watch him snort and snuffle into his hanky then touch everything. :(
    Cannot wait for it to warm up enough for him to be in his garden and I can run over to chat from a distance rather than allowing him into the house. (Guilt makes me continue to do that :()

Ugh, just venting here. Please don't judge me. :/
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 18,243 Member Member Posts: 18,243 Member
    this type of behavior at the gym:

annoying-photo4.jpg
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Member Posts: 11,623 Member Member Posts: 11,623 Member
    All of these depressing emotional quarantine commercials... 🙄

• TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,120 Member Member Posts: 3,120 Member

There are commercials? Wtf they need to advertise?
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,487 Member Member Posts: 7,487 Member

and with regard to some of those commercials.... Irks me when companies are using this as a marketing opportunity or try to otherwise profit off of the novel of Covid....sounding so sincere too🤨
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Member Posts: 11,623 Member Member Posts: 11,623 Member
    edited April 19

I'm waiting :D

Somethings are better left unsaid... Or at least retracted 😂

Somethings are better left unsaid... Or at least retracted 😂

Whisper it to me ;)