Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• AriesFLAriesFL Member Posts: 810 Member Member Posts: 810 Member
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Cats waking me up super early in the morning.

Butt in the face at 3AM. Tiny hard paws on my squishy body parts while I sleep. Cat chewing on my hair. Cold wet nose shoved into my eye. Yep, sounds familiar. :lol:

Yep lol. Every time is good time to eat. Or one will cry for me not knowing where I am even though I’m in same spot.

Oh, that. Our 12 year old male cat has done that his entire life. I refer to it as "the midnight chorus". :lol:
    Lol yea. This one sounds like a bird chirping. Can’t meow lol.
  • SwannySezSwannySez Member Posts: 5,797 Member Member Posts: 5,797 Member
    When @mspimpernell won’t pose for a picture.
  • TarryTaffyTarryTaffy Member Posts: 883 Member Member Posts: 883 Member
    People taking my photo without my permission

I've had that happen, so I understand.

I've also had others steal my resume. Why? Seriously... why???
  • Darren225gDarren225g Member Posts: 154 Member Member Posts: 154 Member
    When people are zoned out looking at their phones while walking in crowded areas and have no awareness of others and what's around them.
  • TarryTaffyTarryTaffy Member Posts: 883 Member Member Posts: 883 Member
    SwannySez wrote: »
    When @mspimpernell won’t pose for a picture.

I AM smiling!!! I have a resting *kitten* face! 🥴

TarryTaffy wrote: »

I've had that happen, so I understand.

I've also had others steal my resume. Why? Seriously... why???

Identity theft? 😳

No, that wasn't what I was referencing... but sadly, I've had that happen, too. Took 12-yrs to straighten out.
    edited January 12
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Member Posts: 10,350 Member Member Posts: 10,350 Member
    When there is a little sleet and barely a dusting of snow in my area and all the locally owned restaurants and stores post on facebook "we're shutting down for the day friends, safety first".

Come on! It's not a blizzard. And we're in the Midwest so we DO get snow/ice every winter. Obnoxious.
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 18,242 Member Member Posts: 18,242 Member
    When there is a little sleet and barely a dusting of snow in my area and all the locally owned restaurants and stores post on facebook "we're shutting down for the day friends, safety first".

Come on! It's not a blizzard. And we're in the Midwest so we DO get snow/ice every winter. Obnoxious.

I can't even spell Blizerd
  • ythannahythannah Member Posts: 3,334 Member Member Posts: 3,334 Member

.. people blocking aisles with their carts and/or bodies in busy grocery stores. YOU AREN'T THE ONLY PERSON SHOPPING TODAY, KAREN!!

People who wander around browsing a smaller department store, where the aisles are just a little wider than a cart, with an empty cart. Just in case....???

The other day I was in the checkout queue with a woman whose cart held a pair of shorts, a 5x7 photo frame, and a pack of dishcloths. Her husband was with her, I'm sure he could have carried a couple of those items if she couldn't manage.
  • isalsayourface123isalsayourface123 Member Posts: 2,153 Member Member Posts: 2,153 Member
    When someone stops me mid run to ask me how much longer the trail is. :|
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 18,242 Member Member Posts: 18,242 Member

Don't stop moving; just say "not far."

• isalsayourface123isalsayourface123 Member Posts: 2,153 Member Member Posts: 2,153 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Don't stop moving; just say "not far."

I've tried that...some literally continue to wave me down to continue asking the same thing over and over. Now ...I avert my eyes. Pretend I dont hear or see anything...but I feel like a jerk :#
  • JetJaguarJetJaguar Member Posts: 792 Member Member Posts: 792 Member
    When you are driving along on a multi-lane road and either you come across a slower car, or a faster car comes up from behind, and in either case when they get along side your rear wheel they match your pace and just sit in your blind spot.
  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Member, Premium Posts: 1,741 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,741 Member
    I will always have to check myself (some days better than others) when grocery checkout workers ask if I want all of the less than ten (small and well sealed) items in the one bag that I brought with me. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!ARE YOU BLANKETY KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!

The "disagree" is obviously a grocery store employee 😂 I stand by my thought and will expand on it:
    I have had on more than one occasion fewer than ten small items put into multiple plastic bags (those trips when I forget to bring my reusables). I am never going to NOT react to that and do not care how loud I get about it. It just makes no sense, especially when the vast majority of items are safety sealed in such ways you need construction tools to open them when you get them home! I'd have to heave my bags against a wall to breach them for crying out loud! I am always going to be irked when I am in a busy store and see a large number of checkout stations NOT operating!! I do not care whether there is one or a hundred people in the store, all checkouts should be open all the time. I will never stray from that view, even in the face of annoyed looks of people trying to get around blocked aisles. HEY! Not my fault, there are nine closed checkouts!!! And the associate who leaves the area to walk up to me in a line caused by all the closed checkouts on either side of me to suggest that I move to that area TOTALLY DEFEATS THE IDEA OF SELF-CHECK OUT and will always draw an irked reaction from me! I always refuse! I won't do "self-checkout" until and unless the other checkouts are either always open or removed. Lastly, don't talk to me about home delivery. I did that last year during the early phases of recovery my hip replacements before I could drive. More often than not my orders were wrong or incomplete thus irking me! Today, I don't want or need any extra reasons to stay home when I am healthier and moving better, thank you.
    So ends this thought. I am now stepping off this irksome soapbox. Have fun scrolling and disagreeing!!
  • zeekngreatnesszeekngreatness Member Posts: 68 Member Member Posts: 68 Member

Creep status 📸
  • thereshegoesagainthereshegoesagain Member Posts: 983 Member Member Posts: 983 Member
    Oh another thing that irks me. Having a date late cancel plans back to back nights. So much for first dates. Don’t think I will pursue a date with this one lol.

She isn't worthy of you. You'll find the one who is.