Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• J_NY_ZJ_NY_Z Member Posts: 1,683 Member Member Posts: 1,683 Member
    The user experience of this site, it's horrendous and irks me.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 12,920 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12,920 Member
    When people refuse to stop talking about politics and other controversial topics even though the Community Guidelines say not to.
    What? You just can’t control yourself?
    Geez 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 17,949 Member Member Posts: 17,949 Member
    When people post comments that don’t have anything to do with the thread subject.

Tacos shouldn't be limited to Tuesdays.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 12,920 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12,920 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    When people post comments that don’t have anything to do with the thread subject.

Tacos shouldn't be limited to Tuesdays.

😂😂😂
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 7,936 Member Member Posts: 7,936 Member
    When people refuse to stop talking about politics and other controversial topics even though the Community Guidelines say not to.
    What? You just can’t control yourself?
    Geez 🤦🏼‍♀️

Hey now, I've been good! :lol:
  • mehshell420mehshell420 Member Posts: 664 Member Member Posts: 664 Member
    When lids get separated from the matching container
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,196 Member Member Posts: 2,196 Member
    Neighbors who throw a wild party until 11:00 at night and around 10:00 shot off fireworks. It seriously sounded like they had their own DJ there and the bass was enough that our whole neighborhood was bouncing. Then I go into our backyard this a.m. and find spent fireworks. So surprised no one called the cops on them because half our neighborhood is older people.

I'm soooo tired.
  • FoolishJoyFoolishJoy Member Posts: 136 Member Member Posts: 136 Member
    r1q0zbk7t44v.jpg

Zoe on Sesame Street.
    FoolishJoy wrote: »
    r1q0zbk7t44v.jpg

Zoe on Sesame Street.

Hahaha! 😂
  • cycle_queencycle_queen Member Posts: 49 Member Member Posts: 49 Member
    A dirty floor
  • E_ValE_Val Member Posts: 27 Member Member Posts: 27 Member
    When my headset disconnects randomly while i'm playing a video game. So frustration when I am in multiplayer!
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 7,936 Member Member Posts: 7,936 Member
    Losing and gaining the same 5lbs over every month, even while counting calories and daily walking. Might as well just not try anymore. Yeesh.
  • PlentyofProtein00PlentyofProtein00 Member Posts: 1,770 Member Member Posts: 1,770 Member
    Losing and gaining the same 5lbs over every month, even while counting calories and daily walking. Might as well just not try anymore. Yeesh.

Dont let the scale dictate your success. Take progress pics? Compare...you'll be amazed at small changes you see even when the scale refuses to budge. Set small nsv goals each week and celebrate those. Its what I've had to do otherwise I would've given up too.
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,115 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,115 MFP Moderator
    ^^^ stronglifts 5x5 is a nice, whole body, intro lifting program. You should be able to start out with dumbells if you have any

^^^ stronglifts 5x5 is a nice, whole body, intro lifting program. You should be able to start out with dumbells if you have any

I'll look into it. We have adjustable weights, so I should be good. Thanks!
    Oh, another thing to add on to my frustration: Being a woman. The hormonal fluctuations women have every month mask weight loss for sometimes, weeks... and that is definitely true for me. I just inexplicably gain 4-5 pounds overnight by doing NOTHING different... just because.. woman. UGH.

And then it takes weeks for it to go away. So disheartening and frustrating. Men have it so easy comparatively. :tongue:
    edited June 23
  • PlentyofProtein00PlentyofProtein00 Member Posts: 1,770 Member Member Posts: 1,770 Member

Dont let the scale dictate your success. Take progress pics? Compare...you'll be amazed at small changes you see even when the scale refuses to budge. Set small nsv goals each week and celebrate those. Its what I've had to do otherwise I would've given up too.

The problem is that most people seem to hit my stage somewhere in the middle of their journey, not when they start out. I am overweight (probably in the obese category by BMI standards) and the numbers will not budge. I walk, I log, I weigh food and I just consistently stay within the same range. And that is even after moving my calorie goal a bunch of times (from 1800, to 1200, to 1350 to 1500). Calculations say I *should* lose a pound a week at 1500, so that's what I've stuck with. My measurements have changed ever so slightly, but my clothes feel tighter than they did when I weighed 4lb more and was an inch bigger around.

I'm just very disheartened because I've been doing this rigamarole for over 4 years with no luck getting down beyond 200. Weight loss/inch loss was NEVER this hard before I had a child.. and was never this hard until I hit 30. It just.. UGH, it sucks.

My current goal is to walk 5 times weekly for at least 3.5 miles. Eventually, I'd like to get it up to 5 miles x 5 times a week, but the humidity and heat here is killer (it gets better after August). Also, our gym is closed (still) and so are all the pools, so.. no swimming, which bums me out.

I think honestly, I probably need to work on strength building so my body has more muscle to burn more fat, but with swimming not an option and the row machine inaccessible, I haven't run across a strength training bit I really enjoy as much. I guess I could try and up my push-up game (since I can't do one anymore).

I'll figure it out, but it's just so *kitten* frustrating. Especially being surrounded by success stories and people who are skinnier than I am and eat whatever the *kitten* they want to.

I really do get it. Hang in there. Stick to that 1500 calorie range making sure you log every bite. And keep up getting steps in. I listened to a podcast recently and the things that stuck with me were

1. Getting in at least 10,000 steps was very important to weight loss...her example was you do one workout a day...then are sedentary...doesnt do you mich good...move as much as you can...10 000 being a avg starting point

2. Track every calorie...if you're in a deficit you will lose weight. May be slow. But you'll lose.

I'm still a work in progress and how you've described your journey has been mine from day 1.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,196 Member Member Posts: 2,196 Member
    I want different things to eat or snack on but it's too hot to eat or cook. And heat makes me sluggish and lazy. I need my own personal cabana boy. And chef. Oh woe is me.
  • activities1activities1 Member Posts: 3,454 Member Member Posts: 3,454 Member
    Lazy people... dumb people... late people.... maybe it’s just people?! 🤣
    It irks me when the toilet seat is left up and you fall into it in middle of the night!