Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• Keef75Keef75 Member, Premium Posts: 546 Member Member, Premium Posts: 546 Member
    Rudeness.... irks me would be putting in mildly...absolutely no need for it...
  • jamlochejamloche Member Posts: 53 Member Member Posts: 53 Member
    It irks me that the self-serve gas pumps wait until AFTER I pump the gas to ask me about a reciept. It seems to me that the best time for conversation is during the awkward silence waiting for the tank to fill.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,242 Member Member Posts: 2,242 Member
    This is probably so very wrong of me, BUT I'm not liking seeing men naked from the waist up. And I am not talking about guys with the physique for it but overweight older men. :( That's terrible of me, isn't it?? :( At least slap on an unbuttoned shirt or something. I know it's hot. I wish I could go shirtless but I can't. Maybe I'm just jealous? :/ Or just do it within the comfort of your own home/backyard.
    edited June 24
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 12,938 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12,938 Member
    I can’t stand loose sheets.
    I like the bottom fitted sheet to be stretched tight.
  • jamlochejamloche Member Posts: 53 Member Member Posts: 53 Member
    It irks me when I get a document that was typed using the program's default font. Grow up and make a choice, for crying out loud! And know that I'm judging you if you choose a weak sans-serif font ... looking at you, MFP
  • J_NY_ZJ_NY_Z Member Posts: 1,698 Member Member Posts: 1,698 Member
    MFPs programmers irk me. Hey some aspect of the site doesn't work correctly today, just like to 1000 days before. Luckily MFP isn't a site where you rely on the support of others to succeed. Who's running this place?
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,743 Member Member Posts: 4,743 Member
    When people click on a thread and comment without reading the whole thread.
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 1,909 Member Member Posts: 1,909 Member
    When I go to a restaurant and order a pricey plate of chicken salad, only to be hungry again within an hour or so.

Should get something more filling for that price 🤷‍♀️
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    When I go to a restaurant and order a pricey plate of chicken salad, only to be hungry again within an hour or so.

Should get something more filling for that price 🤷‍♀️

That's when you order one of those huge chocolate ice cream fudgy brownie desserts that you're supposed to share with others but end up eating it all by yourself. Then you won't be hungry again for maybe 2 hours. :)
    glassyo wrote: »
    When people click on a thread and comment without reading the whole thread.

I have to admit I've done that occasionally when the thread has somehow reached 100 pages and I'm just now finding it. :/
  • Hanibanani2020Hanibanani2020 Member Posts: 523 Member Member Posts: 523 Member
    Mouldy strawberries at the bottom of a newly bought punnet.
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 1,909 Member Member Posts: 1,909 Member
    Whomever is in-charge of Levi’s sizing..... wow, screws all the way loose.

you can get the same style shorts, just in different colour but they will fit completely different. That brand is special.
  • JustCallMeWhateverJustCallMeWhatever Member Posts: 125 Member Member Posts: 125 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Whomever is in-charge of Levi’s sizing..... wow, screws all the way loose.

you can get the same style shorts, just in different colour but they will fit completely different. That brand is special.

Lol thats funny. I thought I was the only one
  • zeroizmezeroizme Member Posts: 16 Member Member Posts: 16 Member
    The fact that arrogance and ignorance are so mutually inclusive. Only a true intellectual realizes that they themselves know nothing. :)
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,801 Member Member Posts: 3,801 Member
    When I've no place to put recyclables except the trash, when I am away via home & thus I must take it home, to recycle it.

Also when my apartment's maintenance'd have to put recyclables into the trash via the recycling, to keep it from overflowing because the recycling didn't come by enough, to empty it.

Recycling issues drive me nuts too, I went ballistic when I had to have my Walmart Pick-up bagged (can't walk well right now) and there were about 50 plastic bags, not only were there empty bags in the trunk, all the produce bags were tied in knots, then I pulled out a package of sausages triple-bagged with produce bags in it's own plastic bag. They made the mistake of asking me for a review.
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,801 Member Member Posts: 3,801 Member
    People that eat popcorn with their mouths open at the theater, I'm going to snap one of these days and strangle you.
  • cgcdavis7cgcdavis7 Member Posts: 70 Member Member Posts: 70 Member
    The fact that toasters have a setting to burn the mess out of toast and possibly start a fire.
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    This is probably so very wrong of me, BUT I'm not liking seeing men naked from the waist up. And I am not talking about guys with the physique for it but overweight older men. :( That's terrible of me, isn't it?? :( At least slap on an unbuttoned shirt or something. I know it's hot. I wish I could go shirtless but I can't. Maybe I'm just jealous? :/ Or just do it within the comfort of your own home/backyard.

Yeah that's messed up to judge any physique that doesn't fit your standard of beauty and acceptance. Look the other way.
  • Hanibanani2020Hanibanani2020 Member Posts: 523 Member Member Posts: 523 Member
    cgcdavis7 wrote: »
    The fact that toasters have a setting to burn the mess out of toast and possibly start a fire.
    Burnt toast is where it’s at though
    cgcdavis7 wrote: »
    Burnt toast is where it’s at though

Gross 😝.