Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• GymGoddessGoalsGymGoddessGoals Member Posts: 1,119 Member Member Posts: 1,119 Member
    dts_90 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    dts_90 wrote: »
    I work in a call centre in a pretty demanding department where emotions run high - although I'm sure they don't mean to, I can't stand it when a customer forgets they are talking to a person on the phone - with thoughts and feelings.

Don't take it personally!! People aren't used to talking to real people on the phone much anymore. :/

I remember some religious folks come in and talk with us a few times. I asked them how do they handle rejection at the door and they told me they don't take it personally because if their car were to break down in front of their house, they'd probably be right there trying to help out.

Oh absolutally, don't get me wrong I'm really thick skinned, been doing it now for about 10 years and you have to shrug off a lot of conversations. I suppose it's more the people that rather than taking it out of the company, would prefer to personally attack the person they are speaking to out of spite/anger.

I would say much like the internet, the phone allows people to behave in ways that most would not behave in person. Much like a text, the lack of facial expressions lead to assumption of tone a lot of times. Does it excuse their bad behavior; not even a little bit. Respect to you because that is not a job that I would be very good at doing.
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 1,795 Member Member Posts: 1,795 Member
    When people ask if my eyes are real.
    I’m not a poser of course they’re real.

• KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 7,911 Member Member Posts: 7,911 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    When people ask if my eyes are real.
    I’m not a poser of course they’re real.

I'm hoping they meant your eye color and not your actual eyes. :lol:
  • fstricklfstrickl Member Posts: 262 Member Member Posts: 262 Member
    Chewing and drinking and slurping noises. But I also learned that this is actually a thing! It's called "misophonia". NPR has an interesting article on it too, but here is a shorter one from Time. Admittedly, I just get irritated, not thrown into full blown rage. I will throw you the stank eye though if your mouth noises are excessive.
    https://time.com/4659308/misophonia-noisy-eating-science/
    When clothing brands change their sizings without giving a heads up.

• will_it_go_round_in_circleswill_it_go_round_in_circles Member Posts: 437 Member Member Posts: 437 Member
    When my favorite shirts start getting those little fuzz balls all over
  • killin_tymekillin_tyme Member Posts: 93 Member Member Posts: 93 Member
    Panty lines
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 12,536 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12,536 Member
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 1,784 Member Member Posts: 1,784 Member
    Clothes that just don't last anymore. For that matter, anything that breaks down way before it should.
  • outdoorsy_eco_minimalistoutdoorsy_eco_minimalist Member Posts: 342 Member Member Posts: 342 Member
    Finding wraps and dirty dishes laying around along with laundry.
  • will_it_go_round_in_circleswill_it_go_round_in_circles Member Posts: 437 Member Member Posts: 437 Member
    Finding wraps and dirty dishes laying around along with laundry.

Smile, it's their special way of saying they love you and all you do and don't want you to be bored.
    Canadian taxes are ******* me off. Like today just did it for me.
    For one pair of shorts
    $69.00

Shipping... $13.00
    Tax...$10.66

edited July 8
  • RAinWARAinWA Member Posts: 1,712 Member Member Posts: 1,712 Member
    I met the self-appointed Queen of Jerks today who insisted she was entitled to question my life.

No, you don't get to ask personal questions about me or my husband and no I do not have to justify myself to you. Just go live your miserable, meddling life and leave me alone.

Can you tell I was not happy? :smiley:
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 17,783 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 17,783 MFP Moderator
    When people cuss in their reports, it's just rude. And oh yeah, it's just embarrassing when you are wrong....
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 1,784 Member Member Posts: 1,784 Member
    @RAinWA I have a neighbor who meddles in everyone's lives. It is SO aggravating and drives me crazy. Difference is he's 87 so probably figures he can do it using the age card. He's always been known as the 'mayor' of our street. He knows everybody and what goes on in their lives. He's told me many times, either before he asks me a personal question or after, that it's probably not his business and I tell him 'no, it isn't'. He'll ask me questions about the neighbors and I just say 'I don't know, it's not my business.'
    I could go on and on about this guy but there'd be no stopping me. :/ And it doesn't slightly irk me, it's a whole lotta irk, from his personal questions to his racist bigoted comments to his comments about me gaining weight to his own personal information about his colostomy. NO FILTER whatsoever.
    edited July 9
  • melissatwillmelissatwill Member Posts: 246 Member Member Posts: 246 Member
    When people assume they know my intent- when in reality they are not even close, but too stubborn to even consider the possibility that they’re wrong!
  • JetJaguarJetJaguar Member Posts: 786 Member Member Posts: 786 Member
    The way my in-laws (who live with us) will ask for help but absolutely refuse to take any advice, then get mad at you for not helping them.

Most recent example: they are trying to make steamed buns, but the dough is coming out thin and dense, more like a dumpling than a light and fluffy bun. So they asked my daughter to watch for what they are doing wrong because she is a pretty skilled baker. She told them that they need to proof the yeast and give the dough time to rise. They responded "But we don't want to do that. What else?" and she was just like "There's nothing else. That's whats wrong with the dough."

So now they're mad at her for not helping, and she's mad at them for not listening, and they're mad at me for raising an ungrateful daughter, and I'm irritated with the whole thing because (once again) they didn't even try to do what she told them and I don't even know what they are expecting.
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 7,911 Member Member Posts: 7,911 Member
    @RAinWA I have a neighbor who meddles in everyone's lives. It is SO aggravating and drives me crazy. Difference is he's 87 so probably figures he can do it using the age card. He's always been known as the 'mayor' of our street. He knows everybody and what goes on in their lives. He's told me many times, either before he asks me a personal question or after, that it's probably not his business and I tell him 'no, it isn't'. He'll ask me questions about the neighbors and I just say 'I don't know, it's not my business.'
    I could go on and on about this guy but there'd be no stopping me. :/ And it doesn't slightly irk me, it's a whole lotta irk, from his personal questions to his racist bigoted comments to his comments about me gaining weight to his own personal information about his colostomy. NO FILTER whatsoever.

Is this the rude old SOB you mentioned before in a different post? The one that likes to comment on people's weight?
  • RAinWARAinWA Member Posts: 1,712 Member Member Posts: 1,712 Member

Well, he sounds like a terrible neighbor to have! Fortunately, my encounter was a short one at the doctor office. Ms. Jerk felt like she had the right to loudly question why I needed to accompany my husband to a medical appointment since "he doesn't look disabled." I told her to mind her own business and she started in on the poor receptionist about why her husband had to wait in the car when I was allowed in. The receptionist told her it was none of her concern and got us into an exam room.

I really wanted to throw a pen at Ms. Jerk as we left the room, but I am more mature than than. (sometimes)
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,671 Member Member Posts: 3,671 Member
    People who walk in front of you in the produce department and don't say excuse me when yanking a plastic bag in front of your face. My temper can't handle rudeness right now, I'm snapping at these people and it's always at Winco! Speaking of Winco, if you drop 5 peppers on the floor, squat your lazy butt down and pick them up, the people working in the department have enough to deal with without your BS. People in stores are either super awesome or jerks right now.

People who cut you off in the fast lane, go 20 miles under the speed limit, and don't turn at the next light.

People who eat with their mouths open eating popcorn in the movie theater. Off with your head! I just read today that there's a genetic test to find out if you hate hearing chewing, my family totally has this!

Whiny kids, we used to get smacked for whining so it drives me nuts when kids whine now and takes everything in me to stay calm.

People who pretend their chihuahua is a service dog. And before you say kids in dirty diapers are allowed in those carts, they shouldn't be in just their poopy diapers in carts either. Yes I'm a pet owner, no I'm not a mom. So what, gross is gross.

When my doctor's office calls and they say it's "Assoshiates" instead of "Associates", every month it's a different woman and they all say it wrong. ASSOOSSIATES. Is it that freaking hard to pronounce? Yeah, my mom still corrects me if I mispronounce something I've read, LOL!