Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

15681011115

Replies

  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 13,211 Member Member, Premium Posts: 13,211 Member
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    ants in the kitchen 🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜

    I haven't seen any ants, but just moved to FL & have twice seen critters the size of a poodle in my house. The 6-ft black snake who planted himself outside on my patio must have chased them in.

    I'm not countrified enough, but have learned to stifle my girl screams. :(

    Oh my. Critters stay outside thank you very much! When I visited Florida a million years ago, I remember seeing the geckos everywhere, they were pretty cool because in Vt. we really don't get them. But other critters you can keep to yourself, especially snakes.

    I understand. I'm in the Tampa area now (more black snakes here than anything, but they're not poisonous), but when I lived on the other coast in Boca Raton, the millions of lizards were frightening. It's actually an epidemic there.
    AriesFL wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    ants in the kitchen 🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜

    I haven't seen any ants, but just moved to FL & have twice seen critters the size of a poodle in my house. The 6-ft black snake who planted himself outside on my patio must have chased them in.

    I'm not countrified enough, but have learned to stifle my girl screams. :(

    I had little roaches I had to take care of when I moved here. At least the apartment has free pest control.

    Yes, I think that's a FL thing... free pest control. I have asthma, so I wouldn't want them to spray unless it's dire, but, I'm on the 1st floor... every time I open the patio door, I have to be careful bees, snakes, insects don't come running in. Going to Home Depot for a flame thrower with my 20% off coupon. :smile:

    My complex is brand new, so thankfully, nothing seems to have imbedded itself indoors yet, which is good. I'm very squeamish.
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    ants in the kitchen 🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜

    I haven't seen any ants, but just moved to FL & have twice seen critters the size of a poodle in my house. The 6-ft black snake who planted himself outside on my patio must have chased them in.

    I'm not countrified enough, but have learned to stifle my girl screams. :(

    That’s how I felt when I first moved down too lol ..I have brown spiders in the house every now n then people tell me they are safe like what freakin spider is safe 😑

    Lol. Oh... spiders are the worst. < shudder >

    I'm in FL and mountain bike at night. When I first started riding at night, I noticed the trails were covered with these little, emerald-green sparkly things. At first I thought they were some kind of crystal, like how granite has bits of quartz in it, but the trails are all sand so there shouldn't be any stone like that. So I stopped and got close at one, and it was a giant wolf spider. The green was my lights reflecting back from it's eyes.

    AARGH! The trails are covered with spiders! Literally hundreds and hundreds of them! And those are just the ones looking at me!

    giphy.gif

    Note to Self: Pack & leave FL today. G'bye critters.

    That is a horror story in the making. Which part of FL has creepy green-eyed wolf spiders? Mid-central?

    Oh & do you still bike at night & if so, how has this changed what you do? Do you only wear long pants/sleeves now? How can you ride while screeching?

    Yes, I'm in the Orlando area and I still ride at night in the winter (too many bugs in the summer). I've gotten used to the wolf spiders, their sparkly eyes kind of look cool. They have this brilliant, scintillating sort of property to them, like a spot from a laser pointer.

    The ones I really hate are the banana spiders. The biggest ones are as big as the palm of your hand, though most are "only" 1-2 inches across. They come out at sunset and spin their web across the trail, then sit in the middle right at face level. I wear clear safety glasses mainly because of them. One time I came around a corner and crashed right through one. Stopped and slapped myself all over, as you do when you run into a web. I thought I was clean and started riding again, about a hundred yards later the spider ran across my glasses! Must have been lodged in my helmet or something.

    BTW, the Ocala Mountain Bike Association's logo is a banana spider, and for good reason.

    My son races night rides in the summer here in OK.
    He said the guys in front clear out the webs, lol.
    I doubt they’re the same kind of spiders but arachnids in the face are gross no matter what they are!
  • JetJaguarJetJaguar Member Posts: 793 Member Member Posts: 793 Member
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    ants in the kitchen 🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜

    I haven't seen any ants, but just moved to FL & have twice seen critters the size of a poodle in my house. The 6-ft black snake who planted himself outside on my patio must have chased them in.

    I'm not countrified enough, but have learned to stifle my girl screams. :(

    Oh my. Critters stay outside thank you very much! When I visited Florida a million years ago, I remember seeing the geckos everywhere, they were pretty cool because in Vt. we really don't get them. But other critters you can keep to yourself, especially snakes.

    I understand. I'm in the Tampa area now (more black snakes here than anything, but they're not poisonous), but when I lived on the other coast in Boca Raton, the millions of lizards were frightening. It's actually an epidemic there.
    AriesFL wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    ants in the kitchen 🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜

    I haven't seen any ants, but just moved to FL & have twice seen critters the size of a poodle in my house. The 6-ft black snake who planted himself outside on my patio must have chased them in.

    I'm not countrified enough, but have learned to stifle my girl screams. :(

    I had little roaches I had to take care of when I moved here. At least the apartment has free pest control.

    Yes, I think that's a FL thing... free pest control. I have asthma, so I wouldn't want them to spray unless it's dire, but, I'm on the 1st floor... every time I open the patio door, I have to be careful bees, snakes, insects don't come running in. Going to Home Depot for a flame thrower with my 20% off coupon. :smile:

    My complex is brand new, so thankfully, nothing seems to have imbedded itself indoors yet, which is good. I'm very squeamish.
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    ants in the kitchen 🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜

    I haven't seen any ants, but just moved to FL & have twice seen critters the size of a poodle in my house. The 6-ft black snake who planted himself outside on my patio must have chased them in.

    I'm not countrified enough, but have learned to stifle my girl screams. :(

    That’s how I felt when I first moved down too lol ..I have brown spiders in the house every now n then people tell me they are safe like what freakin spider is safe 😑

    Lol. Oh... spiders are the worst. < shudder >

    I'm in FL and mountain bike at night. When I first started riding at night, I noticed the trails were covered with these little, emerald-green sparkly things. At first I thought they were some kind of crystal, like how granite has bits of quartz in it, but the trails are all sand so there shouldn't be any stone like that. So I stopped and got close at one, and it was a giant wolf spider. The green was my lights reflecting back from it's eyes.

    AARGH! The trails are covered with spiders! Literally hundreds and hundreds of them! And those are just the ones looking at me!

    giphy.gif

    Note to Self: Pack & leave FL today. G'bye critters.

    That is a horror story in the making. Which part of FL has creepy green-eyed wolf spiders? Mid-central?

    Oh & do you still bike at night & if so, how has this changed what you do? Do you only wear long pants/sleeves now? How can you ride while screeching?

    Yes, I'm in the Orlando area and I still ride at night in the winter (too many bugs in the summer). I've gotten used to the wolf spiders, their sparkly eyes kind of look cool. They have this brilliant, scintillating sort of property to them, like a spot from a laser pointer.

    The ones I really hate are the banana spiders. The biggest ones are as big as the palm of your hand, though most are "only" 1-2 inches across. They come out at sunset and spin their web across the trail, then sit in the middle right at face level. I wear clear safety glasses mainly because of them. One time I came around a corner and crashed right through one. Stopped and slapped myself all over, as you do when you run into a web. I thought I was clean and started riding again, about a hundred yards later the spider ran across my glasses! Must have been lodged in my helmet or something.

    BTW, the Ocala Mountain Bike Association's logo is a banana spider, and for good reason.

    My son races night rides in the summer here in OK.
    He said the guys in front clear out the webs, lol.
    I doubt they’re the same kind of spiders but arachnids in the face are gross no matter what they are!

    The worst time to ride around here is first thing in the morning because you clear out all the webs that have accumulated overnight. After a morning ride, your bike can end up looking like it's been hanging in the rafters of a barn. :)

    At least banana spiders are docile. I've heard their bite is like a bee sting, but it's very rare for them to bite someone. I've crashed through many of their webs and have never been bitten myself, and don't know anyone who has.
    edited January 16
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 13,211 Member Member, Premium Posts: 13,211 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    I don't enjoy oranges putting their seeds in me.

    Are you afraid they’ll grow?
  • s131951s131951 Member Posts: 3,721 Member Member Posts: 3,721 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    I don't enjoy oranges putting their seeds in me.

    Are you afraid they’ll grow?

    maybe. . .
  • s131951s131951 Member Posts: 3,721 Member Member Posts: 3,721 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    I don't enjoy oranges putting their seeds in me.

    Being impregnated by oranges is a thing now.

    *kitten*.
  • s131951s131951 Member Posts: 3,721 Member Member Posts: 3,721 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    s131951 wrote: »
    I don't enjoy oranges putting their seeds in me.

    Being impregnated by oranges is a thing now.

    *kitten*.

    ucui0qkkkass.gif

    Your offspring :o

    No facial hair or large calves?
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 248,565 Member Member Posts: 248,565 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    s131951 wrote: »
    s131951 wrote: »
    I don't enjoy oranges putting their seeds in me.

    Being impregnated by oranges is a thing now.

    *kitten*.

    ucui0qkkkass.gif

    Your offspring :o

    No facial hair or large calves?

    Apparently not.. 😂
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Member Posts: 10,358 Member Member Posts: 10,358 Member
    It irks me when teachers call their students "kiddos" especially if the students are in their teens and older, and/or have developmental disabilities.
  • LiftNRiotLiftNRiot Member Posts: 464 Member Member Posts: 464 Member
    Mosquitos. Little *kitten*
  • kali31337kali31337 Member, Premium Posts: 949 Member Member, Premium Posts: 949 Member
    When I go to buy something online and the my card is on the other side of the room and I have to go get it...like WHY can't I memorize these numbers already??
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,506 Member Member Posts: 2,506 Member
    kali31337 wrote: »
    When I go to buy something online and the my card is on the other side of the room and I have to go get it...like WHY can't I memorize these numbers already??

    Yeh really, you'd think all the shopping during the holidays I'd have those numbers right in my little brain but can't get past the 1st 4. :/
    Neurons just don't connect like they used to.
  • bz2018bz2018 Member Posts: 143 Member Member Posts: 143 Member
    Bad grammar and SMS language. Lol.
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,120 Member Member Posts: 3,120 Member
    LiftNRiot wrote: »
    bz2018 wrote: »
    Bad grammar and SMS language. Lol.

    wut u mean? Ur sure bout this? Their gunna like dis

  • bz2018bz2018 Member Posts: 143 Member Member Posts: 143 Member
    Damn trolls 😂
Sign In or Register to comment.