Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

1969799101102107

Replies

  • J_NY_ZJ_NY_Z Member Posts: 1,753 Member Member Posts: 1,753 Member
    The term "natty" and "bro"

    Dear god almighty....
  • ehju0901ehju0901 Member Posts: 70 Member Member Posts: 70 Member
    Common one, but listening to people chew/drink.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,440 Member Member Posts: 2,440 Member
    I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE THROWING THEIR TRASH EVERYWHERE!!! OOps, wrong topic, shoulda been say it out loud. But dang it, come on people. Don't be such pigs okay?? Our state just banned single use plastic bags in the grocery stores. You either pay .10 for a paper bag or buy reusable bags or bring your own. It's a good step in the right direction. BUT not when you see all the trash people throw. Lazy and despicable. This a.m. I found a garbage bag filled with plastic bags of dog poop. Among a whole bunch of other schtuff. People probably see me out there and think I'm scavenging for all those returnable cans and bottles, making a mint at a nickel apiece. :/

    My niece asked me 'doesn't it feel good to know you're doing something to help the earth?' I said 'a little, but not when I think about all the slobs chucking all their trash for someone else to clean up'.

    Sorry, this is now my latest and greatest pet peeve. :blush:
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,290 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,290 MFP Moderator
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Utoh I used an LOL this a.m. because at the moment it fit and it's all my simple mind could come up with before I finished my coffee.
    I'm better now. LMFAO

    see, now this deserves and LOL <---- And I actually mean it, thats no fake LOL right there.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,440 Member Member Posts: 2,440 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE THROWING THEIR TRASH EVERYWHERE!!! OOps, wrong topic, shoulda been say it out loud. But dang it, come on people. Don't be such pigs okay?? Our state just banned single use plastic bags in the grocery stores. You either pay .10 for a paper bag or buy reusable bags or bring your own. It's a good step in the right direction. BUT not when you see all the trash people throw. Lazy and despicable. This a.m. I found a garbage bag filled with plastic bags of dog poop. Among a whole bunch of other schtuff. People probably see me out there and think I'm scavenging for all those returnable cans and bottles, making a mint at a nickel apiece. :/

    My niece asked me 'doesn't it feel good to know you're doing something to help the earth?' I said 'a little, but not when I think about all the slobs chucking all their trash for someone else to clean up'.

    Sorry, this is now my latest and greatest pet peeve. :blush:

    True Story

    A couple of years ago, on a Saturday morning, I found a middle aged guy asleep in my front yard with an empty can of beer still in his grasp.

    Someone called the police and the officer asked me if I wanted to press charges.

    Instead of pressing charges, I gave the guy a cold Gatorade and listened to him tell the cop that he was so angry with his wife that he took a walk with a beer. He became tired and found his way into my front yard and promptly fell asleep.

    I regard bodies in my front yard as art installations.

    Was the beer can redeemable and who got to keep the nickel?? That's the burning question.
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 18,301 Member Member Posts: 18,301 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE THROWING THEIR TRASH EVERYWHERE!!! OOps, wrong topic, shoulda been say it out loud. But dang it, come on people. Don't be such pigs okay?? Our state just banned single use plastic bags in the grocery stores. You either pay .10 for a paper bag or buy reusable bags or bring your own. It's a good step in the right direction. BUT not when you see all the trash people throw. Lazy and despicable. This a.m. I found a garbage bag filled with plastic bags of dog poop. Among a whole bunch of other schtuff. People probably see me out there and think I'm scavenging for all those returnable cans and bottles, making a mint at a nickel apiece. :/

    My niece asked me 'doesn't it feel good to know you're doing something to help the earth?' I said 'a little, but not when I think about all the slobs chucking all their trash for someone else to clean up'.

    Sorry, this is now my latest and greatest pet peeve. :blush:

    True Story

    A couple of years ago, on a Saturday morning, I found a middle aged guy asleep in my front yard with an empty can of beer still in his grasp.

    Someone called the police and the officer asked me if I wanted to press charges.

    Instead of pressing charges, I gave the guy a cold Gatorade and listened to him tell the cop that he was so angry with his wife that he took a walk with a beer. He became tired and found his way into my front yard and promptly fell asleep.

    I regard bodies in my front yard as art installations.

    Was the beer can redeemable and who got to keep the nickel?? That's the burning question.

    Don't know.

    Heck, there might even have been some warm beer left in the bottom of the can.

    I couldn't quite get past: "Do you want to press charges for trespassing?"
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 13,183 Member Member, Premium Posts: 13,183 Member
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,440 Member Member Posts: 2,440 Member
    I think the saying 'be the best you can be' puts a lot of undue stress on people. What happens to those like me who are content with mediocre? 'Be the most mediocre you can be' doesn't have the same ring to it but so much less stressful.
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 2,978 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,978 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I think the saying 'be the best you can be' puts a lot of undue stress on people. What happens to those like me who are content with mediocre? 'Be the most mediocre you can be' doesn't have the same ring to it but so much less stressful.

    I endorse this message. ~ Your subpar compatriot, MaltedTea
  • s131951s131951 Member Posts: 3,721 Member Member Posts: 3,721 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Sick of these ‘reggaeton’ artist biting off other songs, and they are notorious for it.

    As long as I can remember, all kinds of reggae artists have covered each other's stuff (as well as samples). I'll go out on a pretty sturdy limb and venture to say this is where hip hop found sampling inspo. While I'm sure there's some historical reasoning, but I don't know it.

    Reggaeton is not really my thing but if they're embracing/honouring traditional reggae then this may be why.

    music sampling kinda has distant-cousin roots in surrealism and dadaism, with artists using found sounds as samples to create ambient noise compositions as artwork, like luigi russolo’s ‘the art of noises’ from way back in early 1900s, where he sampled sounds from a bathroom to create like weird droning ambient noise.
    then around 1920s-40s an avant-garde art movement built off that and started musique concrète, which was compositions entirely from recorded samples, most art historians kinda credit that movement with the start of sampling


    eta: i know this has nothing helpful to add to what u said, i just occasionally have like art history tourettes

    3lje1zyfqmxy.jpg
    This little friend had quite an influence.
  • Deadman_DiggingupDeadman_Diggingup Member Posts: 2,826 Member Member Posts: 2,826 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    The term "no homo". Dear god almighty just remove yourself from society.

    Agreed.
  • Miss_Chiev0usMiss_Chiev0us Member Posts: 1,245 Member Member Posts: 1,245 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    The term "no homo". Dear god almighty just remove yourself from society.

    Agreed.

    +1
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,290 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,290 MFP Moderator
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I think the saying 'be the best you can be' puts a lot of undue stress on people. What happens to those like me who are content with mediocre? 'Be the most mediocre you can be' doesn't have the same ring to it but so much less stressful.

    What about "be what you want to be". I don't necessarily want to be the "best", I have my own goal levels, not all of which are at what i think is my highest potential. Some things I can do more than mediocre on without making sacrifices I am not willing to make, other things not so much.
Sign In or Register to comment.