Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Doctor’s recommendation not working

equidivineequidivine Posts: 82Member, Premium Member Posts: 82Member, Premium Member
Been to doctors regarding weight and seen dietician so eating 1200 calories or les and cut down alchohol intake as used to drink 1-2 bottles night.

I’m trying so hard but I’m still putting on weight it’s putting stretch marks on me

Can someone look at diary and help

I’m tired all the time

I’m also dog groomer so on feet all day but never add that to exercise so technically I’m on the go all day but last 3 weeks dieting has done nothing for me!

Now my joints and back are hurting where I’m puttting on weight

Iv put on 5 stone in 2 years 😫

Replies

• centermom71centermom71 Posts: 17Member, Premium Member Posts: 17Member, Premium Member
    Not sure you are eating enough and food seems processed. Have you considered trying WFPB or Flexitarian? Your health care provider might even have a class for you to learn more about the WFPB benefits. Going flexitarian just means you aren't committing to 100% vegetarian, vegan or WFPB - I know it seems like a more reasonable solution for me.

Consider watching Game Changers on Netflix.

I'm currently on a special medically supervised diet that uses Optifast products through my healthcare provider and have lost 30 pounds (not WFPB yet). Not sure you need to lose that much or if your health insurance provides those kinds of options but make sure to ask. I'm attending my first WFPB class this Thursday and that is also through my health insurance.
  • equidivineequidivine Posts: 82Member, Premium Member Posts: 82Member, Premium Member
    Nope the diary is bang on and the main issue for the weight gain is I ate more under guidance of a dietician as was going gym everyday for 2 months walking up hill for 1 hour and put on 2 stone.

I havnt eaten allot of processed food other than weekends. But I grew up on these foods and have always been size 8.

But my partner and kids eats 3 times as much as me and don’t put on weight at all and doesn’t go gym.

Also guys as stated used to drink allot of wine... been 2 weeks without ...

I’m 5ft3 ... even my fitness instructor couldn’t work out why I’m putting on weight as soon as they made me eat more due to extensive fitness he set I piled on weight!

Been tested for thyroid. I am on medication for depression and can sleep anytime anywhere as always tired. Have a hiatus hernia do also suffer eating bulky foods so hence days easier not to eat 😬 always have swollen belly these days at top rather than bottom

Any way always been 8- 9 st eating far worse stuff and now I’m 13 stone.

Actually thought I’d improved last 2 weeks diet wise but hey ho!
  • equidivineequidivine Posts: 82Member, Premium Member Posts: 82Member, Premium Member
    I was also on a tv programme called medical mysteries I’m basically allergic to cheese, milk, nikle and hystamine plus loads more symptoms are itching and skin stinging disease so I can draw words on body.

Personally I feel swollen and carry water weight as I swell during exercise always get swollen fingers!

But I did read that chronic depression make your body put on weight due to costing distress feeling

But yes I can go a day without eating due to hiatus hernia as will bring up food anyway so easier not to eat

I don’t get symptoms if I eat processed foods as it’s not bulky if that makes Sens
  • psychod787psychod787 Posts: 3,041Member, Premium Member Posts: 3,041Member, Premium Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    equidivine wrote: »
    Nope the diary is bang on and the main issue for the weight gain is I ate more under guidance of a dietician as was going gym everyday for 2 months walking up hill for 1 hour and put on 2 stone.

I havnt eaten allot of processed food other than weekends. But I grew up on these foods and have always been size 8.

But my partner and kids eats 3 times as much as me and don’t put on weight at all and doesn’t go gym.

Also guys as stated used to drink allot of wine... been 2 weeks without ...

I’m 5ft3 ... even my fitness instructor couldn’t work out why I’m putting on weight as soon as they made me eat more due to extensive fitness he set I piled on weight!

Been tested for thyroid. I am on medication for depression and can sleep anytime anywhere as always tired. Have a hiatus hernia do also suffer eating bulky foods so hence days easier not to eat 😬 always have swollen belly these days at top rather than bottom

Any way always been 8- 9 st eating far worse stuff and now I’m 13 stone.

Actually thought I’d improved last 2 weeks diet wise but hey ho!

Well, a couple questions. How are your bowel movements? You have a hernia? Has it been repaired? You state stomach is swollen? The hernia kind of bothers me a bit. You could have a blockage. Im not a doctor, nurse actually, and without physically examining you, have no idea. I ran you numbers through https://www.niddk.nih.gov/bwp , and maintenance for lightly active 6-8k steps a day is 2450 cals. Best of luck.

**edit** inside calorie controlled environments, eating "processed food" that is appropriate for your TDEE, does not cause weight gain. In Ab Librium environments, maybe, but thats a discussion for another thread
  • paperpuddingpaperpudding Posts: 5,301Member Member Posts: 5,301Member Member
    Citalopram is an anti depressant - common side effect of anti depressants is tiredness.

Talk to your Dr if it is so tired that it interferes with your life - maybe your dose can be adjusted.

I assume your doctor has done basic blood work -as you say your thyroid was ok. So other common causes of tiredness like iron deficiency, B12 deficiency, Vitamin D deficiency would of been picked up
    Wouldnt hurt to take a multi vitamin - it wont solve your issues but if your diet is very restricted it will cover any micro nutrient gaps.
  • ecjimecjim Posts: 790Member Member Posts: 790Member Member
    Well chasing the babies will make you tired. Chronic stress can contribute to excess belly fat & it sounds like you do have some stress in yout life. I don't know about chrones - get with the Dr.
This discussion has been closed.