Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Jillian Michael comments about Lizzo

123457»

Replies

• MaintainInTheMembraneMaintainInTheMembrane Posts: 59Member Member Posts: 59Member Member
    The interviewer was really pushing the fat acceptance angle to a fitness professional and people are surprised by what she said? Really?

To be fair, she did try to focus on Lizzo’s music and say positive things about that. I don’t know what people honestly expected her to say while keeping her professional integrity intact?
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 4,476Member Member Posts: 4,476Member Member
    I don't choose to comment on other people's weight or bodies unless they ask me to?

I think it's great if people feel good about themselves and attractive no matter their weight, and I think Lizzo is a positive and extremely talented person. Of course, without commenting on any person in particular, while I think it is great and important that one should have self-esteem and positivity no matter their size, it is also true that obesity is a health risk and it would be good to find ways to help tackle this health risk societally. I think [go on about whatever she thinks is the best way to handle the problem generally, without focusing on Lizzo].
    edited February 4
  • threewinsthreewins Posts: 304Member Member Posts: 304Member Member
    edited February 14
  • stefgreen72stefgreen72 Posts: 96Member Member Posts: 96Member Member
    I like Jillian. I like someone that doesn’t coddle people and tells it like it is. Most people just can’t handle it but that doesn’t change the truth.