Exciting Ways to Cook Chicken haha?

2»

Replies

• aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Salsa Chicken

4-6 chicken breasts (or thighs) - boneless is easier- in slow cooker, pour jar of your favorite salsa on top. You can brown the chicken before, if you want. Slow cook on low 4-6 hours or as long as 8 hours. Shred chicken. Use it this way for tacos, etc. But I also like to add a can of black beans, rinsed and drained, corn, drained and taco or fajita seasoning. Spice it up how you like. Then slow cook for another hour for everything to heat through and the flavors blend. Great for tacos, burritos, with rice or whatever.
  • dg4464
    dg4464 Posts: 15 Member
    I have the same problem. I’m looking at theses comments as well.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    How about curry chicken? Do you like spicy food? My best friend growing up was from India - so I always loved the food her Mom made. Fast forward 20 years- just came back from Delhi with a haul of curry and red pepper.

I use a little bit of cream or coconut milk, add in greens, scallions and curry - stew til chicken is cooked and ya super flavorful!

Tandoori chicken is also great with tomatoes and pepper sauce!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Mizutaki Chicken Hot Pot
    https://www.nhk.or.jp/dwc/recipes/detail/227.html
    Mizutaki is a nabe-style hot pot dish of chicken and assorted vegetables that is boiled in a large pot filled with dashi broth. Perfect for this cold season!
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Ground chicken + diced bell and jalapeno peppers + taco seasoning --> cook in a skillet over medium heat. I topped mind with shredded cheese and used tortilla chips to eat but could also be eaten plain or in taco shells/lettuce wraps.

Could also add in beans or corn.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    A whole roast spatchcock chicken is three meals in our small household. Day one on Sunday was the dark meat with roast potatoes and roast carrots, courgette and parsnips and an onion gravy.
    Day two was a wholly inauthentic taco dinner with chopped chicken breast mixed with avocado and commercial salsa and garnishes incuding lime wedges, coriander, creme fraiche and feta, green sriracha. The hubby's delicate digestive system can't handle tortillas or taco shells but does manage thinner peking duck pancake wrappers, so we used those instead.
    Day three tomorrow will be Malaysian chicken laksa made with the other chicken breast.
    1zlxuzau067j.jpeg
    sn54j6ytnq0s.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    Day 3 of roast chicken dinner from Sunday. Chicken laksa.
    ikiz2slgn5tk.jpeg
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited January 2020
    coralecho wrote: »
    I always have a lot of chicken breasts, but have the most boring recipes. Anyone have any suggestions on how to spice it up a bit? Thanks 😊

Just made this over the weekend. Really, really good.
    French Onion Chicken

INGREDIENTS
    2 pounds sweet onions, sliced
    1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    2 cups low sodium beef broth
    1 cup Swiss or Gruyere cheese, grated (I used 4 oz. slices)
    1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon dried sage
    Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

PREPARATION
    Preheat oven to 350º F.
    Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, oven-proof pan or skillet over medium heat. Add onions, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until softened and caramelized.
    Add balsamic vinegar and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until darkened, but not burned.
    Remove onions from heat and transfer to a medium bowl.
    Heat remaining olive oil in skillet and raise heat to medium-high.
    Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, thyme and sage, then place in skillet and sear on both sides until golden brown. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
    Pour beef broth into skillet and bring mixture to a boil, scraping up stuck bits from the bottom of pan.
    Return heat to medium-low and whisk in flour, stirring until smooth. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until mixture has thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
    Return chicken and onions to pan, stir together with beef gravy, then top with grated swiss cheese.
    Transfer skillet to oven and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, and chicken is cooked through.
    Remove from oven and serve hot. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts (per my entry in My Recipes here at MFP)
    Servings 4.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories: 395
    Total Fat: 14 g
    Total Carbohydrate: 31 g
    Protein: 42 g

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    chicken curry!