HELP!!

Options
I’m Trying To Lose Weight And Before I Started This Weight Loss Journey I Was 160 Lbs My Goal Is To Be Back At 145lbs. I Checked My Weight After Two Weeks Of Walking And Strict Diet I’m Gained 4lbs.. I’m Upset I Need Other Ways To Lose Weight.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    I’m Trying To Lose Weight And Before I Started This Weight Loss Journey I Was 160 Lbs My Goal Is To Be Back At 145lbs. I Checked My Weight After Two Weeks Of Walking And Strict Diet I’m Gained 4lbs.. I’m Upset I Need Other Ways To Lose Weight.

1 weigh in, in a 2 week period is not enough data to determine if you're losing weight.

Your weight fluctuates constantly, up and down. 4lbs is well within the normal realms of water weight fluctuations.

A pound of fat is equivalent to around 3500 calories. To gain 4lbs you'd have had to have eaten 14000 calories above your maintenance intake.

You don't need other ways, you just need patience and consistency. You also don't need a strict diet, you just need to eat in a moderate calorie deficit for the amount you have to lose, that's by choosing 0.5-1lb per week loss.

kcf6kojygxwl.jpg
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself at the same time of day makes a difference. I do it after I wake up before breakfast.