Frozen low calorie meals

2»

Replies

• pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    I used to eat Lean Cuisine, but the sodium is way over what I can have now.
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    I usually bring some kind of frozen meal for lunch, I'm also a vegetarian, so that limits what I can have. The Amy's Light and Lean line is pretty good, they've added a few new bowls. I've been enjoying the new Gardein bowls too. I will sometimes add additional vegetables or a protein (packet of tuna added to Amy's Light Mac and Cheese or Lean Cuisine's Vermont Cheddar Mac and Cheese works nicely). Birds Eye also has a bunch of things like the veggie pasta or lightly sauced pasta with veggies. I don't worry about my sodium and it makes lunch very easy and controlled.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Today I had lean cuisine for dinner with bird's eye broccoli. My roast wasn't done in time. Everyone saying frozen meals are sodium which can be true but I still manged to stay under my sodium.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,974 Member
    I think in general if you can making your meals from fresh ingredients this is a positive. You can't control the ingredients when you buy prepared/frozen meals. Rather, make your own frozen meals. For example, when I make a recipe for dinner I might make a double batch. I then portion out in containers for future meal, being sure to label clearly. It really doesn't take that much effort to plan for a week of quick meals. Even if you have a busy schedule eating fresh food is possible.

Yes eating fresh food is probably possible- I know it would be for me, despite working nearly full time.
    Like many other things that are possible - I can choose whether to do them or not, Or do them sometimes and sometimes not.
    I dont mind not being able to control the ingredients - Im not allergic to anything so as long as I like it, its ok.

Im quite happy eating a commercial frozen meal now and then, average once a week I guess - mainly when my husband is on night shift and I cant be bothered cooking just for myself..

Sometimes i have left overs or make something quick like an omelette -or sometimes I have a frozen meal.