Bad day yesterday & 2 dinners planned today

Options
13»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,595 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @NovusDies that's quite active! Plus you get a (manly) hug for that; cause it still sucks even if you know it is not fat!

@Nony_Mouse; you talked about the fight club?!?!?! :hushed: 🙀

Actually many friends have helped with logging over the years. Including picture logging of meals out or buffets. Without them i would still be thinking that shot glass type mini desserts are 50 Cal each, maybe 75!... 😹
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Jruzer wrote: »
    3 margaritas, 2 slices pizza, plus bread bread bread. I was over 1,000 calories feels like. I tracked it, it shows about 480.

Not to pile on, but this sounds much closer to 1000 calories than to 480.

My internal calorie logger puts it over 1600 depending on how many servings 'bread bread bread' means.

OP if you came up with 480 you probably need to work a little harder at logging. You can't just choose the cheapest calorie entries in the database and expect that to work.

That is a really good tip. When I do log( I don’t any more) I used to use the most favourable entries. I didn’t realise to double check user created entries. I’m a bit more experienced now....
  • ssorg9
    ssorg9 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Log it,learn from it, plan for the future, forget about it
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    +1 @tinkerbellang83 said.

I know you keep getting told you are doing something wrong or thinking about things the wrong way and that has to suck. Please stick it out. If it helps you are not learning anything that I haven't been forced to learn from my own mistakes.

The bathroom scale is a horrible motivator. I suggest you try to take pictures and measurements to help gauge your progress. More importantly I think you should read this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1275030/whats-your-most-recent-nsv/p1

NSVs are really what most of us are after not a new number on the scale. I can do so many more things now that I could do over 200 pounds ago. That is so much meaningful than a number on the scale.

Weight fluctuations are annoying but they are part of how your body works. They are nothing to be concerned about unless they cause or are caused by a medical problem.

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    ^^ What those smart people said.

4 pounds that comes on overnight and goes away in 4 days is not fat and has nothing to do with fat loss. That four pounds is guaranteed to be water and waste. You’re not here to lose water and normal bodily waste, right?

I would suggest going back and rereading this thread. You don’t seem to be listening to the things folks are telling you.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    i can only say what the others said - if you knew you were having a big 13 course dinner, why did you eat and drink so much at lunch? And surely you aren't forced to go to 2 dinners? That is just crazy.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Options
    Oops - sorry - I didn't see a load of posts (only looked at first page). Just think about it and make some changes - consistency is the key - not eating loads for a few months, then restricting hard on a 'diet', then getting bored of it and going back to eating loads. You have to rethink your eating habits FOR EVER (yikes!)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    i can only say what the others said - if you knew you were having a big 13 course dinner, why did you eat and drink so much at lunch? And surely you aren't forced to go to 2 dinners? That is just crazy.

The big lunch was the day before the two dinner day :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,595 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    1 = Jan 6 -> 7: Italian Rest Meal: 2535 Day's Total: 4124 TDEE (Fitbit, unadjusted): 2756
    4 = Jan 7 -> 8: Fish & Chips Rest Meal: 1275 Day's Total: 2721 TDEE (Fitbit, unadjusted) 2746
    2 = Jan 10->11: Italian Rest Meal: 2450 Day total 3467 TDEE (Fitbit, unadjusted): 2374
    3 = Jan 19->20: Buffet Function: 3500 Day total 4086 TDEE (Fitbit, unadjusted) 3146

MFP settings calibrated to lose @-150 when going over goal by about 200--cause I like being a rebel and almost always in the red. Goal is maintenance/sure go lower/say no to regaining! :blush:

From the speed of up and down, most of the movement is "water weight" and "food in transit"

p7ixr0153xja.jpg

Note that there is some active adjustment. For example the fish and chips the day after the Italian, I ordered lightly battered, patted the fish and chips dry, got coleslaw without the dressing and used it as a sandwich filling for the side bun and butter, used a scale, including for the ketchup and kept the day within my TDEE (yes, it is a casual restaurant I've been going to for years and yes, I use a scale when I eat there and have reduced down from 6 to 8 pieces of fish and 3 orders of chips in the years leading to 2014... to, well, 2 pieces of fish and one order of chips these days)

No one else has to do same or similar, but choices and adjustments do have to be made to make things fit: anything @ anytime, just not everything all the time.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Options
    I know it must be hard if you have to go out, but if I have a week with lots of outings, I don't eat any bread with the meal, and go for small options - fish generally. No dessert - have a coffee instead. And no alcohol and lunch - that is a disaster :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    @100togo2020 I was thinking about your struggle yesterday while listening to the "How To Identify Your Diet Cycle Triggers" episode of the Half Size Me podcast: https://www.halfsizeme.com/hsm411/

About half way in she starts talking about dealing with all the food events during the holiday season, which reminded me of all your work and social food events. You might find something useful in this episode.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @100togo2020 I was thinking about your struggle yesterday while listening to the "How To Identify Your Diet Cycle Triggers" episode of the Half Size Me podcast: https://www.halfsizeme.com/hsm411/

About half way in she starts talking about dealing with all the food events during the holiday season, which reminded me of all your work and social food events. You might find something useful in this episode.

Half Size Me is a great podcast!
  • 100togo2020
    100togo2020 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I’m vegetarian as well. 23 years.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,034 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I’m vegetarian as well. 23 years.

Me, too, vegetarian 45 years. Pretty much all of the above advice still applies, except for the actual meat/fish. :)

Best wishes!