Being social

jadu1536
jadu1536 Posts: 112 Member
edited January 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
It’s odd but all social events involve the intake of calories .. Friday I went to dinner with my friend and just had a grilled chicken wrap and coffee - which added up to 800 calories. She added hummus, feta cheese and a garlic sauce to hers so I think that must have added 300-400 calories to her meal.. however I resisted the urge to add the extra calories. Yesterday I met up with my friend and we had some wine .. I resisted the chocolate she bought to go with it and had a salad for dinner with dressing on the side ... gonna drink a lot of water today and try to make it to the gym. I hope that these small wins help me see results.

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    "I hope that these small wins help me see results."

As long as it fits into your calorie goal deficit, you are good to go.

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    jadu1536 wrote: »
    It’s odd but all social events involve the intake of calories .. Friday I went to dinner with my friend and just had a grilled chicken wrap and coffee - which added up to 800 calories. She added hummus, feta cheese and a garlic sauce to hers so I think that must have added 300-400 calories to her meal.. however I resisted the urge to add the extra calories. Yesterday I met up with my friend and we had some wine .. I resisted the chocolate she bought to go with it and had a salad for dinner with dressing on the side ... gonna drink a lot of water today and try to make it to the gym. I hope that these small wins help me see results.

yes, humans tend to gather around food. I think it goes back to our ancestors. I agree with @nighthawk584 , you want it, fit it. Though, I have come to believe that I don't have to eat to be social. Talking, enjoying the company of others is enough for me.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    jadu1536 wrote: »

yes, humans tend to gather around food. I think it goes back to our ancestors. I agree with @nighthawk584 , you want it, fit it. Though, I have come to believe that I don't have to eat to be social. Talking, enjoying the company of others is enough for me.

Yes you are correct and I love now that when I'm at an event where it centers around food I refuse and have the ability to say no to eating just for the sake of eating. I do not care if people talk about me either, I refuse to eat unless I want to or need to. I will not have meals just because. I don't eat after 8 O'clock at night and on New Years that held. I know people thought I was nuts, and to that I say TOO BAD. Think I'm nuts, don't think I'm fat anymore. I'll take nuts over fat any day.