February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Husband's dad runs the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon every year and this year is the 40th anniversary. He wants to run it with his dad this year (October) but he wants to take the baby. I can't leave because my 13 year-old can't miss school. I told him no. Baby, biggest momma's boy ever on a plane without me. No. Several states away. No. Then I realized/remembered that he didn't object profusely when I took little guy several states away on a plane for 2 1/2 weeks last summer. I'm torn, conflicted. What would you do? Am I being irrational or completely rational?

@LoveyChar I think you should let him do it. A race with his dad? Heck yes!! I'm all for experiences. You never know how much time you have left with someone special so if there's an opportunity like this, he should take it. Memories like those are what we keep the rest of our lives.

Besides, if the baby has issues on the plane, that for him to deal with. They'll both survive the ordeal.

From a mums perspective, how old is baby? Are you still breastfeeding or is he taking bottles/food? If not breastfeeding then yes let hubby take him! It will be really good for you to have a break - my kids are 5 and 3 and I would have definitely let them go with hubby like that as soon as I stopped breastfeeding (mostly because pumping is a Pita).

What are your actual concerns
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @7lenny7. You've been missed!
    Hey there @Elise4270 good to see you too!
    (I mean REALLY see you. Nice xrays) 😋

@LoveyChar I would let him go. It will be good for him (and give you a break too)
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 wrote: »
    My next race is coming up in 2.5 weeks. I've mentioned it before but was AWOL from here when I actually signed up. Well, I'm now signed up for the Sandlot Marathon, a marathon on a baseball diamond. Just 384.55 laps around the bases. It's not for everyone. The absurdity of the race is what appeals to me. That and that fact that I'll know half the people there.

This would be a great race for @AlphaHowls .

Here's a great video about the race from the local TV station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYM2ZInFf8

*dew claws up*
    Aye, I read about it when you posted about it previously. It would be great for me if I had time to travel.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Good to hear from you! I love that you are doing the Sandlot Marathon, I have read about it before and thought only true insane people would do it. So, I guess that means you!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    It's 1130pm. Just got home from work. Sitting in my spa under the milky-way. It's beautiful.

Just thought I'd share. Good night!

This needs a jealous reaction.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the responses, everyone and like @7lenny7 said, he'll survive the plane and all of it. Truth is, though, we were talking about everything last night and right now he's supposed to be running two miles and he can't even truly run two miles. He has to walk/run so he's not even sure he could run a full in 7 months. His plan is one year long but he said he found a plan to speed up the training process so he would be ready. If he does get ready in time, he'll go and take little guy with him. Time for him to get disciplined and determined of he's going to do more than talk about it, I guess.

@Avidkeo I stopped 6 months ago. He's slept with me every single night of his life, though. I told husband he needs to lay down with him at night until he falls asleep because he shouldn't be screaming his sweet little head off, so so wrong. It's little worries like that...and I don't really think he'd let him scream but I still have anxieties.

@mbaker566 Aeriel yoga makes me think of Cirque du Soleil. It's lovely, very artistic.

I have been such a slacker, not running much, overeating. Today I'm on track. It's Thursday, February 27th and I'm on track. I hope everyone has a lovely day...I hope everyone is hitting their goals and if not, striving counts for a lot...
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Husband's dad runs the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon every year and this year is the 40th anniversary. He wants to run it with his dad this year (October) but he wants to take the baby. I can't leave because my 13 year-old can't miss school. I told him no. Baby, biggest momma's boy ever on a plane without me. No. Several states away. No. Then I realized/remembered that he didn't object profusely when I took little guy several states away on a plane for 2 1/2 weeks last summer. I'm torn, conflicted. What would you do? Am I being irrational or completely rational?

@LoveyChar let him go. I let my son go to Alabama and Washington. Hardest thing ever but it’s so good for them to get out in the world and learn that there is so much more than what they see every day. You’ll regret it later (i think) if you don’t let him have this.

+

Your husband can get ready for the race. My plan was from zero to marathon ready in six months!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    2/1: 6m
    2/2: 4.25m
    2/3: 2.25m
    2/4: 3.25m
    2/5: 6m
    2/7: 4m
    2/8: 5.75m
    2/9: 3m
    2/10: 2.5m
    2/12: 7m
    2/13: 4.5m
    2/14: 1.5m
    2/15: 4m
    2/16: 6.25m
    2/17: 10m
    2/18: 3m
    2/19: 1.75m
    2/20: 3m
    2/21: 2m
    2/22: 5m
    2/23: 7.5m
    2/25: 3m
    2/26: 6m
    2/27: 3.5m

It's looking like another weekend of great weather here. The temperatures dipped this week, but I'll take it if we can have consistently warmer weekends.